Home Forums Television Which TV show(s) will earn the MOST 2021 Emmy nominations?

Which TV show(s) will earn the MOST 2021 Emmy nominations?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
gabspss
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Understandably this annual thread hadn’t been created for this Emmy calendar yet but considering we only have two months of eligibility left I thought it would be interesting to discuss and to predict overall which shows will get the most nominations (Primetime and Creative).

At the moment I guess the frontrunners for this honour must be The Crown and The Queen’s Gambit? I am currently betting on The Crown purely on the basis that it will probably get a gazillion acting nominations. I guess <i>The Underground Railroad</i> is a possibility if it’s well received too.

What do you guys think?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Drama

The Crown: 27 (+14 from last year): Series, Actress, Actress, Actor, S. Actress, S. Actress, S. Actress, S. Actress, S. Actor, Writing, Directing, Directing, Directing, G. Actress, G. Actor, Casting, Cinematography, Costumes, Hairstyling, Music Composition, Music Supervision, Editing, Editing, Production Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Episodic Visual Effects

The Mandalorian: 25 (+10 from last year): Series, Actor, S. Actor, G. Actress, Writing, Writing, Writing, Directing, Directing, Directing, Directing, Casting, Cinematography, Costumes, Makeup, Prosthetic Makeup, Music Composition, Editing, Editing, Editing, Production Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Series Visual Effects, Stunts

Bridgerton: 16 (N/A from last year): Series, Actor, S. Actor, S. Actress, S. Actress, Directing, Casting, Cinematography, Costumes, Hairstyling, Makeup, Main Title Theme Music, Main Title Design, Music Composition, Music Supervision, Production Design

The Handmaid’s Tale: 14 (+4 from last year): Series, Actress, S. Actress, S. Actress, S. Actor, G. Actor, G. Actress, G. Actress, Directing, Cinematography, Costumes, Hairstyling, Makeup, Production Design

Lovecraft Country: 9 (N/A from last year): Series, Actress, S. Actor, G. Actor, Cinematography, Music Composition, Music Supervision, Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing

Pose: 9 (+4 from last year): Series, Actor, Actress, G. Actor, Casting, Short Form, Costumes, Hairstyling, Makeup

The Boys: 8 (+7 from last year): Series, Writing, Writing, Editing, Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Series Visual Effects

This is Us: 7 (+1 from last year): Actor, S. Actor, G. Actor, G. Actor, G. Actress, Music and Lyrics, Hairstyling

In Treatment: 5 (+5 from last time): Series, Actress, S. Actor, S. Actor, Casting

Perry Mason: 4 (N/A from last year): Actor, Cinematography, Music Composition, Sound Mixing

The Nevers: 4 (N/A from last year): Cinematography, Prosthetic Makeup, Sound Mixing, Stunts

Star Trek : Discovery: 3 (-1 from last time): Prosthetic Makeup, Sound Editing, Series Visual Effects

The Mosquito Coast: 2 (N/A from last year): Actor, Cinematography

Ratched: 2 (N/A from last year): G. Actress, Main Title Design

I Hate Suzie: 1 (N/A from last year): Writing

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

The Crown, The Mandalorian, The Queen’s Gambit and SNL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I think The Crown will receive no Guest Acting nominations, only 2 Supporting Actresses and definetely no nominations for Music Supervision, Editing and Prosthetic Make-Up. So that’s 20 nominations overall for the show.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I mean why predict The Crown for prosthetics and snub Lovecraft Country? It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Crown will receive no Guest Acting nominations, only 2 Supporting Actresses and definetely no nominations for Music Supervision, Editing and Prosthetic Make-Up. So that’s 20 nominations overall for the show.

I agree with you about prosthetic makeup but I strenuously disagree abut editing and music supervision. I think it will very easily get nominated for both those categories.  Those categories are empty and it’s the Drama Series frontrunner. Plus it has flashier and more memorable editing and music supervision this season.

Not only does The Crown have the virtue of having one of its “most edited” sequences being in the premiere but it also has the benefit of scenes from Terra Nullius doing the rounds online. The episode is an escapist visual spectacle in its self and the visual ambitious elements of the episode I think will give it a sense of appeal to the editors branch.

With regards to the music supervision I’m partly confident in predicting it because of The Crown‘s shift in its use of music supervision. It got a lot of buzz when the season first premiered for how it utilised popular tunes from the likes of David Bowie and Steve Nicks in its character based storytelling. Particularly in its depiction of Diana’s evolution throughout the series. Uptown Girl! Let’s Dance! Edge of Seventeen! Stranger Things got nominated in this category thrice purely for how the show matched popular 80s tunes to its thematic aspects so I don’t see why it’s implausible for The Crown to do the same and get in for matching popular 80s tune to its character based storytelling.

Not to mention that The Crown is much stronger than Stranger Things ever has been and with the exception of The Handmaid’s Tale, the only series frontrunners that have tended to miss in this category are those that didn’t have particularly memorable music supervision or chose not to submit.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.