Home Forums Television Writing & Directing 2019

Writing & Directing 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 266 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

PWB doesn’t have writer’s credit on any sole episode of Killing Eve this season, right? If so, what a bummer, as that would be a great place to reward her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am praying for Mike Flanagan in directing, praying!

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE: 1. A Very English Scandal: Russell T Davies 2. Escape at Dannemora: Brett Johnson & Michael Tolkin, “Chapter Seven” 3. Black Mirror: Charlie Brooker, “Bandersnatch” 4. Sharp Objects: Marti Noxon & Gillian Flynn, “Milk” 5. The Haunting: Mike Flanagan, “Silence Lay Steadily” 6. Chernobyl: Craig Mazin 7. Deadwood: David Milch 8. American Vandal: Tony Yacenda & Dan Perrault, “The Brownout” 9. When They See Us: Ava DuVernay 10. Brexit: James Graham OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE: 1. Escape at Dannemora: Ben Stiller 2. Sharp Objects: Jean-Marc Vallée 3. The Haunting: Mike Flanagan, Hill House 4. Chernobyl: Johan Renck 5. The Act: Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre, “La Maison du Bon Rêve” 6. When They See Us: Ava DuVernay 7. Maniac: Cary Joji Fukunaga 8. True Detective: Daniel Sackheim, “The Final Country” 9. The Act: Steven Piet, “Free” 10. Black Mirror: David Slade, “Bandersnatch”

@riley are Catch-22 and Fosse/Verdon bad enough to not even be considered for these categories even with the starpower attached?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am probably underestimating them at this point, but the writers and directors did nominate the likes of Twin Peaks and American Vandal last year over series nominees The Alienist and Genius, so I am thinking that Fosse/Verdon is more likely to be a series than a writing or directing nominee. The reviews continue to trickle out—Entertainment Weekly likes it; Forbes does not. The more that I think about Catch-22, the more that I think that it is going to be a non-factor. There are enough other names in contention to get the Barry Levinson slot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see When They See Us  and The Twilight Zone nominated because of DuVernay and Peele.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Peele would be in my predictions if he were eligible, which I do not believe he is.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

WRITING:
    Drama: Better Call Saul, Bodyguard, Game of Thrones, Killing Eve, Pose, Succession
    Comedy: Barry, Russian Doll, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Veep, Veep
    Limited Series/TV Movie: A Very English Scandal, American Vandal, Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Escape at Dannemora, Sharp Objects, The Haunting of Hill House

DIRECTING:
    Drama: Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones, Homecoming, Ozark, Pose, Succession
    Comedy: Barry, The Big Bang Theory, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Veep, Veep
    Limited Series/TV Movie: Escape at Dannemora, Maniac, Sharp Objects, The Act, The Haunting of Hill House, When They See Us

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

WRITING:
    Drama:  Bodyguard, Game of Thrones, The Handmaid’s Tale, Killing Eve, Pose, Succession
    Comedy: Barry, Russian Doll, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Veep, Veep
    Limited Series/TV Movie: A Very English Scandal, American Vandal, Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Escape at Dannemora, Sharp Objects, The Act

DIRECTING:
    Drama: Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones, Homecoming, Ozark, Pose, Succession (or Bodyguard)
    Comedy: Barry, The Big Bang Theory, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Veep, Veep
    Limited Series/TV Movie: Escape at Dannemora, Maniac, Sharp Objects, The Act, A Very English Scandal, When They See Us

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  wolfali.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Directing seems fairly easy to predict: Emmy winner David Nutter for GoT, Emmy winner Miguel S for the big battle episode of GoT, D.B Weiss and Daniel Beniof for the series finales of GoT, Óscar winner Adam McKay for Succession, James Bateman for Ozark and the director of the pilot of Bodyguard.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    rlk
    Participant
    Topics:

WRITING:
    Drama: Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones, Killing Eve, Pose, Succession
    Comedy: Barry, Catastrophe, The Good Place, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Veep, Veep
    Limited Series/TV Movie: The Act, Catch-22, Escape at Dannemora, Sharp Objects, A Very English Scandal, When They See Us

DIRECTING:
    Drama: Bodyguard, Game of Thrones, Homecoming, Ozark, Pose, Succession
    Comedy: Barry, The Big Bang Theory, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Veep, Veep
    Limited Series/TV Movie: Chernobyl, Escape at Dannemora, Maniac, Sharp Objects, A Very English Scandal, When They See Us

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  rlk.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  rlk.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Bradley Ashworth
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope GLOW can get a writing nod this year, I’m sure Jesse Peretz will get another bid, for the finale but I’d love to see “The Good Twin” episode get a writing/directing nod

If The Good Place does finally get a writing/directing nod. Which episode(s) do you think will get nominated?

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Writing for Comedy

1. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2. Veep
    3. Veep
    4. Barry
    5. Fleabag
    6. The Good Place

Directing for Comedy

1. The Big Bang Theory
    2. Veep
    3. Veep
    4. Barry
    5. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    6. The Good Place

Writing for Drama

1. Killing Eve
    2. Game Of Thrones
    3. Bodyguard
    4. Succession
    5. Homecoming
    6. The Handmaid’s Tale

Directing for Drama

1. Bodyguard
    2. Game Of thrones
    3. Succession
    4. Pose
    5. Ozark
    6. The Handmaid’s Tale

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Directing for Drama

1. Bodyguard
    2. Game Of thrones
    3. Succession
    4. Pose
    5. Ozark
    6. The Handmaid’s Tale

Game of Thrones is 100% getting more than 1 directing nod.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope GLOW can get a writing nod this year, I’m sure Jesse Peretz will get another bid, for the finale but I’d love to see “The Good Twin” episode get a writing/directing nod If The Good Place does finally get a writing/directing nod. Which episode(s) do you think will get nominated?

Writing – Pandemonium

Directing – Janet(s)

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones is 100% getting more than 1 directing nod.

And Bodyguard is certainly not going to be nominated before it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.