Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Awards Ceremony Details

2021 Emmy Awards Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
That Don Guy
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Things don’t even have to be back to normal for them to have a good show. I still don’t understand why the Oscars were not held at the Dolby Theater. They could have made it work, and it would have looked much classier. This year’s Oscars were a miscalculation of epic proportions. I hope the Emmys will be much better.

I am in Sydney with a lockdown and the whole thing hurts my head as to what’s normal in the US in any case. I hated the Oscars this year, but I was pretty OK with the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

14 more presenters announced:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/emmys-2021-new-slate-presenters/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Wow, Ellen Pompeo! I feel like we rarely see her at awards shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the amount of presenters announced I have a feeling things will be “back to normal” in ceremony format. Hopefully we see clips for every category (and by every, I mean every – writing too pls!)

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Ellen Pompeo! That’s a wonderful surprise

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Ellen Pompeo giving out Lead Actress in a Drama series would be pretty inspired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if Dolly Parton will hand out one of the series categories.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I’m ready to see some set designs, Emmys! Chop, chop!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Ellen Pompeo giving out Lead Actress in a Drama series would be pretty inspired.

I would love that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

R&B artist Leon Bridges and Academy Award-winning recording artist Jon Batiste (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert) will perform a special “in memoriam” song by Bridges. Also, bandleader Reggie Watts (The Late Late Show with James Corden) will serve as DJ for the evening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

The ratings will be down this year, isn’t it?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I would love this SO MUCH.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Brutally honest ballot: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/brutally-honest-ballot-emmys-2021-1235013811/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I never watched this season of Pose because Ryan’s shows are so incredibly self-indulgent.

I can understand arguing about that with some of Murphy’s other shows but how can someone watch an episode of Pose and think it’s “incredibly self-indulgent” lmao.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Emmys: Michael K. Williams’s Nephew Will Accept If “Lovecraft Country” Star Wins (Exclusive)
    Dominic Dupont was the subject of a “Vice” documentary for which Williams received one of his four prior Emmy nominations.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/emmys-michael-k-williams-1235015337/

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.