Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Awards 2020 (Winners Announced!)

Gold Derby TV Awards 2020 (Winners Announced!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 404 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

Between Comedy, Drama, and Limited Series, the Limited Series category had the most winners from different shows and was the least like a sweep… which will probably be the exact opposite from what happens this Sunday as we basically watch Watchmen stack up wins for a couple hours.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m genuinely so happy that at least Linney and Pelphrey won here they gave my favorite performances of the year and should be winning Emmys in a cake walk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Btw, Macfadyen only faced Culkin, so I cannot wait for people to still claim that there is no vote-splitting among the two.

I didn’t realise Tom Pelphrey (the winner of the Gold Derby award) was nominated at the Emmys?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Boring, uninspired wins. So nothing new there I guess.

Not surprised either that the only non-white winner across all the lead/supporting categories was Regina King because of course.

Also, the non-forum members form the majority of the voters in these awards so I don’t understand why y’all are acting surprised that the general consensus on these forums isn’t always shared by those users too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’m quite sad for Jane. This was the only and last place to reward her masterful work. I did like Cherry but we couldve chosen a more inspiring choice. Jane was snubbed at the Emmys while Cherry will have a huge chance there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The only way to prevent troll bombing is to implement voting restrictions by post count or sign-in date.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Drama Actor: Outlander trolls need to get a life

I just… I can’t. Jeremy Strong deserved better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Also, the non-forum members form the majority of the voters in these awards so I don’t understand why y’all are acting surprised that the general consensus on these forums isn’t always shared by those users too.

It’s not that we’re surprised, it’s that we’re annoyed. The Outlander stans have a reputation for doing this annually. They post it on their official twitter site to get people to vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

As bad as Outlander-ers are, nothing beats Shadowhunters stans. They sabotage multiple awards.

Only one person on here complained about that show before……Hello Guest 2018

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

GD people are no better, and sometimes WORSE, than your average Oscar/Emmy voter. The forums hated Jim Parsons’ performance and gave him the win here (sure, split voting but why was HE the alternative?).

Because people want to be right more than individual taste. The human ego is odd thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I’m genuinely so happy that at least Linney and Pelphrey won here they gave my favorite performances of the year and should be winning Emmys in a cake walk.

It would’ve made the supporting actor race a lot easier to predict lol. I’m starting to wonder about Crudup though… he was in fourth place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

Here to say this gif is adorable. I stan delightful BTS content.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

As bad as Outlander-ers are, nothing beats Shadowhunters stans. They sabotage multiple awards. The two horsemen of ruining fan-voted awards apocalypse.

Ok we get it you think the Shadowhunter stans are worse. Also, weren’t you banned?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sam Heughan is.. refreshing. Outlander beyond underrated. The miniseries supporting wins are embarrassing. Parsons was absolutely Razzie worthy, and Collette did nothing.

I’m not a fan of Parsons’ performance but imagine saying him and Collette are undeserving but then saying Heughan deservingly won over Cox and Strong…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 404 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.