Home Forums Television 2021 Emmys: Which prediction you’re most proud of?

2021 Emmys: Which prediction you’re most proud of?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
gabspss
String Cheese..

• Eden
    Topics:

I don’t think we have any nominees that weren’t in the predictions center this year, but still, predicting Emily in Paris or Clemons-Hopkins (only 22 had him) is a great achievement here! The other day I saw people predicting Jane Adams and I was like “sure, why not Smart’s assistant, too” and he actually got in!

I was gonna mention Carl Weathers as my proudest prediction (96 people), but scrolling through the odds, I realized Ramos for Hamilton had only 10 people predicting him and I’m one of them! I remember posting about him to be added to the predictions center. Yet, I got only two right in his category…

Here are some of the nominees with the lowest number of people predicting them. I got three (Brewer, Weathers and Ramos).

Madeline Brewer  – 168
    Phillipa Soo – 163
    Moses Ingram – 100
    Carl Weathers – 96
    Max Minghella – 93
    Jane Adams – 82
    Aidy Bryant – 70
    Alec Baldwin – 60
    Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal – 58
    Jonathan Groff – 52
    Bernadette Peters – 43
    Yvette Nicole Brown – 27
    Carl Clemons-Hopkins – 22
    Anthony Ramos – 10

By the way, congrats to forwardswill and AayaanUpadhyaya for entering the top 100! It’s great seeing active users doing so well.

wolfali
    Topics:

I predicted Jane Adams.

My rule with the comedy guest acting categories is to go with the show that I’m already predicting to get in somewhere else (although Bernadette Peters’ nomination has completely skewed this line of thinking for me now lmao). Adams was a Tony winning industry veteran who was the first name on the ballot for a show widely predicted to get into s. actress, is win competitive in actress and top 3 in series so at the last minute I switched to her.

Oh and yes congrats to forwardswill and Aayaan!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

forwardswill
    Topics:

By the way, congrats to forwardswill and AayaanUpadhyaya for entering the top 100! It’s great seeing active users doing so well.

Thanks so much!

ReplyCopy URL

Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Nothing really, XD. My riskier predictions (It’s a Sin, For All Mankind, Mythic Quest, Search Party, Justin Hartley, Milo Ventimiglia, Antony Starr, Adjoa Andoh, Daniel Bruhl, Ego Nwodim, Phil Dunster, Jennifer C. Holmes, Amanda Brugel, Pose and Black-ish missing series) all completely flopped. I did accurately call the Girls5eva series miss though, so I guess that’s something.

ReplyCopy URL

Pranshu
    Topics:

Mark Hamill snub (although for a Patrick Dempsey nod, so not that proud also) & last minute addition of Jane Adams.

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

Jane Adams in Guest Actress
    Primal in Animated Program (and now for the win)
    I had Leslie Odom Jr since the beginning, but I thought LMM would get snubbed because of the 5 slots.

I also predicted that Anya Taylor Joy, Rosario Dawson and Rege Jean Page would not get Guest nominations, and that Girls5Eva would get shut out.

ReplyCopy URL

loudtoilet
    Topics:

Small Axe shutout. I called it since Guilds shutout. It was so obvious.

ReplyCopy URL

Onion
    Topics:

I’m not proud of anything, even my Madeline Brewer prediction was a hopediction. I’ll just do like I’m doing with everything in life and pretend I did poorly because of the pandemic. There’s always next year, though.

One thing I will say is that I knew from the start that Maya Erskine/Anna Konkle (unfortunately) and Ralph Macchio/William Zabka (fortunately) were non-factors.

ReplyCopy URL

Victor
    Topics:

None, flopped way too hard honey

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL

gabspss
    Topics:

I predicted Madeline Brewer, but that’s not my proudest. My proudest is Genndy Tarkovsky’s Primal. I actually last night was just talking about how I thought it would make in over Harley Quinn and I was ignored by everyone ksks. I predicted not only because it’s Genndy Tarkovsky + Adult Swim, but also because the show literally won 3 Emmys last year!

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I was 100% sure Yellowstone and Lucifer had the viewership to get in somewhere finally and they did (Production Design and Choreography, both of which are appropriate).

ReplyCopy URL

ReddWhite
    Topics:

Predicting Cobra Kai and, especially, The Boys for series and Hamill’s snub, as well as Odom Jr and Freeman. Can’t think of much else.

Though I did say I thought Heller would be snubbed, I was too much of a coward to predict that.

Impossachievable

ReplyCopy URL

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Madeline Brewer, William H. Macy, Cobra Kai, all the four Supporting Actors of Ted Lasso.

ReplyCopy URL

Ryan
    Topics:

I had 100/1 odds for Carl Weathers and I’m glad I went big on all the supporting players for Ted Lasso and Mare of Easttown.

The whole time I just knew for some reason Thuso Mbedu wouldn’t make it so I never predicted her (even though she would have definitely been deserving). Unfortunately I stuck with my gut and chose Kidman over Erivo.

ReplyCopy URL

Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I predicted Madeline Brewer, which was mainly a hope-diction on my end since her performance is so unreal and deserving, so I’m happy that came to fruition. I also predicted Jean Smart since the day the prediction centre opened which might seem an obvious choice now, but I got her at 100/1 odds and at a time when “Hacks” was “Untitled Jean Smart Project” haha and that was all we knew about it.

Emmy FYC:

Chloë Sevigny in “The Girl From Plainville” and “Russian Doll”

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.