Home Forums Television 2022-2023 Television Guild Awards

2022-2023 Television Guild Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 528 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor

• wolfali
    Topics:

Guild of Music Supervisors nominations (all shows must have had 50% of the season air before October 31 so The Crown, Wednesday and The White Lotus were all ineligible for the music supervision for a series categories).

Best Music Supervision in a Docuseries

Amanda Krieg Thomas – The Andy Warhol Diaries
    Ross Sellwood – My Life as a Rolling Stone
    Dan Wilcox – Street Food USA
    Barry Cole – They Call Me Magic
    Andrea von Foerster – Welcome To Wrexham

Best Music Supervision in a Trailer – Series

Will Quiney – Atlanta Season 3 ‘Visitors’
    Bobby Gumm – Stranger Things 4
    Scenery Sumandra, Gregory Sweeney – The Idol – Official Teaser #3
    Brian Sotelo – Black Bird
    Deric Berberabe, Jordan Silverberg – The White Lotus – Season 2
    Dylan Bostick, Chris Restivo – Atlanta “Shillin’”
    Deric Berberabe, Jordan Silverberg – The Boys Season 3 (full trailer)
    Kelsey Mitchell – Perry Mason Season 2 Teaser (HBO)
    Evelin Garcia – Andor – Teaser “Reckoning”
    Emma Allaway, Eduardo Fontes Williams – The Crown Season 5

Best Song Written and/or Recorded for Television

“Walking On Sunshine” from Acapulco – Season 1 Ep. 10 – “You Should Hear How She Talks About You”
    Songwriter: Kimberley Rew
    Performers: Rodrigo Urquidi, Rossana de León
    Music Supervisors: Javier Nuño, Joe Rodriguez

“Maybe Monica” from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Season 4 Ep. 5 – “How to Chew Quietly and Influence People”
    Songwriters: Tom Mizer, Curtis Moore
    Performer: Josh A. Dawson
    Music Supervisor: Robin Urdang

“Perfect Day” from Better Call Saul – Season 6 Ep. 9 – “Fun and Games”
    Songwriter: Harry Nilsson
    Performers: Dresage, Slow Shiver
    Music Supervisor: Thomas Golubić

“Two Shots” from The Afterparty – Season 1 Ep. 3 – “Yasper”
    Songwriters: Jack Dolgen, Jonathan Lajoie
    Performers: Ben Schwartz, Sam Richardson, Jamie Demetriou
    Music Supervisor: Kier Lehman

“Trouble” from MOOD – Season 1 Ep. 6 – “F* the Fake Sh”
    Songwriters: Nicôle Lecky, Camille Angelina Purcell ‘Kamille’, Kwame Kwei-Armah Jr ‘KZ’
    Performer: Lecky
    Music Supervisors: Ed Bailie, Abi Leland

“Let’s Live For Today” from Pachinko – Season 1 Ep. 8 – “Chapter Eight”
    Songwriters: Michael Julien, Guilio Rapetti Mogol, Norman David Shapiro
    Performer: Leenalchi
    Music Supervisor: Michael Hill

“Seduce & Scheme” from Rap Sh!t – Season 1 Ep. 3 – “Something for the Hood”, Ep. 4 – “Something for the Clubs”, Ep. 5 – “Something for the Weekend”, Ep. 6 – “Something for the Gram”, Ep. 7 – “Something for the DJ”, Ep. 8 – “Something for the Road”
    Songwriters: Larry Dwayne Batiste, Isaac Earl Bynum, Khia Chambers, Brittany Dickinson, Aida Goitom, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, Clayton Richardson, Seandrea Sledge, Bill Summers. Kevin Toney, Michael J. Williams
    Performers: Shawna & Mia
    Music Supervisors: Sarah Bromberg, Stephanie Diaz-Matos, Philippe Pierre

“Get It On The Floor” from P-Valley – Season 2 Ep. 6 – “Savage,” Ep. 9 – “Snow”
    Songwriters: Julian Mason, Antwon D. Moore, Megan Pete, Kelton Lanier Scott II
    Performers: J. Alphonse Nicholson, Megan Thee Stallion
    Music Supervisors: Sarah Bromberg, Stephanie Diaz-Matos, Katori Hall

