Home Forums Theater 2020/2021 Tony Awards Ceremony Reactions

2020/2021 Tony Awards Ceremony Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Atypical
adamunc
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Place your reactions to the 2020/2021 Tony Awards ceremony in this thread. The best ones might be featured in an article on our home page.

Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

Anyone else feel Jagged Little Pill is going to be in an awkward position tonight no matter how many awards it wins? It’s gone through so much controversy in the last week with the discussion of the non-binary erasure from the character of Jo (who is being played by a cisgender woman, Lauren Patten), and former cast member Nora Schell’s revelation that the stage management and creative team didn’t take their medical issues seriously to the point where they nearly died. I know Tony voters had to send in their ballots nearly six months ago and the controversies can’t change anything now, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens for any awards it does win, and whether the winners will address these controversies onstage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Am I understanding correctly that those of us who don’t have Paramount plus aren’t going to get to see the awards? The CBS show is some sort of concert welcoming the shows back? Will that be interspersed with the winners from the earlier non-CBS portion? Will there be a livestream available online for those of us who don’t have Paramount plus?

I really want to see the awards live but it looks like I am out of luck ):

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

Yes. The first half of the show from 7 to 9 PM EST is airing exclusively on Paramount+, who will be livestreaming it. Then second half, the concert portion, from 9 to 11 PM EST, will air on both CBS and Paramount+.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Yes. The first half of the show from 7 to 9 PM EST is airing exclusively on Paramount+, who will be livestreaming it. Then second half, the concert portion, from 9 to 11 PM EST, will air on both CBS and Paramount+.

Thanks! Is there a place to find it for livestreaming online???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

No livestreams, slugfests, or any guidance whatsoever this year. Yikes. RIP predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MBM
    Topics:

Anyone have a run down on the order of the awards being presented from 7-9pm?

The lack of Tony Awards coverage on GoldDerby in comparison to other awards is frustrating.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

No livestreams, slugfests, or any guidance whatsoever this year. Yikes. RIP predictions.

I had put my predictions in super early and discovered when I looked at them this morning that even though I was one of the very first to put my predictions in way back when in 2020 I only had two that weren’t in first place in the predictions and both were in second place! So I am just letting them ride, see how it goes!

I hate that for the first year ever since I have been watching The Tony Awards I won’t get to see the show live! Grrrr!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I don’t get it, will CBS broadcast the actual award show announcing the winners?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

The CBS portion will only present the categories of Best Play, Best Musical, and Best Revival Of A Play. The other categories will be presented on Paramount+.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The CBS portion will only present the categories of Best Play, Best Musical, and Best Revival Of A Play. The other categories will be presented on Paramount+.

Am I correct in believing that if you don’t have Paramount+ you can’t find any way of seeing the awards live? Yes or no? If no, then where can we watch it? I really hate this decision!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Am I correct in believing that if you don’t have Paramount+ you can’t find any way of seeing the awards live? Yes or no? If no, then where can we watch it? I really hate this decision!

You’re missing soooooo much. They just announced costume design, scenic design, and lighting design… none of the winners showed up. You’re going to kick yourself at the end of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I was concerned about my 500 point bet and logged in and lo and behold it paid off. Thanks Danny Burstein!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    adamunc
    Topics:

The performances so far have been worth the minor hassle of signing up for the free week of Paramount.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.