Home Forums Television Writing & Directing 2019

Writing & Directing 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 266 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s up with all these people popping up out of nowhere having contacts in the industry.

Lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

I still have the feeling that Weiss and Benioff will get the second nomination for The Finale. IDK why.

Say what you want about the writing and story, but the directing of the season was amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Any chance The Big Bang Theory can Win Directing

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I managed to contact Miguel Sapochnik’s manager and he confirmed he will be submitting The Long Night for Directing (GOT).

He is easily winning again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I managed to contact Miguel Sapochnik’s manager and he confirmed he will be submitting The Long Night for Directing (GOT).

Thank God. right choice! He’s easily winning with this one.

What’s up with all these people popping up out of nowhere having contacts in the industry. Anyways, that’s great. Wise choice imo. I have a feeling they might go for “The Long Night” in writing as well since the finale won’t do them any favors.

“The Long Night” in Writing? Where… where was it? Also, there was hardly any dialogue… what even? lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe the best GOT episode in terms of dialog was A Knight of a Seven Kingdoms. I thaught the writing there was fantastic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe the best GOT episode in terms of dialog was A Knight of a Seven Kingdoms. I thaught the writing there was fantastic.

Exactly. This is what should be submitted. It might win tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

While I totally get what people are saying with a lack of dialogue being a reason why an episode should not be submitted for writing, but writing doesn’t only mean dialogue. Writing means story progression, character work, structure, and more on – the number of words spoken really doesn’t matter. Unfortunately, The Long Night is neither a good dialogue nor a good story episode, with the Night King storyline ending abruptly and plot armor taking away from the suspense. Unless they submit the second episode, the show doesn’t deserve to win writing IMO. Cogman’s script was quite brilliant in every way possible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Thing is D&D have too big of an ego to let another writer get nominated or/and win instead of them. I could see them not submitting it at all.

Which is a shame cause none of their episodes will be nominated so might as well throw Cogman a bone. It’s the best written episode of the season. It’s warm, it’s cozy/ intimate, a little drama here and there and all characters are still somewhat in character. It’s the best reviewed episode as well. They’d be stupid not to submit this one because none of the other episodes this season stand a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

The best example of a brilliant script not relying on dialogue is Buffy’s Hush.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

But the thing is, it’s the most likely Series to be nominated here so might as well leave some space for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We have seen shows go from writing wins to snubs (Sherlock, Homeland) and we have seen shows that have previously won writing win series after they are dropped from writing (Modern Family, 24), so I could see Game of Thrones miss here. I reckon that this season of Game of Thrones would also be one of the worst-reviewed seasons of television ever to be nominated for its writing, so a nomination would be kind of unprecedented in that sense. That The Good Wife was able to come back for its divisive finale after years of snubs bodes well for Game of Thrones maintaining its nomination here though. Glad to have predicted what Miguel Sapochnik submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.