Home Forums Theater 2021-2022 Broadway Productions

2021-2022 Broadway Productions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
Anton_Spivack
Awardsfan1990
  • Profile picture
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

I’d like to see that. I’m surprised it was the only Best Musical nominee shown at the 1972 Tonys. Why they didn’t air Follies, Grease or Two Gentlemen of Verona is baffling. Also the 1971 Tonys didn’t show the new musicals and the 1973 Tonys only presented Pippin. A disservice to the Sondheim Hat Trick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Why is that? You’re starting to become a Wikipedia page where you’re not giving as much information as you probably should.

@Awardsfan1990, you still haven’t answered my question. I get that this is likely a result of the whole “I don’t have time” argument, but here’s my response to that: If you stop posting as many news stories in these forums as you possibly can and repeating yourself on certain topics every chance you get, then that should hopefully give you more time to start focusing on posting different kinds of stuff in these forums that you would normally not be able to do as much of. Like your own personal thoughts on things you haven’t done as much chiming in on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

If you must know about Patti LuPone, I was looking forward to seeing her perform and/or win because a friend of mine (who’s not on Gold Derby) traveled to New York City to see Company while it was still in previews, and he said it was amazing, with Patti being the standout. I asked him if the Tony hype for her performance was real, and he said it absolutely was. Plus, I’m already a big fan of Patti, so that made me even more hyped.

And while it may sound cliche, it’s true I don’t always have time to respond to every past remarks. I’m especially busy right now, as I still work full time 5 days a week, and then I have my household responsibilities on top of keeping up with current news, and I’m also trying to watch the contenders I haven’t yet seen nominated at both the Oscars and Gold Derby Awards. So yes, I am stretched a little thin right now, but it’s nothing I can’t handle as I’ve juggled more on my plate than this in the past.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

I understand. What sort of work do you do? I just started a new full-time job myself. I too want to see her perform live (I’ll make sure not to record her). I grew up listening to the 1987 Anything Goes cast recording, though I didn’t know it was her until years later.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

I was lucky enough to have seen Patti perform with the North Carolina symphony orchestra back in 2014. She was such a force of nature onstage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

I understand. What sort of work do you do? I just started a new full-time job myself. I too want to see her perform live (I’ll make sure not to record her). I grew up listening to the 1987 Anything Goes cast recording, though I didn’t know it was her until years later.

I’m a customer service rep at a call center, although I’ve been working from home since the pandemic. Our center partners with Verizon, so I answer Verizon customers’ calls about their bills, problems with their phones, etc. I’ve been fortunate that the pandemic hasn’t cost me my job, as we were able to transition to working from home relatively easily, although not without a few hiccups at first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

Glad you’re working at home. I had a part time job before the pandemic assisting with an arts program at an adult day center, since then it’s been a mixture of online tutoring (it’s not as conducive an environment as a classroom) and telemarketing. This week I started a new job as a delivery associate, however there’s a problem as the app I’m supposed to use to map my routes and scan packages isn’t working on my phone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

I’m glad to hear. The sooner they open the better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

The new Broadway musical, Diana, will resume performances on December 1st, just two months after the proshot taping debuts on Netflix.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/theater/diana-musical-broadway-netflix.html

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anton Spivack
    Topics:

I’d see it on Netflix, however I’m not sure if that will make people want to pay to see the Broadway version. Watching Hamilton online made me want to hold off on paying $200 a ticket.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Armie Hammer has officially exited from the Broadway production of Tracy Letts’ The Minutes for ‘personal reasons’.
    https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Armie-Hammer-Exits-THE-MINUTES-on-Broadway-for-Personal-Reasons-20210402

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

“Personal reasons” my ass!! We all knew this was inevitable!! Bye bye Armie!! Nobody will miss you as you rot in career (and maybe literal) hell!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.