Home Forums Theater 2021-2022 Broadway Productions

2021-2022 Broadway Productions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 455 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
Anton_Spivack
Awardsfan1990
  • Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

The link you provided doesn’t work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

The link still doesn’t work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

OK. How about we try a different website?

Mrs. Doubtfire

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    adamunc
    Topics:

Hm, I enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire much more than the critics seem to have done. The first act was decidedly better than the second, but the whole thing went down smoothly and it had the emotional stakes I found missing from the writers’ previous effort, Something Rotten!

McClure added another to a string of strong performances; he will be a worthy Tony competitor for Hugh Jackman.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

When Mrs. Doubtfire opened at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre fans were flocking…to see the makeshift shrine to the theater’s recently-departed namesake. Inevitably reviews brought up a term Sondheim himself used, the “Why” musical: “a perfectly respectable show, based on a perfectly respectable source, that has no reason for being.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

I saw both Company and Flying Over Sunset last week. Company was amazing, but FOS was a snoozefest. Revival is going to be nail-biter between Company and The Music Man. Company was just so good. It’s an embarrassment of riches with Caroline, Or Change in there too. I’m excited about next year’s Tonys after they made a mockery of the awards this year. I don’t see anything challenging Six for Musical. It’s too bad these shows will have to follow the losers… I mean “winners” from this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

I saw both Company and Flying Over Sunset last week. Company was amazing, but FOS was a snoozefest. Revival is going to be nail-biter between Company and The Music Man. Company was just so good. It’s an embarrassment of riches with Caroline, Or Change in there too. I’m excited about next year’s Tonys after they made a mockery of the awards this year. I don’t see anything challenging Six for Musical. It’s too bad these shows will have to follow the losers… I mean “winners” from this year.

Would you say Patti LuPone is a lock to win her third Tony? I’m wondering if the pre-Tony buzz for her is still as strong as it was prior to the pandemic shutdown.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

And then there’s Funny Girl, assuming Beanie delivers the goods. I’m just glad we will have Best Revival of a Musical this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    adamunc
    Topics:

Patti is Patti, but I was most impressed with Matt Doyle. He will be a major contender in Featured Actor for his Jamie. The night I saw it, “Getting Married Today” got an even more rapturous ovation than “The Ladies Who Lunch.”

I am curious how the critics and nominators receive Katrina Lenk. I thought she nailed some of the dry comedy and her “Being Alive” delivered the cathartic goods, but she still didn’t completely overcome the fact that Bobby(ie) is a cipher. It’s an incredibly difficult role for an actor.

Revival should be a strong bunch this year if The Music Man doesn’t bust, regardless of how Funny Girl goes. Caroline, or Change was gripping and would be a sneaky entry if it weren’t for the fact it will be long gone by the time of the awards. I still can’t get the final tableau/lighting effect out of my head.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

I’m excited about next year’s Tonys after they made a mockery of the awards this year. I don’t see anything challenging Six for Musical. It’s too bad these shows will have to follow the losers… I mean “winners” from this year.

That’s pretty much how a lot of people felt after Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book both did as well as they did at the 2018 Oscars. By the time the next Academy Awards happened, they were all excited that those two films were no longer the reigning champions in their respective categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Would you say Patti LuPone is a lock to win her third Tony? I’m wondering if the pre-Tony buzz for her is still as strong as it was prior to the pandemic shutdown.

Patti was great, especially singing “Ladies Who Lunch,” but she’ll have stiff competition from her co-star Jennifer Simard who got major applause for her hilarious turn. Maybe even louder than Patti at my performance. Also, the Six ladies are great too. Definitely a lot to choose from this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

It should be interesting to see if any of the ladies from Six can manage to get nominations. The Oliviers may have nominated the entire original cast of the West End production together, but unlike Billy Elliot, they’re not playing the same character and alternating performances. They’re six different characters with different songs. The Tonys can no longer nominate multiple people for one acting award. So there is a possibility of the entire cast of Six canceling each other out for nominations (unless there ends up being at least one clear standout).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

Now that 5 to 11-year-old kids can get the COVID vaccine, they will now be required to show proof of vaccination to attend a Broadway show beginning on December 14. https://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-will-now-require-covid-vaccines-for-audiences-aged-5-and-older

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 455 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.