Home Forums Television 2022 Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards Thread

2022 Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 297 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
alittle03
ScreamingFire..
gabspss
  • Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson wins Limited Actress 💀

This surprised me the most! They could have easily given it to Amanda who I presumed was a Critics favourite but Sarah is an interesting choice

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Streaming’s gonna be more fun to play out as Broadcast/Cable with few deviations went as expected. Tonight’s final starts at 8:15PM ET/5:15-ish PT.

I just watched some of last night’s thing – a few actors joking about how they don’t warn you about the win, but then Hader does a virtual acceptance speech that is pre-recorded… huh?

Anyway I agree that having people attend makes it feel like a thing. a fun thing, not necessarily an Emmy prediction thing, especially with the two separate ceremonies. On the film side, this year the HCA awards leading up to the Oscars was in some ways a time for winners who were sure not to get Oscars – Kristen Stewart and Andrew Garfield – but at the same time, predictive of the supporting actor wins for Ariana DeBose and Troy Kotsur.

I think the awards for people who will not win Oscars/Emmys are more fun. For tonight, it would be great to see wins for people not even nominated, like Sadie Sink, Selena Gomez, Station Eleven, Reservation Dogs, or Pachinko…

I do have my eye on Hannah E. v. Hannah W., though!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

This surprised me the most! They could have easily given it to Amanda who I presumed was a Critics favourite but Sarah is an interesting choice

Amanda is in the streaming category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson was the only Emmy nominee on that category.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

I know HCA doesn’t mean much but a lot of actors showed up yesterday. I can see it becoming somehow substantial considering it is the only live event before the Emmy where actors can give a speech

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Amanda is in the streaming category.

Got it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

For tonight, it would be great to see wins for people not even nominated, like Sadie Sink, Selena Gomez, Station Eleven, Reservation Dogs, or Pachinko…o

Or Strange New Worlds picking up streaming drama along with the honorary award they’ll get. First and best ST in a generation to be thisclose to winning a series award…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

Just one video of Rhea’s speech on twitter already has over 16k views.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

One thing I’ll give them is that they have categories for writing/directing, something that the Globes and CC don’t have but should have. More recognition for TV writers and directors please.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just one video of Rhea’s speech on twitter already has over 16k views.

Julia better run!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Julia better run!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t mind Sarah winning!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

I know HCA doesn’t mean much but a lot of actors showed up yesterday. I can see it becoming somehow substantial considering it is the only live event before the Emmy where actors can give a speech

Plus it airing during Emmy awards voting period doesn’t hurt and could only help.

Ted Lasso/Apple actually flew a few actors in for this (in the middle of them filming and it’s not a quick flight for them) so it’s getting Hollywood’s attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Seems like something actors will want to take advantage of going forward.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Had Zendaya beaten Melanie, you’d be all over that though, sweetie. You made a bigger deal of Mandy beating Melanie at an awards show where Zen wasn’t even nominated. ☠️ I mean, we have to laugh.

HCA is fun but irrelevant so no I wouldn’t. And the acting like TCA is on the same level as a pundit award, I have to laugh.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.