Home Forums Theater 2019 Tony Awards: Reactions

2019 Tony Awards: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
Djoko
Singsongoflov..
  • Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s really up in the air this year. The three actresses with the best chance to win all have pros and cons so it’s really hard to pick. I’m waiting for the Times poll. Having said that, if there is a winner from The Prom it will 100% be Beth Leavel (Kinnunen’s nom is her win).

Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

Which is kind of similar to last year where each of the four men nominated for Lead Actor in a Musical had their pros and cons.

Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Which is kind of similar to last year where each of the four men nominated for Lead Actor in a Musical had their pros and cons.

Ultimately, the love for The Band’s Visit propelled Tony Shalhoub to the win which, like you said before, could propel Eva Noblezada to the win. I’m leaning toward Block or Leavel, but I can’t make a decision until the Times poll because it is so up in the air.

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

Ultimately, the love for The Band’s Visit propelled Tony Shalhoub to the win which, like you said before, could propel Eva Noblezada to the win. I’m leaning toward Block or Leavel, but I can’t make a decision until the Times poll because it is so up in the air.

She’s been missing a lot of performances so that’s not exactly helping.

Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

^Who? Stephanie, Beth, or Eva?

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sticking with Block winning unless the Times Poll clearly goes in the direction of one of the other nominees. A little more than 2 weeks to go! (:

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sticking with Block winning unless the Times Poll clearly goes in the direction of one of the other nominees. A little more than 2 weeks to go! (:

Unfortunately she’s winning. Ugh.

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

^Who? Stephanie, Beth, or Eva?

Eva seems to be calling out on Fridays.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry but I just find it appalling at what happened to Amber Gray this year.

Everyone was predicting her up until like a month ago. And than Michael Musto planted the flag for Ali Stroker and had her predicted and it now seems everyone has followed his path.

Just awful. Gray absolutely deserved to win. The production of Oklahoma! was just…odd. Gray was magic.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Andrea.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Andrea.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry but I just find it appalling at what happened to Amber Gray this year. Everyone was predicting her up until like a month ago. And than Michael Musto planted the flag for Ali Stroker and had her predicted and it now seems everyone has followed his path. Just awful. Gray absolutely deserved to win. The production of Oklahoma! was just…odd. Gray was magic.

Ben Brantley did too. However Time Out New York released their predictions and said they think Amber will win.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I like that there is some suspense in a few major categories this year (: Gray vs Stroker? All My Sons vs The Waverly Gallery? de Shields vs Page? Carvel vs Walker? Block vs Leavel vs Noblezada? I like having to wait until the envelope is opened! (:

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

Featured Actor in a musical could literally go to anyone in the category.

Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

People’s predictions do not matter. It’s all about the Times poll. No one cares what Michael Musto predicts or anyone else for that matter. Wait till next Friday (or Thursday night) and we’ll get the real info on how the Tonys will go.

Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

In Michael Riedel’s latest column, he talks about how he thinks several Tony races are shaping up.
    https://nypost.com/2019/05/30/tony-awards-favorites-aint-too-proud-could-pull-off-upset-win/

By the way, he also confirms that Lead Actress in a Play frontrunner, Elaine May, will be attending the Tonys, which is good to hear since she is usually elusive and reclusive.

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Riedel changes his predictions to everything but the eventual winner.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘2019 Tony Awards: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.