Home Forums Television Writing & Directing 2019

Writing & Directing 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Riley
Luca Giliberti
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Come ceremony day, I will loose my shit if any of those 2 things happen:

1. GoT winning Best Writing
    2. Richard Madden loosing Best Actor (especially to a nothing performance like Bateman’s or heaven forbid Harington!)

As for Best Writing, I am rooting for Jed Mercurio. If anyone is interested in the Bodyguard scripts btw, the BBC published them all here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/bodyguard

Don’t worry, Kit Harington might not even get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible for Game of Thrones to miss a writing nomination this year? Just wondering your thoughts.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Fleabag for writing, but that probably means one of the three comedy players – Mrs. Maisel, Veep or Barry won’t get a second nomination. Dare I say Daniel Palladino will be snubbed? He was nominated individually by the DGA, not WGA, but he wrote the Catskills episode. Barry got two nominations last year and Veep was nominated twice with two nominees.

Or maybe, we get seven nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Delilah
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible for Game of Thrones to miss a writing nomination this year? Just wondering your thoughts.

I think Bryan Cogman has a good shot with A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. People loved that episode, and it’d be a way to honor the show while snubbing the Benihof and Weiss scripts.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Delilah.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Delilah.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Delilah
    Participant
    Topics:

Only if it’s submitted, which it probably won’t be.

True. That’s be an absolute shame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

So when we will know what episode is Sapochnik submitting?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

So when we will know what episode is Sapochnik submitting?

June 1?

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t worry, Kit Harington might not even get nominated.

From your mouth to god’s ears. Not only was it painful watching him this season but a Harington nom means that someone like Billy Porter misses which would be an absloute jok.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

No, June 10 is when ballots are posted because that is when voting begins.

Even if it is winning series again, it can be snubbed in writing. Modern Family won three times without a writing nomination because that branch has better taste. Even branch favourites like Mad Men and 30 Rock fell out toward the end.

Or maybe, we get seven nominees.

It would be the first tie in comedy writing in nineteen years.

Thanks! Not familiar with Emmy rules…kind of a crap rule tbh but hey if it avoids vote splitting…

Sapochnik should be nominated twice if not for the ridiculous rule that only one episode can be submitted for Directing.

Episode submissions are quite inside-baseball and kind of a relic of the tape system. Almost every category has them. If you think that Miguel Sapochnik should be nominated twice for “The Long Night” and “The Bells”, then why should someone like Maisie Williams not be eligible to be nominated for each of her performances in those separate episodes? Sapochnik and Williams are really being nominated for their contributions to this season of Game of Thrones. One just happens to submit an episode before nominations and the other submits after (and actors submitted episodes ahead of nominations before ten years ago).

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

“then why should someone like Maisie Williams not be eligible to be nominated for each of her performances in those separate episodes”

A concept:

Sophie Turner, Winterfell

Sophie Turner, Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

Sophie Turner, The Long Night

Sophie Turner, The Last of the Starks

Sophie Turner, The Iron Throne

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

“then why should someone like Maisie Williams not be eligible to be nominated for each of her performances in those separate episodes”

A concept:

Sophie Turner, Winterfell

Sophie Turner, Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

Sophie Turner, The Long Night

Sophie Turner, The Last of the Starks

Sophie Turner, The Iron Throne

Vomit

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

I managed to contact Miguel Sapochnik’s manager and he confirmed he will be submitting The Long Night for Directing (GOT).

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I managed to contact Miguel Sapochnik’s manager and he confirmed he will be submitting The Long Night for Directing (GOT).

Oh wow, thanks for letting us know. I wish he had submitted The Bells, but I can’t argue with this choice either. Both were visual masterpieces.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

What’s up with all these people popping up out of nowhere having contacts in the industry. Anyways, that’s great. Wise choice imo. I have a feeling they might go for “The Long Night” in writing as well since the finale won’t do them any favors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Hahaha, I work as a Cinematographer and Film Cirtic, so I have some contacts.

I still like The Bells more, but I guess the hate on the episode will hurt it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.