Home Forums Television Which Emmy 2019 shows/candidates have campaigned well? Who's campaigning most?

Which Emmy 2019 shows/candidates have campaigned well? Who's campaigning most?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Kellyemm
Rachel
  • Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Thought I’d start a thread here re: this as I’m genuinely curious.

I’ve been following the GoT campaign like a hawk because I’m still mourning the loss and am genuinely interested in cast interviews 🙂 – but from the outside in – I feel like Fleabag are doing a really good job as are When They See Us. Not seeing Killing Eve at all, really. Am I missing something?

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe it was in the Drama Supporting Actor/Drama Supporting Actress forum where someone said Alfie Allen is the only Game of Thrones actor currently campaigning. My guess is HBO isn’t going to do much to put Allen’s name out there, as they might be embarrassed that he got nominated for a performance they didn’t think was worth submitting, so he probably has to do most of his own heavy lifting. And unlike his fellow self submitted nominee Gwendolyn Christie, Allen isn’t the critical favorite of the show’s supporting men, so that’s another thing working against him.

While on the topic of Alfie Allen, I’d just like to say his nomination is a truly wonderful surprise. Theon may not have done a whole lot this season, but Allen’s always fantastic acting made for some truly powerful moments.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

All of the self nominees have been doing campaigning which I think has gone really well, I think it’s all been picked up nicely by other outlets with all their important points picked up. Allen has the capacity to be in the US whereas the other two are doing theatre runs/film launches.

Did you see Alfie’s Gold Derby interview? It’s great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toIfaTgIC-Q

Rob did one for Gwen as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMlISzwytos&t=760s

and Daniel interviewed Carice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78alHZvXfes

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure why someone mentioned Allen as the only GOT actor who was campaigning. It’s worth noting, Peter Dinklage doesn’t need to campaign. He’s likely gonna win no matter what. In the past four seasons, the only time that he needed to campaign was for season 6, and that’s only because Kit Harington’s season was so much showier and more popular than Dinklage’s that year.  Dinklage doesn’t have that problem this year. Coster-Waldau had about as showy a year as Dinklage, but that didn’t stop Dinklage from winning last year. Alfie Allen gave a great performance, but he’s only alive for the first three episodes. Peter Dinklage is by far the most beloved actor on the show, and I don’t think anyone else has much of a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure why someone mentioned Allen as the only GOT actor who was campaigning. It’s worth noting, Peter Dinklage doesn’t need to campaign. He’s likely gonna win no matter what. In the past four seasons, the only time that he needed to campaign was for season 6, and that’s only because Kit Harington’s season was so much showier and more popular than Dinklage’s that year. Dinklage doesn’t have that problem this year. Coster-Waldau had about as showy a year as Dinklage, but that didn’t stop Dinklage from winning last year. Alfie Allen gave a great performance, but he’s only alive for the first three episodes. Peter Dinklage is by far the most beloved actor on the show, and I don’t think anyone else has much of a chance.

I said that because Alfie Allen was the only one campaigning AFTER the nominations. Gwendoline and Carice’s interviews were prior to them being nominated. Gwendoline recently jumped into the game. The person that campaigned the best during this race was Phoebe Waller-Bridge with Natasha Lyonne in a close second.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Waller Bridge’s campaigning has indeed been really excellent.

Also, Mandy Moore has popped up for me without looking an awful lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

At the Performer peer group event last night- Jared Harris, Marsha Stephanie Blake, Glynn Turman

Doing a lot of interviews- Jharrel Jerome, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Alfie Allen, Jessica Lange, Michelle Williams, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Sian Clifford, Peter MacnIchol, Tony Hale, Stephen Root, Laverne Cox.

Honestly, it’s not a lot. People are just sitting back. We will see if that is a wise strategy.

As for the most shameless campaigners?

JLD- very carefully choreographed released interviews in major industry publications, high class photo shoots, headlines on her cancer battle, and tweeting it all out on social media platforms and all timed during the start of voting. All this for a woman who already has won 11 Emmys!

Jess Lange- Queen please! You are a STAR! A LEGEND! Campaigning to win a GUEST Emmy? Have some standards please!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Andrea.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen JLD campaigning as hard as this year. Also, Hale seems to be the co-star who’s getting attention, not Chlumsky.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

PWB – Shameless. Seriously shameless.

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

Patricia Clarkson hiked up a big hill in huge high heals in order to get to the Gold Derby Emmy kickoff party last May. (there was a traffic jam.)

That was dedication I thought!

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

PWB – Shameless. Seriously shameless.

In what way? Major publications want to interview her just like any other indemand talent; most are legitimate industry trades. She’s not courting or even in tabloids nor does she have social media. Aside from FYC events for the show organised by Amazon she hasn’t been attending any other Emmy events especially now when she’s performing at the West End.

She’s doing the bare minimum to raise her profile for her career.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.