Home Forums Television Who Was Second in Limited/Movie Actor in 2019?

Who Was Second in Limited/Movie Actor in 2019?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Tirador51598
Who Was Second in Limited/Movie Actor in 2019?
Mahershala Ali
Benicio del Toro
Hugh Grant
Jared Harris
Sam Rockwell
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Post your thoughts/who you voted for below!

I know I’ve been creating a lot of these who was 2nd threads but I find this one to be the most fascinating.

Mahershala Ali : Coming off from the buzz of his second Oscar win many were predicting him to win until the rise of ChernobylFosse/Verdon and When They See Us.
    Benicio del Toro : An Academy Award winning actor starring in a Limited Series nominee that was probably second or third in Actress.
    Hugh Grant : Acclaimed film star debuting on television in a role that was seen by many to be a revelation, co-star won the Emmy in respective category, did not miss at a single award ceremony.
    Jared Harris : Star of the Limited Series winner.
    Sam Rockwell : Academy Award winning actor arrives on television, won the SAG award for this role and starred opposite the Actress winner.

For a while I thought it was Jared Harris because I thought this was a WTSU v Chernobyl battle but after his SAG win I now think it was Sam Rockwell. Chernobyl still had a lot of buzz by the time it got to SAG so even if When They See Us lost buzz if Harris was second he would have won at SAG. Furthermore Rockwell’s performance, although it was outshone by Williams’s, was still very much acclaimed and considering Fosse/Verdon’s guild performance he was starring in the Limited Series runner-up.

I think at the end of the day the ranking was like this:

1) Jharell Jerome
    2) Sam Rockwell
    3) Jared Harris
    4) Hugh Grant
    5) Mahershala Ali
    6) Benicio del Toro

I think Chernobyl’s performance at the Emmys could hint that Succession can very well win Drama Series this year. Chernobyl, although it received three acting nominations, very much won without the support of actors and with the overwhelming support of the writing and directing branch of the Television Academy. I think if Succession can get at three acting nominations (which I think will be for Cox, Snook and Strong) then I think it can easily win Drama Series. Even if it doesn’t win those acting awards.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Sam Rockwell given Williams also won and he took SAG, but I’m still gonna go with Jared Harris, as his show was the big winner and he had the acclaim as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tirador51598
    Topics:

Instead of the second place I’ll just post my whole ranking:</p>
    1. Jared Harris.

2. Benicio Del Toro.

3. Hugh Grant.

4. Jharrel Jerome.

5. Sam Rockwell.

6. Mahershala Ali.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Tirador51598.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Tirador51598.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.