Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 611 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Dominique Dev..
wolfali
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

That was her best tape this season.

And IMO not even close of being a nomination worthy submission.

She really messed up her submissions in 2016 and especially in 2018 when she a had a very obvious episode to submit with “Mother Nature”.

I think last year she didn’t submit her best, but I can’t remember anything much better, so it didn’t matter at the end of the day.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

My bet is that Colman picks “War”. She should submit “Favourites” although her best performance was in “Fagan”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My bet is that Colman picks “War”.

That makes sense due to the scene with Charles at the end.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

That makes sense due to the scene with Charles at the end.

Exactly. My goodness how I hated that scene for her though. Especially the bit where she says “stop making spectacles of yourselves” and sounds exactly like Olivia Colman and nothing like the Queen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Olivia should go with Fagan, she’s undeniable there.
    Emma is going with Fairytale, easiest choice ever, but i think she was better on Terra Nullius, which I think will be Josh’s submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Josh O’Connor’s submission should be “Terra Nullius” but I think he’ll go with “War” for the argument scene with Diana.

I’m very interested to see which one Gillian Anderson goes with. She should go for “48:1” or “The Balmoral Test” but my guess is she’ll go with “Favourites” due to the mother-daughter arc.

Tobias Menzies too. Not that he has much choice but it will be interesting to see if he picks “Gold Stick” or “War”.

When they all pick “War” like most of the Succession cast chose “This is Not For Tears” last year 💀💀💀.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

This is how I would submit The Crown, seeing as we’re discussing.

Series: “The Balmoral Test”, “Fairytale”, “Fagan”, Terra Nullius”, “48:1”, “War”

O’Connor: “Avalanche”

Colman: “Favourites”

Corrin: “Fairytale”

Menzies: “War”

Anderson: “48:1”

Bonham Carter: “The Hereditary Principle”

Fennell: “War”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Hopefully THT doesn’t use the same submission strategy for series like last year. That was an epic disaster. 💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fennell: “War”

This is an interesting choice. Would you mind if I ask why you think it’s a stronger tape than say “Fairytale”?

Hopefully THT doesn’t use the same submission strategy for series like last year. That was an epic disaster.

It lowkey felt like they were trolling the academy 💀💀💀.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

This is an interesting choice. Would you mind if I ask why you think it’s a stronger tape than say “Fairytale”?

Because there’s no episode where she’s actually in a lot of it and “War” has this scene which was pretty much the only time she did anything deserving of a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Because there’s no episode where she’s actually in a lot of it and “War” has this scene which was pretty much the only time she did anything deserving of a nomination.

We’ll agree to disagree :). I thought she was quite riveting in her scene in “Fairytale” with Emma Corrin.

I let out a light chuckle watching that “War” clip again when Camilla says “she will always defeat me in the court of public opinion” lmao.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

It’s funny because I was going back through “The Crown” thread so I could fully remember my thoughts that I posted and no one ever really mentions Fennell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

They might as well say “Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman” when they read aloud the nominees. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Fennell totally coattail her nod because of Promising Young Woman
    Sad cause Erin Doherty should’ve too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They might as well say “Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman” when they read aloud the nominees. 🙂

I see what you did there 😉

With regards to Fennell I stand by my view that she thoroughly deserves her nomination! But it’s a performance that should really be competing in guest and not supporting actress.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 611 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.