Home Forums Television Writing & Directing 2019

Writing & Directing 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 266 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Rachel
Luca Giliberti
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Sapochnik to win Directing and Succession to win Writing. We all know they picked the wrong episode to submit for writing (the second episode would’ve been better), but GoT is still getting in. You’re in denial if you think it’s not. I could see Ava winning for directing as a consolation prize for losing series.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – All Alone

You have TMMM winning writing and directing +  managing to get 2 episodes in for both categories, yet you don’t have it winning comedy series? Maybe you haven’t updated your predictions or your ranking is based on likeliness to get nominated and not to win but it seems odd.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  EsOS.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  EsOS.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

If Chernobyl wins limited series, they will want to award WTSU in something. Ava seems like the perfect choice.

They don’t have that mentality.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

You have TMMM winning writing and directing + managing to get 2 episodes in for both categories, yet you don’t have it winning comedy series? Maybe you haven’t updated your predictions or your ranking is based on likeliness to get nominated and not to win but it seems odd.

I don’t really make my nomination predictions based on who could win since some of the ones I’m predicting could miss out on being nominated. But if I had to I would predict Veep winning Series and Lead Actress and nothing else, so it would still look like these I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl is a lock for directing no matter what else happens, Duvernay has a much better chance in writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am rooting for Schitt’s Creek’s directing submission of the season finale of “Life Is A Cabaret”

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

People who are predicting a GoT snub in writing when nominations are announced

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

People who are predicting a GoT snub in writing when nominations are announced

I wouldn’t be shocked if the show gets nominated but I wanna keep believing in writers until the noms are announced.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, so GoT only submitting the finale for their Emmy Writing submission is a disgrace. They are definitely losing writing. Why they didn’t submit episode 2 or 3 is beyond me. Just that one submission. Poor Bryan Cogman.

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lost and The Good Wife were nominated in Writing for their divisive series finale. But they did not win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Also surprised Barry only submitted one writing submission when last year they were nominated for 2 episodes. They must really be putting all of their eggs in the ronny/lily episode basket.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Lost and The Good Wife were nominated in Writing for their divisive series finale. But they did not win.

The fact that D&D didn’t even submit THEIR best episode of the season just proves how out of touch they are with audience perception.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, so GoT only submitting the finale for their Emmy Writing submission is a disgrace. They are definitely losing writing. Why they didn’t submit episode 2 or 3 is beyond me. Just that one submission. Poor Bryan Cogman.

Some bored dude on Twitter measured the words-per-minute ratio of each episode in GoT and the Long Night had the lowest ratio, like by far. It’s hardly surprising, but I think theoretically it would have been harder for them to win for this one than on the finale.
    Also, Academy loves acknowledging series finales. And in my personal point of view, its a very good script and a great submission.

I’m not saying they are winning (they are probably not actually) but I’d say it’s the best option they could have sent, considering the entire backlash of the season is targeted specifically on them and no other option would have fared better. At least this has the series-finale-facotr

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Some bored dude on Twitter measured the words-per-minute ratio of each episode in GoT and the Long Night had the lowest ratio, like by far. It’s hardly surprising, but I think theoretically it would have been harder for them to win for this one than on the finale. Also, Academy loves acknowledging series finales. And in my personal point of view, its a very good script and a great submission. I’m not saying they are winning (they are probably not actually) but I’d say it’s the best option they could have sent, considering the entire backlash of the season is targeted specifically on them and no other option would have fared better. At least this has the series-finale-facotr

I get it. This point makes a lot of sense. The Emmys do tend to lean towards finales. It seems like a lot of articles are also complaining about this entry though. If they were to win, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms was their best bet for the show as a whole. And a bit off topic, I also don’t understand why Fabian Wagner submitted The Long Night over The Bells for Cinematography. I guess he and Miguel Sapochnik are aiming for a one-two punch? IDK anymore…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.