Best Music Supervision – Television Comedy or Musical

Kier Lehman – The Afterparty Season 1
    Kier Lehman – Insecure Season 5
    Nora Felder, Janine Scalise – Better Things Season 5
    Ed Bailie, Abi Leland – MOOD Season 1
    Adam Anders, Amanda Krieg Thomas – Monarch Season 1
    Robin Urdang – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4
    Thomas Patterson – The Resort Season 1
    Amanda Krieg Thomas – Pam & Tommy Season 1

Best Music Supervision – Television Drama

Ciara Elwis – Bad Sisters Season 1
    Thomas Golubić – Better Call Saul Season 6
    Justin Kamps – Bridgerton Season 2
    Jen Malone, Adam Leber – Euphoria Season 2
    Ollie White – Industry Season 2
    Dave Jordan, Shannon Murphy – Ms. Marvel Season 1
    Stephanie Diaz-Matos, Sarah Bromberg, Katori Hall – P-Valley Season 2
    Nora Felder – Stranger Things Season 4

Best Music Supervision – Reality Television

Peter Davis – The Challenge: All Stars Season 3
    Sarah Bromberg, Gary Lubansky, Eric Medina – Sweet Life: Los Angeles Season 2
    Brandon Boucher – The Real World Homecoming Season 3
    Greg Danylyshyn, Ben Hochstein – The Kardashians Season 1
    Jon Ernst – Siesta Key Season 4
    Adam Brodsky, Rivka Rose – The Come Up Season 1

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Finally, a guild is aware P-Valley exists.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Finally, a guild is aware P-Valley exists.

It was nominated here for season 1.

It’s nice to see Industry finally get guild recognition after being dust this season (although I’m sure it probably would have shown up in episodic drama at WGA if it was eligible there). It’s a shame that in a barren drama actress field Myha’la Herrold hasn’t been able to gain traction like other underdog contenders like Sharon Horgan and even Christine Baranski have.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s nice to see Industry finally get guild recognition after being dust this season (although I’m sure it probably would have shown up in episodic drama at WGA if it was eligible there). It’s a shame that in a barren drama actress field Myha’la Herrold hasn’t been able to gain traction like other underdog contenders like Sharon Horgan and even Christine Baranski have.

really thought Industry was at least showing at Critic’s Choice.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

I really thought Industry was at least showing at Critic’s Choice.

Industry is a small show with a big heart…

ReplyCopy URL

David Buchanan
    Topics:

It’s a shame that in a barren drama actress field Myha’la Herrold hasn’t been able to gain traction like other underdog contenders like Sharon Horgan and even Christine Baranski have.

Yeah, absolutely. I’ve only been able to see half of Season 2 so far, but she’s been terrific. I think after Season 1 failed to gain any momentum, folks just failed to give it another look. I’m afraid for a lot of the freshman series (… Julia …) that missed out the first time around, because it seems so hard to catch on once that initial, premiere buzz has dissipated.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah, absolutely. I’ve only been able to see half of Season 2 so far, but she’s been terrific. I think after Season 1 failed to gain any momentum, folks just failed to give it another look. I’m afraid for a lot of the freshman series (… Julia …) that missed out the first time around, because it seems so hard to catch on once that initial, premiere buzz has dissipated.

It’s a real shame as well because industry voters have shown time and time again they’re not averse to recognising shows later in their runs after missing out initially (Schitt’s Creek, The Americans). I hope with Julia that it just missed out last time round because it aired too late and the potentially less competitive nature of the comedy actress field and Lancashire’s buzz (at least over here) from the return of Happy Valley can help propel her to a nomination this time round.

But oh well at least these shows exist. Being a Good Fight fan over the years (hooray for the Kings finally getting that WGA episodic drama nomination!) has helped to ease the pain of a show that is so good being ignored even in the most open of fields. It’s not the fault of these shows or the talent working on them that awards voters can sometimes be so out of touch.

