Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 610 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Chris Beachum
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Never liked contenders submitting the same episode. There’s always the possibility of highlighting your internal competition, warranted or unwarranted. Smart isn’t competitive to win for “MOE,” so I guess it doesn’t matter too much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I doubt Smart’s people were conscious enough to be aiming to give Nicholson the upperhand. It’s just the typical laziness we see every year from some with regards to submissions. Here, I would guess they remembered Smart’s big scene in the finale and were like yeah let’s go with that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I know there’s a lot of people who believe tapes still matter, but I think these limited supporting categories we can all agree tapes don’t matter here AT ALL.

Literally every nominee in both s. actress and actor is from a show also nominated in the lead categories (which is smth that has been happening basically every year), and leads submit the whole thing so…

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

I’m not here to defend anyone but boredandricho isn’t really in the minority when they said the engagement scene wasn’t good. I loved Emma’s performance but if you guys read the comments of the scene, on YouTube, the big majority is actually complainig about Emma’s performance. Like I said, I loved her but boredandricho opinion on that scene isn’t really that unpopular.

I thought the scene was great. I don’t think anything was unintentional here, either on Corrin’s part or Caron’s. It came across exactly as it was intended to. It’s clear from how Caron shoots it that it’s not a simple recreation of that event. He dials up the awkwardness and the absurdity. The camerawork also occassionally feels a misfit with the show’s usual standards. This interview was the world’s first proper introduction to Diana and presenting her as this doe eyed, simple girl here through all the side glances and smirks (which is how the royal family and other people viewed her) works when they plan on subtly deconstructing and challenging that notion throughout the season. And the decision to present the interview as something that we are experiencing through our television screens with an overt focus on Diana corroborates this point imo.

They’ve largely refrained from recreating popular televised moments, whether it be Elizabeth’s Jubilee celebration last season or any part of Charles & Diana’s wedding so I dont know why this would be an exception if there wasn’t something deeper at play here. It also doesn’t make sense that Corrin would ‘botch’ a single crucial moment like this but nail the rest. Regardless, I am hoping to see it walk away with those richly deserved directing and actress trophies come September.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I like Hahn’s submission, I remember when I saw her reading of “I did bite a kid once” I actively decided I was onboard for her to get a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I like Hahn’s submission, I remember when I saw her reading of “I did bite a kid once” I actively decided I was onboard for her to get a nomination.

Her comic bits are the best, she better win.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really hope Nicholson wins. Not only because she gives the best performance in this category but this win would be more meaningful for her and her career than anyone else in this category. Hahn and Smart will have other chances.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hahn will have other chances.

Will she tho? She’s been working her ass off for i don’t know how long now and the TV Academy barely cares about her at the point where she only had one prior nomination to Wandavision.

Jean Smart is winning Lead Actress on the comedy side so she’s okay.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Will she tho? She’s been working her ass off for i don’t know how long now and the TV Academy barely cares about her at the point where she only had one prior nomination to Wandavision. Jean Smart is winning Lead Actress on the comedy side so she’s okay.

She’s in a limited series next year with Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd. 

Don’t get me wrong I think Kathryn Hahn should already have an Emmy or two by now (especially for Parks and Rec). But she’s gotten so many offers since WandaVision has finished and has kept herself prominently in both the public and industry eye. She will have more opportunities to win because the offers won’t be slowing down any time soon. Perhaps I’m just being pessimistic but I’m unsure whether Nicholson will have chances as strong as she does this year.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

She’s been working her ass off for i don’t know how long now and the TV Academy barely cares about her at the point where she only had one prior nomination to Wandavision.

Off topic but that Transparent season 3 nom was so inspired. I assumed that the Academy would just nominate Gaby Hoffmann again but they really proved they were watching the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

I rather win 2 Emmys than 1 myself and the other to a friend…but that’s just me!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I rather win 2 Emmys than 1 myself and the other to a friend…but that’s just me!

I’m sure Jean is fine.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 610 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.