Home Forums Theater 2019 Tony Awards Predictions Center Now Active

2019 Tony Awards Predictions Center Now Active

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 316 through 321 (of 321 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
prognosticator
Anton Spivack
  • Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Stephanie will win actress with Beth Leavel the upset. I am not sold on DeShields winning. The featured categories both have someone who’s a sole nominee from their show. I do think Amber Gray has an excellent chance. Mary Testa is a beloved veteran and will undoubtedly have supporters. Featured Actor is interesting because Andy could win for Tootsie under the same circumstances. The split is very real.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

The Tonys rarely have splits. They vote for whomever they like the most even if there is someone else from the same show in the category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anton Spivack
    Participant
    Topics:

The New York Times critics made their picks: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/theater/tony-awards-critics-picks.html
    Do you agree? I’m not sure about including Off-Broadway shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why on Earth they’re allowed to include Off-Broadway shows when they’re not even eligible for Tony consideration. It makes absolutely no sense!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anton Spivack
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s the Drama Desks for Broadway and Off-Broadway.  They both agreed with my picks for acting in the musical categories: Fontana, Block, De Shields and Stroker.

ReplyCopy URL
    Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s the Drama Desks for Broadway and Off-Broadway. They both agreed with my picks for acting in the musical categories: Fontana, Block, De Shields and Stroker.

The Drama Desks don’t  include Hadestown in a bunch of categories so in my opinion it’s not really a good indicator of where the Tonys will go. Hadestown was only eligible in director, featured actor, and design elements and book and score. (It got seven noms.)

These guys are no more accurate than the average GoldDerby predictor for what it’s worth. Brantley said An American in Paris would win best musical in 2015. He’s also made other similar, wrong predictions. Green is new so I have nothing to compare him to.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 316 through 321 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.