Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 611 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Dominique Dev..
wolfali
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sad cause Erin Doherty should’ve too.

THIS. She was excellent in “Favourites” and would have been an incredibly deserving nominee for that scene (at a picnic?) with Colman.

Oh well. I hope her Amazon show brings her more attention. Her characterisation on The Crown is flawless.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Finally someone who agrees that Emerald should submit “War”. That scene with Josh was quite beautiful and her best one on the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Kaley Cuoco – “After Dark”, but that might hurt her, because it’s very heavy on the drama, still it’s my favourite so idc
    Jean Smart – “1.69 Million”, but really, she was astonishing on every single one
    Hannah Einbinder – “Falling”

Hannah Waddingham – “Make Rebecca Great Again”
    Jason Sudeikis – “Make Rebecca Great Again”
    Juno Temple – “Make Rebecca Great Again”

Yeah, this episode is a showcase for all 3, don’t care about the boys.

Michael Douglas – “The Fundamental Things Apply”

Lol I don’t care about anyone else really.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

When Regé-Jean Page submits “The Duke and I” (episode 5).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like “For the Children” is more of a showcase for Temple than “Make Rebecca Great Again” was (although she was also great in that episode).

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Really? I think she should submit either “For the Children” or “The Diamond Dogs”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Really? I think she should submit either “For the Children” or “The Diamond Dogs”.

Yeah but it’s more like a coattail thing, Make Rebecca Great Again is THE episode of Ted Lasso, and arguably it’s the showcase for both Sudeikis and Waddingham, and i feel like she doesn’t have an episode like that this season (hopefully that changes on Series 2).

So, her charming performance on the episode of the series might get some eyes on her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Isn’t this the “I Burn for you” episode? 💀
    Well he might win if voters are horny because there’s a lot of sex scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Really? I think she should submit either “For the Children”.

I agree. I though she was great in that scene where Rebecca and Keeley are talking about their past love lives and Keeley jokes that she’s Leonardo DiCaprio.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

It’s odd because I don’t think Regé-Jean Page was necessarily bad in Bridgerton. I think he played his character just fine, but nothing I feel he deserved a nomination for. In some ways, I kind of think he was nominated for his looks rather than his performance (which I personally think says somewhat more about the Emmy voters than Page himself?).

Anyway, all this jargon to say I’m not really sure what episode Page should submit. It’s been a while since I’ve first watched the show, but there’s nothing that really stands out to me as something contending for the Emmys. In fact, I don’t really think they were trying to give him material that would get him to the Emmys honestly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to say that I have never seen such rampant category fraud at the Emmys before. I was going on through the first half of this award season about how Hannah Waddingham should be in lead but it’s nothing compared to Hannah Einbinder’s category misplacement. Waddingham is at least a co-lead or borderline lead in each of her episodes but Einbinder is the principal lead in quite a lot of these episodes (especially “Falling”).

Giving Rose Byrne in Damages a run for her money…

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s odd because I don’t think Regé-Jean Page was necessarily bad in Bridgerton. I think he played his character just fine, but nothing I feel he deserved a nomination for. In some ways, I kind of think he was nominated for his looks rather than his performance (which I personally think says somewhat more about the Emmy voters than Page himself?).

Anyway, all this jargon to say I’m not really sure what episode Page should submit. It’s been a while since I’ve first watched the show, but there’s nothing that really stands out to me as something contending for the Emmys. In fact, I don’t really think they were trying to give him material that would get him to the Emmys honestly.

I also think Netflix didn’t make Bridgerton waiting for awards, but it happened and it happened hard lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

This is how I would submit The Crown, seeing as we’re discussing.

Series: “The Balmoral Test”, “Fairytale”, “Fagan”, Terra Nullius”, “48:1”, “War”

I agree with this. “Favourites” would be the spoiler.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have to say that I have never seen such rampant category fraud at the Emmys before. I was going on through the first half of this award season about how Hannah Waddingham should be in lead but it’s nothing compared to Hannah Einbinder’s category misplacement. Waddingham is at least a co-lead or borderline lead in each of her episodes but Einbinder is the principal lead in quite a lot of these episodes (especially “Falling”).

Giving Rose Byrne in Damages a run for her money…

Sometimes, while watching Hacks i feel like Hannah Einbinder was more of a lead than Jean.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 611 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.