Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 609 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Chris Beachum
Luca Giliberti
  • Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

That was the best choice for Uzo Aduba! So glad she chose it. Watch out for her!

she should’ve submitted Colin week 4

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

she should’ve submitted Colin week 4

That would have been a killer submission tape for John Benjamin Hickey had he been nominated in supporting actor drama. But Uzo Aduba absolutely submitted correctly with “Brooke: Week 5.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

If you’re wondering, this thread will remain open even though it is well beyond the 500 post count. It is linked in so many articles and on social media, it wouldn’t be good for people to click on a closed thread.

Four more individual titles should be published today: Aidy Bryant, Ann Dowd, Giancarlo Esposito, O-T Fagbenle. That will finish up all submissions except for the ones for Ted Lasso.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

COMEDY SERIES:

“black-ish” – “Hero Pizza,” “Age Against the Machine,” “Our Wedding Dre,” “What About Gary?,” “First Trap,” “Things Done Changed”

“Cobra Kai” – “Nature vs. Nurture,” “The Right Path,” “Miyagi-Do,” “King Cobra,” “Feel the Night,” “December 19”

“Emily in Paris” – “Emily in Paris,” “Masculin Feminin,” “Sexy or Sexist,” “Ringarde,” “Family Affair,” “Cancel Couture”

“The Flight Attendant” – “In Case of Emergency,” “Rabbits,” “Funeralia,” “Conspiracy Theories,” “Other People’s Houses,” “After Dark”

“Hacks” – “There Is No Line,” “Primm,” “Falling,” “New Eyes,” “1.69 Million,” “I Think She Will”

“The Kominsky Method” – “In all the old familiar places,” “You only give me your funny paper,” “And it’s getting more and more absurd,” “The round toes, of the high shoes,” “Near, far, wherever you are,” “The Fundamental Things Apply”

“PEN15” – “Wrestle,” “Vendy Wiccany,” “Three,” “Sleepover,” “Play,” “Opening Night”

“Ted Lasso” – TBA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

COMEDY SERIES: “PEN15” – “Wrestle,” “Vendy Wiccany,” “Three,” “Sleepover,” “Play,” “Opening Night”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

There’s not much to talk here.

I have not seen Cobra Kai or Emily in Paris yet.

black-ish had once again a very underwhelming season so it’s no surprise that they chose six underwhelming submissions. I would definetely had chose the finale tho.

The Flight Attendant and PEN15 were strategic.

Hacks submitted perfectly. Their submissions would’ve worked pretty well when the submissions were paired for obvious reasons (kinda like what Homeland used to do).

Ted Lasso’s choices are by far the most difficult to chose, but I bet they will use the same strategy that Succession used for its first season: Pilot + Back Half.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

No, when it’s two separated episodes it’s not one script. And FX and the production have always considered the season to have 7 episodes only, not 8

This is actually irrelevant, as the rule is about length, not credits/commercials/production/publicity.  You can have an episode that is abnormally long, like The Boys has one episode that is 54 minutes and another that is 67.  That is fine, but go back to something like the Emmy-winning first season of Homeland.  Their average episode was 51 minutes, so their 84-minute finale had to be counted as two episodes for the series tapes.  If you want to stream the Pose series finale on FX’s platform or buy it on Amazon Prime, they actually have split it up.  Nobody has ever split “Marine One” up, but it was still long enough that it would have been an unfair advantage under that system for it to have an extra episode.  The wording in the rules has not really changed since then for this, but it has no bearing on the outcome of the race these days, so the Emmys are no longer following it.  The first season of Westworld averaged 59 minutes before the finale, so the 90-minute finale should have had to count as two episodes like the first season finale of Homeland, but the Emmys allowed it to count as one.  Anything goes now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    André Sousa
    Topics:

That would have been a killer submission tape for John Benjamin Hickey had he been nominated in supporting actor drama. But Uzo Aduba absolutely submitted correctly with “Brooke: Week 5.”

I finished In treatment yesterday and oh men, Benjamin Hickey was robbed big time. What a unbelievable performance!I f he had been nominated, he would have been my winner and I never thought anyone would beat Michael K. Williams for me. I hope to see Hickey in a lot more things with more juicy roles like Colin

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

I agree. “Mom” was the only Comedy on broadcast this season that actually served. Janney’s nomination was also a namecheck, but at least it was good one.

Echoing the thoughts on Janney’s submission. In this field, she definitely deserved to get back in and she’s excellent in the series finale. In the multi-cam era, this could’ve been a winning episode. I also don’t mind their directing nomination, though I’m very perplexed by the episode they chose for the ballot.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Ted Lasso” – TBA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

The Ted Lasso supporting guys have had to rewatch the season twice in order to find a submission

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

“Emily in Paris” – “Emily in Paris,” “Masculin Feminin,” “Sexy or Sexist,” “Ringarde,” “Family Affair,” “Cancel Couture”

Even the name of the episodes are basic, gosh.

Anyway, Hacks delivered, they chose perfectly.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Even the name of the episodes are basic, gosh.

I thought they were fun.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I also don’t mind their directing nomination, though I’m very perplexed by the episode they chose for the ballot.

It was definetely a surprise when I saw that they didn’t chose the finale, but in this episode there’s the bank scene with Jill and Andy so it was definetely a smart move.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I thought they were fun.

If you saw the titles you saw the show. It’s the Ted Lasso Walmart version when the American lead is sent to another country and has to deal with another culture.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 609 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.