Home Forums Television 2022 BAFTA TV Awards Predictions

2022 BAFTA TV Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 511 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
AMG
craigkell
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Help is also in the ‘Film for tv’ category with Jodie in the appropriate category so think that’s just a typo – wonder if there’s another comedy that was supposed to up there?

If this is so,it’s sad and negligent for them to not recheck the list for errors before publishing.

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Help is also in the ‘Film for tv’ category with Jodie in the appropriate category so think that’s just a typo – wonder if there’s another comedy that was supposed to up there?

It’s on the Satellite Awards website as well, though which just screams incompetency at best.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

The Tourist, starring Jamie Dornan hits UK TV screens on 1st January 2022, so will NOT be eligible for next years TV BAFTAs.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Sight & Sound: “The 10 best TV series of 2021”

1. It’s a Sin (Channel 4)
    2. The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)
    3. Mare of Easttown (HBO / Sky Atlantic)
    4. North Water (BBC Two)
    5. Time (BBC One)
    6. Succession (HBO / Sky Atlantic)
    7. The White Lotus (HBO / Sky Atlantic)
    8. Squid Game (Netflix)
    9. WandaVision (Disney+)
    10. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu / Disney+)

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sight & Sound: “The 10 best TV series of 2021” 1. It’s a Sin (Channel 4) 2. The Underground Railroad (Prime Video) 3. Mare of Easttown (HBO / Sky Atlantic) 4. North Water (BBC Two) 5. Time (BBC One) 6. Succession (HBO / Sky Atlantic) 7. The White Lotus (HBO / Sky Atlantic) 8. Squid Game (Netflix) 9. WandaVision (Disney+) 10. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu / Disney+)

The last two shows that placed 1st on this list were I May Destroy You and Fleabag.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    alexdrake
    Topics:

The queen of british television going to give an acceptance speech next year

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

The last two shows that placed 1st on this list were I May Destroy You and Fleabag.

Which won for their LEADING performances…so well done to Olly Alexander

Not sure of Hawes.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’m probably going to regret saying this but I honestly don’t know how Hawes doesn’t win if she gets nominated. She’s got the episode to end all episodes and is in the most acclaimed show of the year. It would be truly crazy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Which won for their LEADING performances…so well done to Olly Alexander

FYC:

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Indeed She was very good on the show but the award should have gone to Olivia. She was hilarious.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Is Help going to be eligible or aired in the US for TV Movie? Does anyone know?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m probably going to regret saying this but I honestly don’t know how Hawes doesn’t win if she gets nominated. She’s got the episode to end all episodes and is in the most acclaimed show of the year. It would be truly crazy.

The only person I can see stopping her is Sheila Atim for The Underground Railroad because she’s the type of newcomer BAFTA have generally gravitated towards awarding (and she has a strong tape) but at this point the passion for It’s a Sin feels undeniable. It won’t surprise me if it ends up near sweeping with the jury like Killing Eve did and Hawes goes along for the ride considering she delivers one of the showiest and most acclaimed performances of the show and of those in contention this year.

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sight & Sound: “The 10 best TV series of 2021” 1. It’s a Sin (Channel 4) 2. The Underground Railroad (Prime Video) 3. Mare of Easttown (HBO / Sky Atlantic) 4. North Water (BBC Two) 5. Time (BBC One) 6. Succession (HBO / Sky Atlantic) 7. The White Lotus (HBO / Sky Atlantic) 8. Squid Game (Netflix) 9. WandaVision (Disney+) 10. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu / Disney+)

Worth also noting that at least one show on each of the prior of these lists has made it into International Series. Of course that’s not to say that will continue this year but I do think at least one (if not both) of The Underground Railroad and Mare are probably in.

FYC:

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Haven’t posted in a few months, but crawling out of the woodwork to say Showtrial is the worst BBC Sunday night drama in ages. Shown up completely by You Don’t Know Me that started last night. Also excited about The Girl Before and Landscapers, seems such a treat to still have potential competitors this close to the end of the year. Though unfortunately I think it means Jenna Coleman’s performance in The Serpent is likely to be forgotten

This season of Stath Lets Flats seemed to end on quite a final note, so hoping Demetriou can make it three in a row for Comedy Actor.

No way Rose and Giovanni’s silent dance on Strictly doesn’t make Virgin Media’s Must-See Moment.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still can’t believe we don’t have a trailer for A Very British Scandal yet. I mean I’m just incredibly hyped so perhaps I’m being a tad extreme here but the show premieres in less than three weeks and we still don’t have a trailer.

Hopefully by saying this one will turn up like tomorrow lol.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘2022 BAFTA TV Awards Predictions’ is closed to new replies.