Home Forums Television 2021 Creative Arts Emmys (Saturday Ceremony)

2021 Creative Arts Emmys (Saturday Ceremony)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Chris Beachum
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I hope Casting goes to Mare and some awards go to Hacks ,just for the sake of competition else it will be such an easy and predictable main ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

One thing I will still say: Those three “Pose” wins were richly deserved. The creative team outdid itself with the costumes, makeup and hair designs in the third season. Series-best work being rewarded is always amazing! I wish it had been nominated for production design as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Scorecard:

gabspss: 20/33
    Couverture: 19/33
    braydenfitzsimmons: 18/33
    eastwest and wolfali: 16/33
    TVFanMan: 13/33
    Gabarnes: 11/33

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Scorecard: gabspss: 21/33 Couverture: 19/33 braydenfitzsimmons: 18/33 eastwest and wolfali: 16/33 TVFanMan: 13/33 Gabarnes: 11/33

This is better than last year for me so I’m happy haha. Congrats gabspss and thanks everyone for sharing your predictions! I always like this point of the Emmy season.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

As weird as it may seem for some people, I don’t think it’s that far fetched tbh. The love for TQG is bigger than ATJ, meanwhile a lot of people like Kate’s performance more than MOE as a show itself.

I don’t get this logic tbh.

If people liked Kate Winslet’s performance more than the show, we wouldn’t have had three other acting nominations for the show and a score of 8.5 on IMDB. The Queen’s Gambit has 8.6.

Anyway, I think Mare will win something and it could definitely be Winslet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

We know Thomas Brodie Sangster certainly won’t win,so that leaves a slot open.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Pose‘s wins were in the contemporary categories which are ultimately weaker and so I am not expecting any surprises. It does make me more confident that there has been enough of a groundswell to get Rodriguez and/or Porter over the line though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

As weird as it may seem for some people, I don’t think it’s that far fetched tbh. The love for TQG is bigger than ATJ, meanwhile a lot of people like Kate’s performance more than MOE as a show itself.

that’s not quite right. the majority believes that ATJ is the show actually, and with a different actress the show could probably be even boring. It is her show, or she is the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

If “The Queen’s Gambit” sweeps everything, that’s pure voter laziness. In a stacked field such as this one, a sweep in limited over spread-the-wealth would be disappointing. But Anya IS the face of “TQG”! As bullish as I’ve been about Winslet winning, now I’m clearly less certain. The plot thickens, bitches! And no, casting won’t automatically solve the riddle either. I do know if Michaela Coel loses Writing to shitty sweep mentality, it’ll be an unforgivable sin on voters’ parts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Scorecard:

gabspss: 21/33
    Couverture: 19/33
    braydenfitzsimmons: 18/33
    eastwest and wolfali: 16/33
    TVFanMan: 13/33
    Gabarnes: 11/33

A minor correction: I got 20/33. Thanks for counting.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

We know Thomas Brodie Sangster certainly won’t win,so that leaves a slot open.

Well have fun with that if/when it wins casting. there is no frontrunner after all.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.