Home Forums Television Who should receive the Carol Burnett Award at the 2021 Golden Globes? [New Poll]

Who should receive the Carol Burnett Award at the 2021 Golden Globes? [New Poll]

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
Chris Beachum
Deniz_Efe_Aci..
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Who should receive the Carol Burnett Award at the 2021 Golden Globes? Vote in our new poll with the following 12 options:

Alan Alda
    Candice Bergen
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Angela Lansbury
    Norman Lear
    David Letterman
    Lorne Michaels
    Bob Newhart
    Lily Tomlin
    Cicely Tyson
    Dick Van Dyke
    Betty White

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/golden-globes-2021-carol-burnett-award-new-poll/

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

This is tough but my top picks are Betty White and Angela Lansbury. Betty White should’ve gotten this award last year. I still have no idea why they chose Ellen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Cicely Tyson

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I owe so much of my childhood to Dick Van Dyke. Easily him.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Jeremy Strong (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Screenplay), "No Time to Die" (Best Original Song)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

This is tough but my top picks are Betty White and Angela Lansbury. Betty White should’ve gotten this award last year. I still have no idea why they chose Ellen.

I bet they feel great about that now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Lorne Michaels has to win at some point.

This is really crass, but I wonder if they’re waiting for Betty White to pass before giving her this award and then doing it posthumously. When she made an appearance at the Emmys a few years back she did not seem to be in the shape to make a lengthy acceptance speech.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Lorne Michaels has to win at some point. This is really crass, but I wonder if they’re waiting for Betty White to pass before giving her this award and then doing it posthumously. When she made an appearance at the Emmys a few years back she did not seem to be in the shape to make a lengthy acceptance speech.

Oh my… well she does turn 99 in January. 🙁 I really hope they do it when she’s still with us.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

I never realized it is just an award for achievement in television, not necessarily in comedy.

I kind of assumed it was a comedy award because of the name and awarding it to Ellen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

It is a TV award. DeMille is for film.

They will not choose someone posthumously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Then it definitely should be Betty this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Lansbury, Van Dyke and White received Life Achievement Awards by SAG. However Lansbury’s one was in 1997, so I think she should be the one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Betty White shes har the longest career in television holding the Guinness record for most hours on television Bey a female performer. She was on television since its initial inception ing Los angeles. She has had hit show after hot show in different decades from Life with Elizabeth for which she was a writer and broke barriers for female talent behind the scene, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland. Nobody comes close to accomplishing what she has in her 80 year plus career

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Lansbury, Van Dyke and White received Life Achievement Awards by SAG. However Lansbury’s one was in 1997, so I think she should be the one.

Didn’t Lily Tomlin also win a SAG lifetime achievement?

This is a super difficult list. All legends. Dick, Candice, Betty (on behalf of all GGs everywhere), Lily whom I ADORE, Angela, Whoopi, what a bunch.

Lorne has obviously done the most for television from this group though, you would have to say. If he was British he would certainly have at least a CBE by now if not higher. Can’t say he’d give a riveting acceptance speech or anything, but.

EDIT – Alan Alda has also won a SAG lifetime achievement award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:
    sofan
    Topics:

I still think it should’ve been called “The Betty White Award for Achievement in TV”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.