Home Forums Television 2021 Creative Arts Emmys (Late Sunday Ceremony)

2021 Creative Arts Emmys (Late Sunday Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 316 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Victor
Chris Beachum
Manav
  • Profile picture
    montana82
    Topics:

The Creative Arts and in particular the Guest categories would always produce some of the most exciting and deserved wins every year. This was because informed panels who watched the work would make informed good decisions.

The current state of the guest categories is an absolute embarrassment. They are indefensible. The horrendous wins based on people appearing as merely cameos and gaming the system has made an absolute mockery of the entire process. How can anyone take it seriously?

It is shocking Goldderby does not lead the charge to fight this. Yes in the main categories, populist voting can still lead to deserving winners as the voters are more likely to be aware of the work nominated. It’s still unfair because performers from shows without broad support can’t win. but still leads to good worthy winners. In categories like guest where the voters are more likely to be unaware of the work nominated, it leads to a mockery.

It’s time for Goldderby editors to stop pretending there isnt anything this great website can do to change this mess. There is. This website and it’s editors must put their foot down and use their editorial might to pressure the TV Academy and bring aware to the injustices being done.

5 years of most of the guest acting categories flushed down the drain. And for what? Enough is enough. Bring back blue ribbon panels for GUEST CATEGORIES.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    montana82
    Topics:

I can’t speak to what Twitter was doing back then, but I know that GD scorched the EARTH over Martindale’s nonsense cameo Emmy wins.

But Goldderby the website has to do more.

The editors of this website should be tracking down Performer Peer Governors like Patrika Darbo and Bob Bergen to make them aware of what is going on in these guest categories and how it threatens the integrity of the award. If they feel pressure they will need to address it and make changes.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I can’t speak to what Twitter was doing back then, but I know that GD scorched the EARTH over Martindale’s nonsense cameo Emmy wins.

Us: The Americans deserves all the Emmys in the world

Emmy voters: gotcha, here’s beloved character actress Margo Martindale.

LikeThis

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I love Claire Foy. I also think her win is not as bad as the tragedy that was Cherry Jones and Margo Martindale winning.

But Claire’s win is not deserved. It doesn’t offend me as much because Claire is just so spectacular in this role, even in two minutes of screen time she acts circles around most folks. But you had Sophie Okonedo literally doing multiple personalities and McKenna Grace was great too (although I preferred Bledel, so I had a feeling the vote split was happening).

It’s ironic that Claire’s win is not the worst, 2nd worst, or even 3rd worst win in this category (that is obviously Margo x1, Margo x2, and Cherry Jonesx1), but there is a problem here.

I think they honestly need to put the four guest acting categories back to the tape system. Keep the popular vote for your lead acting and supporting acting categories, but clearly voters have no time (or just don’t care) for these guest performers. And honestly? I don’t even blame the voters! Who even has the time to be up to date with so many performances in so many shows? Not everyone is as obsessed with awards as we are.

And that’s tragic because it is completely undermining the point of these categories. They were created to put the spotlight on performers who won’t get recognized normally, and now it’s just name-check galore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Absolutely agree with you, Aayaan. That is the best put take on the situation I’ve seen so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Who even has the time to be up to date with so many performances in so many shows? Not everyone is as obsessed with awards as we are.

That’s actually their job lol.. But I do agree with you

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

That’s actually their job lol.. But I do agree with you

Is it really though? Voters have actual jobs and lives and it’s just impossible to keep up with every single show and nominee. And since the Guest categories are not even awarded live, they just don’t care. I mean, Drama Guest nominees, fom last year, are perfect examples of how they simply do not give a f*ck. You got win worthy guest turns (Lapotaire, Dance, Fagbenle, Dretzin,…) that got snubbed for literal cameos and lazy name checks. It’s obvious they need to bring back the tape system or the panel. It’s just not working. It’s the 4th time, under the new system, we had a cameo winning Drama Guest Actress. Enough pls.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Meanwhile, Mckenna Grace:

https://twitter.com/MckennaGraceful/status/1437486009998999554?s=19

My goodness. 🤩

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

So happy Courtney won Guest Drama Actor!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

So happy Courtney won Guest Drama Actor!

Yep. I feel like we get too caught up in the performances deemed unworthy, that we forget about very worthy people, such as Courtney B Vance, getting their dues.

Emmy FYC!!: Pen15, Mare of Easttown, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

HBO losing all of the Program (or equivalent) categories at the Creative Arts is definitely surprising, especially when it was the favourite to win multiple. Its only real shot seems to be in Variety Talk Series now which I think will go to Conan. If that happens, then this would be the first time since 1991 that HBO would be shut out like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Anyone watched the telecast on FXX today?

The clips this year were so well selected, especially the ones for Music Supervision.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Anyone watched the telecast on FXX today?

The clips this year were so well selected, especially the ones for Music Supervision.

Will they upload videos of the winners on their website?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Will they upload videos of the winners on their website?

They usually do. I DVR’d the show tho, so you can hit me up if you are interested in watching any speech or clip presentation.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Just noticed something, did sole cinematography nominees Grownish and Made for Love partially (only?) get in because their directly above Hacks and Mandalorian on the ballot.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 316 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.