Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)

2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 438 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor

• kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Is this because of the ongoing circumstances vis-à-vis Haddish?

I doubt it given Haddish was literally at Oscars parties.

Victor
    Topics:

I was today years old when I found out Barry had a poster for s4, a pretty neat one too.

He lives in you, he lives in me, he watches over everything we see.
    Into the water, into the truth, in your reflection, he lives in you.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Has anyone else checked out Lucky Hank? I don’t know if it’s being watched much but I kind of like it

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Has anyone else checked out Lucky Hank? I don’t know if it’s being watched much but I kind of like it

Odenkirk and Enos are great. The pilot itself is just fine. I need to watch more to decide if this has some chance at the awards.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Odenkirk and Enos are great. The pilot itself is just fine. I need to watch more to decide if this has some chance at the awards.

I don’t think it’s debuted too strong (especially given Odenkirk) but I find the casting of all the supporting cast quite promising so I think I’ll probably persist whether it isn’t or not?

I do wonder if (given it’s based on one book) if it gets moved to limited? They might have a chance there.

JV
    Topics:

I wonder of Ali Wong being less known than her co star will hurt her, especially giving that her category is way more stacked than his.

Boomerang
    Topics:

Does anyone know if the pandemic has killed off the Weeds revival that was announced? I would love to see the under awarded Parker and Perkins navigate the modern era as a pair of elder ladies, even better if Patano came back too

thewhitelotus
    Topics:

Can we even declare Beef competitive as yet?

I’ve been thinking this… it’s a new series that’s sadly going to get overlooked bc voters are getting inundated with content

forwardswill
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking this… it’s a new series that’s sadly going to get overlooked bc voters are getting inundated with content

I feel like this would be true if it weren’t on Netflix. That basically guarantees that voters will see it. More of a question of whether it appeals to audiences as much as critics

thewhitelotus
    Topics:

I think it could go either way. This is also relevant — viewers are waiting to see if a series gets renewed before starting.

Heptapod
    Topics:

With a 90 Metacritic score and two popular and reliably good leads who will attract the “right” demographics (Yeun with the critic/indie crowd and Wong with the more mainstream standup comedy fans), not to mention the fact that many reviews are highlighting it as notably unique representation for Asian Americans, I think we can definitely at least predict Beef to be competitive. Maybe not for wins just yet, but it’s probably 6th to 10th in most categories at worst (and much higher if it moves to limited).

FYC: Bad Sisters (Anne-Marie Duff) Cunk on Earth (Diane Morgan), Fleishman Is in Trouble (Lizzy Caplan/Claire Danes), Industry (Marisa Abela/Myha'la Herrold), Physical (Rose Byrne), Poker Face (Ellen Barkin/Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Chloë Sevigny), The White Lotus (Sabrina Impacciatore)

Victor
    Topics:

Yeah I agree it will be watched, we just have to know if it will be liked enough and I think it will.

He lives in you, he lives in me, he watches over everything we see.
    Into the water, into the truth, in your reflection, he lives in you.

Jacob Boe
    Topics:

I’m not confident in her because she’s at best fifth, but I am definitely rooting for her. Loved her in “Flipping the Pieces.”

Emmys FYC:

Comedy: The Bear, Cunk on Earth, Only Murders in the Building, Reservation Dogs

Drama: The Last of Us, Stranger Things

Limited/Movie:

lenatroid
    Topics:

I’m not confident in her because she’s at best fifth, but I am definitely rooting for her. Loved her in “Flipping the Pieces.”

I’m confident in the sense that she has much more material to work from. I’m kinda glad people are hesitant to say she’s in but do agree that she has a very strong chance, as opposed to last year when all of the experts suddenly put her in their predictions. Putting my bias as a Selena fan aside, I unequivocally believe that she deserves the nomination and she is stronger than people think, however I do understand the discourse about a potential snub.

FYC:
    Only Murders in the Building: Outstanding Comedy Series
    Selena Gomez: Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
    Steve Martin, Martin Short: Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

The Handmaid's Tale: Outstanding Drama Series
    Elisabeth Moss: Lead Actress in a Drama Series
    Yvonne Strahovski: Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Solidarity with the WGA!

thewhitelotus
    Topics:

5th place is still good standing for a nod. Enthusiasm for the show seems to only be increasing, that could possibly manifest as Gomez picking up a nomination.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.