Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 467 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boomerang
kat_ebbs
Victor

• scarlett stan
    Topics:

Does anyone know if stuntmen/stuntwomen are apart of the performers branch or the choreography branch?

fair pay for writers.

It's Riley!
    Topics:

Despite the reception, I’d assume Temple is safe based on the fact that voters tend to max out nominations for their favorite shows rather than single candidates out, and Lasso is a darling.

Do you think voters will still max out their faves now that the unlimited ballot is gone this year? Maybe I’m giving Emmy voters too much credit, but I feel like most people will try to have more variety with their picks now that they can’t check off as many people as they want to.

FYC:

Comedy: Fair wages for writers

Drama: Fair wages for writers

Limited: Fair wages for writers

Heptapod
    Topics:

Do you think voters will still max out their faves now that the unlimited ballot is gone this year?

I think they will try to have a bit more variety. The days of 4+ in the same category are largely over (though I do suspect The White Lotus could still maybe pull it off…). However, I think series like Abbott, Ted Lasso, and The White Lotus (frontrunners with large ensembles) can still expect to get 2-3 representatives on most fans’ nomination ballots. With something like Abbott where all 3 of those slots in supporting actress will be going to the same people, I think it can still snag nods for the entire trio, but a category where there’s less consensus means it might be trouble getting multiple actors in, like The White Lotus in Supporting Actor, where beyond Abraham, there seems to be much less agreement on who the best/favorite man is. This is a situation where name prominence will probably end up being a significant advantage, like Imperioli being a previous Emmy winner against mostly previous unrecognized and non-awards-y names.

FYC: Bad Sisters (Anne-Marie Duff) Cunk on Earth (Diane Morgan), Fleishman Is in Trouble (Lizzy Caplan/Claire Danes), Industry (Marisa Abela/Myha'la Herrold), Physical (Rose Byrne), Poker Face (Ellen Barkin/Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Chloë Sevigny), The White Lotus (Sabrina Impacciatore)

thewhitelotus
    Topics:

My impression is that it’ll have the opposite of that desired affect, particularly in the acting categories but who knows.

If I were to make the rule change it would’ve been you must fill out your ballot for it to qualify because that would eliminate tactical voting method where you omit candidates to make your top choices even stronger.

Heptapod
    Topics:

My impression is that it’ll have the opposite of that desired affect, particularly in the acting categories but who knows.

I mean, sure you’ve got your Modern Familys and West Wings, but nominations like Sweeney for The White Lotus and Niles for Ted Lasso, for characters/performances that didn’t inspire much passion, didn’t happen as often before the unlimited ballot.

FYC: Bad Sisters (Anne-Marie Duff) Cunk on Earth (Diane Morgan), Fleishman Is in Trouble (Lizzy Caplan/Claire Danes), Industry (Marisa Abela/Myha'la Herrold), Physical (Rose Byrne), Poker Face (Ellen Barkin/Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Chloë Sevigny), The White Lotus (Sabrina Impacciatore)

It's Riley!
    Topics:

With something like Abbott where all 3 of those slots in supporting actress will be going to the same people, I think it can still snag nods for the entire trio, but a category where there’s less consensus means it might be trouble getting multiple actors in

Thanks for your insight! I’ve been having a hard time trying to decide if picks like Lisa Ann Walter were possible under the new system, but that’s a really good way of looking at things!

FYC:

It's Riley!
    Topics:

If I were to make the rule change it would’ve been you must fill out your ballot for it to qualify because that would eliminate tactical voting method where you omit candidates to make your top choices even stronger.

Idk, I feel like most voters aren’t really all that interested in trying to game the system like that.

FYC:

thewhitelotus
    Topics:

I also think the hogging issue stems from the combination of having a body of actively working voting members, and then overwhelming them with content to watch. Naturally they’re gonna choose from the shows they’ve seen

scarlett stan
    Topics:

Does anyone know if stuntmen/stuntwomen are apart of the performers branch or the choreography branch?

hello??

fair pay for writers.

It's Riley!
    Topics:

The fact that people didn’t answer probably means they didn’t know and didn’t wanna respond with just a “idk”.

But to answer your question, I just looked it up, and Stunts seems to be its own branch. There are separate categories for Stunt Coordination and Stunt Performer, which are voted on by members of the Stunt branch (the Directors branch apparently also votes for Stunt categories, but only for the final round of voting).

FYC:

Blaize
    Topics:

This is probably my current feeling on supporting actress:

Locks; Alex Borstein, Ayo Edebiri, Janelle James, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Hannah Waddingham

Probable; Sarah Goldberg, Juno Temple, Lisa Ann Walter

Possible; Jayne Houdyshell, Jessica Williams

Boomerang
    Topics:

Any chance Falco and Pesci get in the mix with Bupkis?

scarlett stan
    Topics:

The fact that people didn’t answer probably means they didn’t know and didn’t wanna respond with just a “idk”. But to answer your question, I just looked it up, and Stunts seems to be its own branch. There are separate categories for Stunt Coordination and Stunt Performer, which are voted on by members of the Stunt branch (the Directors branch apparently also votes for Stunt categories, but only for the final round of voting).

thank you!

fair pay for writers.

scarlett stan
    Topics:

Taraji P Henson to play Janine’s mom on Abbott!

fair pay for writers.

Evan
    Topics:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 467 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.