ReplyCopy URL

David Buchanan
    Topics:

I’m concerned about Julia‘s prospects given all the tumult at HBO Max, but at least it seems like they’re committed to the second season. It really should have been a crafts player, too. Maybe their French-set opening episodes will gain some traction next cycle.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

It really should have been a crafts player, too

The production design was immaculate even if the show’s budget wasn’t as big as some of HBO’s other titles. It’s hard to make you feel like you’re in the world of television/film production on screen without making it look artificial and they pulled that off.

ReplyCopy URL

David Buchanan
    Topics:

The production design was immaculate even if the show’s budget wasn’t as big as some of HBO’s other titles. It’s hard to make you feel like you’re in the world of television/film production on screen without making it look artificial and they pulled that off.

Oh, totally. Even how they recreated the Childs’ house — not just the kitchen — from the original floor-plans from the Harvard archive. Just such wonderful work. I really can’t wait for this to come back.

ReplyCopy URL

Couverture
    Topics:

British Society of Cinematographers (BSC)

Best Cinematography in a Television Drama

Adriano Goldman, Andor – “One Way Out”
    Fabian Wagner, House of the Dragon – “The Heirs of the Dragon”
    Florian Hoffmeister, Pachinko – “Chapter Three”
    Danny Cohen, Slow Horses – “Bad Tradecraft”
    Ben Wheeler, The Tourist – “Episode One”

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

British Society of Cinematographers (BSC) Best Cinematography in a Television Drama Adriano Goldman, Andor – “One Way Out” Fabian Wagner, House of the Dragon – “The Heirs of the Dragon” Florian Hoffmeister, Pachinko – “Chapter Three” Danny Cohen, Slow Horses – “Bad Tradecraft” Ben Wheeler, The Tourist – “Episode One”

The English missing here is an absolute crime. Only Pachinko’s cinematography is on par with it out of all the nominees.

The Mandalorian never made it in here so Andor getting in is a good get for it. The Crown missed here for season 3 and missed at BAFTA for season 4. I expect it to perform poorly at the latter (one or two craft nominations and nothing else like the later seasons of Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty wouldn’t shock me at this point) this year but it will be interesting to see if the Emmys drop it from cinematography as well or if the goodwill is strong enough for it to eke out a nomination there.

House of the Dragon has been doing decently with the UK guilds it has been eligible for so far (it also got into the casting guild this week) but Slow Horses has been performing unlike any Apple show has ever done. In addition to BSC and CDG nominations it made it in at the UK writers guild in a competitive lineup of three. I never got the impression the first season was that well received (critically at least) over here so it will be interesting to see with it competing for the more acclaimed second season how it fares with the juries over at BAFTA.

ReplyCopy URL

FNLlove
    Topics:

Trying to decide who to vote for in WGA New Series. I think it’s between Abbott and Severance. I was leaning Abbott bc of all the success it has had this award season, but then I noticed that it didn’t get an episodic nom, whereas Severance did. I know it’s a different Guild, but Abbott also didn’t get DGA, whereas Severance got 2. So I think I’m leaning Severance now. I don’t know.
    Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

AARP winners:

Best Actress (TV): Sheryl Lee Ralph (Abbott Elementary)

Best Actor (TV): Jeff Bridges (The Old Man)

Best TV Series: The Old Man

Best TV Movie/Limited Series: Black Bird

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

ACE predictions.

Editing for a Drama Series

Better Call Saul (“Point and Shoot”)
    Euphoria (“The Theatre and Its Double”)
    Severance (“In Perpetuity”)
    Severance (“The We We Are”)
    The White Lotus : Sicily (“Arrivederci”)

Editing for a Comedy Series

Abbott Elementary (“Candy Zombies”)
    Barry (“Starting Now”)
    The Bear (“Brigade”)
    The Bear (“Review”)
    Only Murders in the Building (“I Know Who Did It”)

Editing for a Limited Series

Dahmer (“Silenced”)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (“Part VI”)
    Pam and Tommy (“I Love You Tommy”)
    Station Eleven (“Dr. Chaudhary”)
    Station Eleven (“Unbroken Circle”)

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 528 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.