Home Forums Television 2022 British TV Thread

2022 British TV Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 388 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
AMG
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The first episode of Big Boys is one of the best British comedy premieres I’ve seen in fucking years

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Lindsay Duncan really makes the case for why there should be a guest acting BAFTA in episode 4 of Sherwood. What an actor.

I was just watching episode 1 of season 3 of The Split and was thinking that the Countess looked familiar and then realized who she was….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For all the Sherwood watches on here, how do you guys think the actors will be categorised? Do you guys think they’ll all go supporting or some of them will go lead? I was thinking that Morrissey and Manville will go lead considering the former is the closest thing to a lead and the latter would otherwise be competing with herself in supporting for The Crown (like Essiedu was two years ago and Graham was last year) but I was interested in hearing what people thought.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m halfway through Sherwood so this may change depending on how the last half of the season goes, but to me it would seem David Morrissey is the lead and everybody else I’d put in Supporting.

Honestly, god bless James Graham, everything I’ve seen of his has been spectacular.

FYC: "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Severance" in everything, Natasha Rothwell ("Insecure"), Sophie Thatcher ("Yellowjackets"), Renee Elise Goldsberry ("Girls5eva"), James Caverly, ("Only Murders in the Building")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

I’d place Morrissey lead and the rest all Supporting as well

A case COULD just about be made for Manville in Lead, but I think Supporting is the better place for her.

Lesley Manville, Lorraine Ashbourne and Adeel Akhtar seem likeliest for BAFTA nods.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What I’m also curious with Sherwood is just how many acting nominations it gets. I can see it being in a similar boat as say A Very English Scandal and It’s a Sin were during round one of voting where it’s just the most widely seen contender and so does well with the membership and translates most of its acting nominations because of how tape friendly most of them are. It’s a very ensemble heavy show and aside from maybe Froggatt, Holman and Armstrong I can see the jurors really finding it cool to pick a lot of the performances here.

I can see it going anywhere from 2 to around 6 (I think Akhtar is probably the likeliest of them all to get nominated with how tape friendly his performance is and the type of character actor he is).

Most likely to get nominated:

1. Akhtar
    2. Manville
    3. Ashbourne
    4. Glenister
    5. Rushbrook
    6. Morrissey
    7. Armstrong
    8. Duncan
    9. Doyle
    10. Hugill

11. Froggatt
    12. Holman
    13. Jackson
    14. Fitzpatrick

Personal Ranking:

1. Glenister
    2. Morrissey
    3. Armstrong
    4. Manville
    5. Rushbrook
    6. Duncan
    7. Akhtar
    8. Ashbourne
    9. Froggatt
    10. Holman

11. Doyle
    12. Hugill
    13. Jackson
    14. Fitzpatrick

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just a reminder to everyone that the predictions centre polls close tomorrow so if you want your predictions to be counted in the forum survey please vote! If you want to vote and are having any technical difficulties with the polls please feel free to DM your predictions and I’ll include them.

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far. I was quite taken by how many responses we received this time round (usually there are much fewer sets of predictions made around this time of year).

Drama Series Mini Series Scripted Comedy International Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

Gentleman Jack was canceled.

with its second season, delayed by the pandemic, among HBO’s lower rated original series. (source)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the first round of forum predictions centre polls closed, here are the results! Thank you to everyone who voted in these polls and those who sent me DMs with their predictions.

Drama Series

Projected nominees:

Rest of top 15:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mini-Series

Projected nominees:

Rest of top 15:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

International Series

Projected nominees:

Rest of top 15:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Scripted Comedy

Projected nominees:

Rest of top 15:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Finished Big Boys. Without doubt the best British comedy (and maybe show in general) since Fleabag. Jon Pointing gives the performance of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The leading acting categories prediction polls are live! Same instructions on how to use as before. I’m now able to edit the poll options so if there are any contenders you’d like to vote for in the predictions poll but are missing please feel free to let me know and I’ll edit them in!

Per usual if you have any queries please feel free to post them and if you’re having any technical difficulties with the poll please feel free to DM me.

Happy predicting!

Leading Actress
    Leading Actor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Interesting results from those first series predictions. Will be interesting to see how the cancellation affects Gentleman Jack’s odds over the course of the year

I’m devastated it’s been cancelled but hope the BBC keep it going without HBO somehow.

Also…could Taron Egerton be in line for a BAFTA nod for Black Bird? Very good reviews for him and the show so far.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.