Home Forums Television Which 2010s Lead Actress Nominees will WIN an Emmy this decade?

Which 2010s Lead Actress Nominees will WIN an Emmy this decade?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Piper Halliwell
forwardswill
Which 2010s Lead Actress Nominees will WIN an Emmy this decade?
Kathy Bates
Connie Britton
Claire Foy
Taraji P Henson
Keri Russell
Tatiana Maslany
Kerry Washington
Robin Wright
Other (please comment with who)
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We saw this decade how Lead Actress nominees and winners from the 00s such as Julianna Margulies, Edie Falco, Glenn Close (The Shield) and Alison Janney returned in acclaimed performances and either won their first Emmys or went on to become Emmy darlings.

Out of the Lead Actress nominees and winners who are no longer eligible for the roles they were nominated for, who do you think has more of a chance of winning a first (or another) Emmy this decade. Comment below who you voted for!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I voted Maslany. A lot of the other contenders appear to be moving more towards film whilst Maslany seems to be focused on getting other leading roles in television. She could win next year for Perry Mason for all we know if she delivers and/or the show doesn’t flop.

I’d rank the actors chances like this :

1. Tatiana Maslany
    2. Kerry Washington
    3. Keri Russell
    4. Connie Britton
    5. Vera Farmiga
    6. Taraji P Henson
    7. Kathy Bates
    8. Claire Foy
    9. Robin Wright
    10. Lizzy Caplan
    11. Michelle Dockery
    12. Mireille Einos
    13. January Jones

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Michelle Dockery. Mostly because I want it to happen but also because I think she has done the most diverse and interesting TV work since Downton. She’s unlucky not to be getting in for Defending Jacob.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I voted for Maslany just because she is the only one with an upcoming TV project. Kathy Bates might also give an acclaimed performance with AHS. Connie Britton signed an overall deal with Amazon so she can also return to TV in near future.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

How is Michelle Dockery not a poll option? She is way more likely than names like Keri Russell, Tatiana Maslany, Taraji P. Henson or Robin Wright.

From Downton Abbey to Godless to Defending Jacob. It’s clear that Dockery is a very popular name, and based on her recent projects, she is also among the top names for American roles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I chose people nominated multiple times.

Also she isn’t more likely than Tatiana Maslany. Since she broke through in 2016 she has never missed and has a project next year. Dockery was dropped for Downtown and couldn’t win an Emmy for Godless in its least competitive category despite her co-stars winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

1. Michelle Dockery had three nominations for Downton Abbey and one for Godless. That’s 4 nominations overall, that’s more than Henson’s, Russell’s, Foy’s or Maslany’s numbers. And equal with Britton’s and Washington’s results.

2. Other than Kathy Bates, Claire Foy and Tatiana Maslany, none of the other actresses won an Emmy.

3. If you are interested in whether Maslany is going to win another Emmy, my answer is no. But even if she wins a second Emmy, I see more chances for Dockery to win her first for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Okay I didn’t realise Dockery was nominated after season 2 of Downton. And I meant in Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Also I was going to include everyone but there is a maximum of 10 options on here and I can’t. I did miscalculate when making this poll and only gave 9 options though…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Thanks for being fair! All the best! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Thanks for being fear! All the best! 🙂

I don’t know what this means but never mind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Keri Russell because I believe in justice

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I don’t know what this means but never mind.

Lol. I was sincerely complimenting you for admitting that you made a mistake.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Keri Russell because I believe in justice

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ah ok. I just got confused by the fear part but maybe it’s my age showing…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

That was supposed to be “fair”. It’s just a typo. I was on my phone 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.