Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Ballots Reactions

2021 Emmy Ballots Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 280 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Was Marvel just waiting for this to bombard me with those Falcon and Wandavision ads?

I mean, it appeared before but every refresh now it’s one or the other (and with a video).

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

She is eligible for like 5 Emmys She isn’t losing again.

Well she’s lost to that James Corden Karaoke show more than once, she can lose to anything at this point…  yikes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ted Lasso is strong enough to get multiple directing slots but not sure which of those four stand out.

I think had it submitted the same two episodes it submitted at DGA then it would be winning with “The Hope That Kills You” considering it’s “the standout” out of the pairing of it and “Biscuits” and the fact that DGA tends to be name-checky in some of its choices so the fact “Biscuits” was directed by Zach Braff and DGA tends to favour pilots (of which The Flight Attendant was competing with) probably hurt it.

But I don’t see how it overcomes a vote-split with the two standouts “Make Rebecca Great Again” and “The Hope That Kills You” being among FOUR submissions from the show. This is a Watchmen vs Unorthodox and Game of Thrones vs Ozark situation. I think The Flight Attendant will take the win.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

She deserves it but she’ll probably lose to the bad Agatha All Along or even worse, Bo Burnham

At least let her lose to girls5eva or even that random H.E.R. song from that no1curr Disney+ movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Wait, H.E.R. is eligible here too? Girlllllll, this woman is such an industry plant.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I think The Flight Attendant will take the win.

It’s a really stylish and well-directed episode so I’d be happy with this outcome. The trend of the comedy front runner sweeping this category even when it’s not a directing showcase is starting to irk me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Don’t know if it’s already been noticed but the lack of I Hate Suzie is very disappointing even if it wasn’t getting anything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The trend of the comedy front runner sweeping this category even when it’s not a directing showcase is starting to irk me.

Tell me about it. Barry was robbed of directing two years ago and Maisel was robbed in the same category last year. <i>The Flight Attendant</i> winning would be a welcome change even though it’s not my personal awards winner in this category lol.

I think directing tends to be a bellwether for series nowadays but it’s such a vote-splitty category that it doesn’t take much for another contender to win if you have a second episode of your show nominated. Even if something like The Mandalorian for example was winning series this year I still think it would easily lose directing to The Crown.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Networks are much savvier now about submissions which makes it all the more baffling when you see a show fumble like Lovecraft Country. Given the competition, it probably could’ve gotten a directing nomination but it submitted like six episodes. Also confused about Perry Mason submitting two in directing, WV submitting almost the entire season in writing, etc. – why? Ted Lasso is strong enough to get multiple directing slots but not sure which of those four stand out. I think Hacks is a done deal to get into both writing and directing. I know everyone is counting out Fargo but it submitted once in both writing and directing and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it show up in both. Not that it’s even close to a nomination but it was nice to see The Expanse submitting really well. Since the Connors submitted three episodes – what is taking the cursed multi-cam directing slot?

I just don’t understand why some shows submit everything in writing but others submit far fewer episodes than they should have. Succession could have easily gotten 3 writing nominations last year and still won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Thanks for that. This is new for me. Did they have this rule last year?

Yes but I don’t think it was needed in the end.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Don’t know if it’s already been noticed but the lack of I Hate Suzie is very disappointing even if it wasn’t getting anything

Chris said yesterday that it is submitting to the International Emmys instead this year.

Quite disappointed for Prebble because they don’t have a writing category and she’s so deserving but I guess at least Piper might actually have a chance to win an Emmy (albeit an international one but an Emmy is still an Emmy!)

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfunyay
    Topics:

I still can’t open the performer tab…

Anyone have a link to the pdf?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The performers ballot PDF is gone. UGH!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

I still can’t open the performer tab…

Anyone have a link to the pdf?

I am having the same problem with Character Voiceover. I don’t think my link to the Performer page is different from the one you have.

Try these:

https://www.emmys.com/ballots/performer

Click to access performer-2021-v1.pdf

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I still can’t open the performer tab… Anyone have a link to the pdf?

Click to access performer-2021-v1.pdf

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.