Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 2)

2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 496 through 507 (of 507 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
Victor
wolfali

• Victor
    Topics:

LOL I totally forgot them
    My bad

FYC:
    The HBO darlings everywhere (The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, Perry Mason, White House Plumbers, Love & Death);
    The Apple gang (Bad Sisters, Slow Horses, Shrinking, Ted Lasso, Black Bird);
    Poker Face, The Great, The Bear, Evil (especially Katja Herbers) and The Good Fight.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Jaket1991
    Topics:

I’m loving Harrison Ford in the first few episodes of ‘Shrinking’. It’s pretty average overall so far, with Ford being the best part.

Victor
    Topics:

Holy moly I loved Shrinking
    Jason Segel, Harrison Ford, Jessica Williams (she’s really fun), Michael Urie and Luke Tennis deserve nominations for this.
    It has its flaws but it’s a hella good time.

FYC:
    The HBO darlings everywhere (The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, Perry Mason, White House Plumbers, Love & Death);
    Poker Face, The Great, The Bear, Evil (especially Katja Herbers) and The Good Fight.

sgcampaigner
    Topics:

Jason and Olivia put up a united front , as rumors of Ted Lasso trailer premiere at the Super Bowl linger…

https://t.co/BUnCPqP1CL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Jason and Olivia put up a united front , as rumors of Ted Lasso trailer premiere at the Super Bowl linger…

Ted Lasso being a Super Bowl trailer makes perfect sense.

Victor
    Topics:

One thing about Apple, they don’t play around with their openings

Perfection.

FYC:

mporter455
    Topics:

First ep of Poker Face was great, but a comedy? c’mon…. shows like this and the Bear are really blurring the category lines~

JV
    Topics:

First ep of Poker Face was great, but a comedy? c’mon…. shows like this and the Bear are really blurring the category lines~

It’s not going to be submitted as a Comedy. If the Academy didn’t buy On Central Florida (Kirsten Dunst show) as a Comedy, they won’t buy Poker Face. The Bear is a half hour show.

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I agree, if the likes of Columbo, The Mentalist and Murder She Wrote can all be submitted (and nominated) in Drama categories when they are all just as comedic/joke heavy as Poker Face is, there’s absolutely no reason why should be competing in Comedy.

It’s not going to be submitted as a Comedy. If the Academy didn’t buy On Central Florida (Kirsten Dunst show) as a Comedy, they won’t buy Poker Face. The Bear is a half hour show.

Also see the Academy moving Kevin Can **** Himself to Drama last year as well.

wolfali
    Topics:

Well the run time rule that dictated whether a show could run in comedy or drama was lifted last year so Peacock can run it in comedy if they want to. It really shouldn’t go comedy though. It basically has the same tone as Better Call Saul (both are very serious dramas with breezy and funny elements to them that are led by comedic actors doing lived in dramatic work).

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Lance
    Topics:

Does anyone know when the prediction center will open for Emmy nom predictions?

Victor
    Topics:

Does anyone know when the prediction center will open for Emmy nom predictions?

Last year it opened February 15th, so probably soon.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 496 through 507 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.