Home Forums Theater 2022 Tony Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2022 Tony Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 124 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
adamunc
rantinanton
  • Profile picture
    rantinanton
    Topics:

I think the Tonys should take a tip from the Lucille Lortel Awards and instead of best actor or actress, they should have Best Lead Performance, Featured Performance and Best Ensemble in a play/musical. Also, they should have design categories for the projections.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

As we’re now about two days away from the announcement of this year’s Tony Award nominations, I thought now would be a good time to share what my predictions are. On this page, I’ll be listing my predicted nominees for each of the musical categories as well as what/who I think could sneak in.

2022 Tony Nomination Predictions (Musicals)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rantinanton
    Topics:

I saw The Little Prince last night and it’s really not a musical, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it got no nominations. The score wasn’t memorable, though I did like the song at the end. Perhaps it would have worked better as a concept album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

As we’re now about one day away from the announcement of this year’s Tony Award nominations, I thought now would be a good time to share what my predictions are. On this page, I’ll be listing my predicted nominees for each of the play categories as well as what/who I think could sneak in.

2022 Tony Nomination Predictions (Plays)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

Hot Take: Jesse Williams is a crap actor and people only like him because of his activism.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Hot Take: Jesse Williams is a crap actor and people only like him because of his activism.

Yet he got a tony nod.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

So mad Katrina got snubbed, and SJP though I think the BAinaPlay category is amazing this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

I guess this is going to be the reactions thread too. A Strange Loop leads with 11, followed by MJ and Paradise Square with 10. SIX “only” managed 8, but I think so many original musicals leading with more nominations weakens its status.

Among musical revivals, I can’t believe Funny Girl only mustered that 1 nomination for Jared Grimes and am shocked that Katrina Lenk wasn’t nominated, but still think that Company is fairly safe to win the main category.

And among plays, The Lehman Trilogy appears far and away in the lead in its categories, with for colored girls leading among revivals, and most other plays received scattered nominations, although good for POTUS for making a late showing with 3 nominations!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

Yet he got a tony nod.

What did I just say?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

They hate Bobby/Bobbie lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

What did I just say?

O yes, they nominated him for his off stage work lol. Rashad was nominated, does that mean they support Cosby?

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

O yes, they nominated him for his off stage work lol. Rashad was nominated, does that mean they support Cosby?

Did I say every nominee had to do something for the voters to take notice?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Several controversial figures such as Garth Drabinsky, Michael Jackson, William Ivey Long, David Mamet, and Phylicia Rashad are represented in this year’s nominations. I guess this is pretty much the nominators saying “Don’t tell me what to do! I quite liked their work this past season, and I’m not letting some bullsh*t controversies surrounding them tell me otherwise!”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Sad for the Katrina Lenk snub for Company. I thought she was great, but I do agree that it’s probably more bc of the role that she wasn’t nominated.

I never understood why Claybourne Elder was in Goldderby’s Top 5. He most certainly would not have been my 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice for featured actor from Company. Hope Matt Doyle wins now!

Meanwhile, so happy for Jennifer Simard’s nomination!!! I had never heard of her before I saw the show and left it being blown away by her comedic performance. Of course Patti was amazing and will go on to win.

Happy for Six’s noms. Too bad one of the actresses couldn’t sneak in, but it would have been impossible to choose who to single out.

The Music Man was boring, so I’m glad it’s noms were limited. Surprised they snubbed Jefferson Mays, but honestly it wasn’t a role where he shined. I would have left out Jayne as well, who was perfectly fine, but it’s a short role.

How did Paradise Square get so many nominations? I was under the impression that it was poorly reviewed. Is that wrong?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.