Home Forums Television 2022 Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards Thread

2022 Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 297 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
alittle03
ScreamingFire..
gabspss
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The broadcast/cable divide in categories is quite bizarre. But I’ll gladly applaud any love for “Better Call Saul,” “Abbott Elementary,” and justice for “This Is Us”!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Love this win but I feel bad for Goldberg. Girl really gave her all this season and gets completely disrespected and ignored. People really can’t handle unlikable and powerful female characters. Sigh.

Same. She just can’t catch a break. All we can hope for is that she gets some love at the winter awards and that she keeps on delivering fantastic work. Hopefully, Hader gives her something even better in season 4 (if he can somehow top the excellence of season 3).

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Also, I find it quite interesting how much This is Us…tanked? It only took home Writing and Broadcast Series (the latter of which is where it had absolutely zero competition but still). You’d think a win for Mandy Moore might have felt more urgent considering how passionate Scott Menzel, the awards body’s founder, was about the show’s Emmy shutout and how passionate he is about the show in general. I suppose you could argue Moore’s Virtuoso honor was more than enough so voters decided to award someone else, but Giancarlo Esposito won Supporting Actor and was still honored with the Icon Award (and his show swept, including Series), so perhaps the argument doesn’t hold weight. I’m just surprised that this awards show, which showed This is Us more love (nominations wise) than any other awards show ever, still decided to almost ignore it in terms of wins. Perhaps it was never that close at the Emmys either?

Anyway, in so many words, Lynskey’s win over Moore, allowing her to make an impassioned speech and receive palpable love from the industry in the room and also just the love from Academy members throughout the cycle makes me more confident in predicting her to win next month. I don’t mean to overestimate the HCAs whatsoever, but I think giving one last speech a month before the Emmys in front of your peers can only help her and bolster her and her show’s impressive nomination haul. We’ll see.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

The Euphoria floppage, including a Zendaya loss — we love to see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Some of you Barry stand are insufferable!

Abbott and James are perfectly fine (even great wins)

Barry season 3 was amazing and Sarah Goldberg should’ve been nominated at the Emmys. That being said, some fans are indeed pushing way too hard and some posts really feel like they are undermining other shows and performers a lot in an unnecessary way and this is making me get an icky feeling towards the show which is awful because I believe both Hader and Goldberg wouldn’t be undermining other shows and performers like some of their fans are doing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The Euphoria floppage, including a Zendaya loss — we love to see it.

You’re probably celebrating but nobody should care about HCA awards when it comes to Emmys, plenty of winners have lost here even on the film side.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Hard to take them seriously with the gazillion categories and knowing who all are behind them but Karyn Kusama’s win was unexpectedly satisfying. With that Emmy nomination and this, it’s good to see Yellowjackets get recognised for its directing too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

You’re probably celebrating but nobody should care about HCA awards when it comes to Emmys, plenty of winners have lost here even on the film side.

Had Zendaya beaten Melanie, you’d be all over that though, sweetie. You made a bigger deal of Mandy beating Melanie at an awards show where Zen wasn’t even nominated. ☠️ I mean, we have to laugh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

We are acting like HCA is on the same level as TCA now?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Cable Drama: *Tie* Better Call Saul (AMC), Succession (HBO)

Critics Choice “we want to predict the frontrunner but reward our actual fav at the same time” energy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Critics Choice “we want to predict the frontrunner but reward our actual fav at the same time” energy  

This will never not be hilarious. If they’d went with who was the actual unanimous critics choice, they would’ve gotten the oscar winner.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Is there a flat tire on the ‘It’s Zendaya’s to Lose’ bandwagon? No; Last night was just a hiccup, This is STILL hers to lose.

Streaming’s gonna be more fun to play out as Broadcast/Cable with few deviations went as expected. Tonight’s final starts at 8:15PM ET/5:15-ish PT.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I know people don’t want them to become a thing, but having so many actors there makes me feel the HCA are already a thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Them figuring out how to tie Severance and Squid Game at their streaming awards:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Is there a flat tire on the ‘It’s Zendaya’s to Lose’ bandwagon? No; Last night was just a hiccup, This is STILL hers to lose.

Agreed, there’s nothing strong enough that makes me feel Zendaya is going to lose, Yellowjackets overperformed but Euphoria did much better than expected as well and it’s far more popular too.

I do believe the passion to reward Zendaya is not as strong as it was for the season 1 and we haven’t gotten a repeat there since Julianna Margullies in 2014. But this is still hers to lose.

Don’t know if I’m 100% right but since 2016 most of the pseudo frontrunners have lost as well.

-2016, most people expected a Viola repeat and Tatiana won in the end (I love Viola but thank god Tatiana got an Emmy)

-2017, Foy was the frontrunner with GG and SAG under her belt and Moss came stronger than ever and beated her. (terrific win btw)

-2018, expecting a Moss repeat and Foy took it (one of the greatest line ups in history)

-2019, Oh was the favorite to win and Comer ended up winning (another terrific win)

-2020, Aniston was the expected winner and Zendaya surprised everyone

-2021, Corrin was the favorite while Rodriguez had the narrative and they went for Colman.

The passion for Linskey seems to be stronger every day but Zendaya is Hollywood’s new it girl. This will be an interesting race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.