Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 473 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor

• Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we already know the 2023 Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series winner will be another white woman.

ReplyCopy URL

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Honey, we already know the 2023 Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series winner will be another white woman.

we literally just had a black winner? it shouldn’t be black every time just like it shouldn’t be white

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

smarter person
    Topics:

we literally just had a black winner? it shouldn’t be black every time just like it shouldn’t be white

Do you mean Sheryl in SUPPORTING? Cause Jean Smart is a white woman. 😭😭😭😭

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Had no idea Maya Erskine is white 😉

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Nuebert
    Topics:

omg I think that was the funniest Abbott episode to date 😭

ReplyCopy URL

smarter person
    Topics:

Do wonder if this adds more fuel to the fire that is S4 of Barry possibly being its last or if it does continue beyond S4, Hader is the sole showrunner going forward.

ETA: The article mentions that he’s still an exec producer on Barry!

‘Barry’ Co-Creator Alec Berg Inks Overall Deal With ABC Signature

ReplyCopy URL

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Jean is white ☠️

I’m literally dumb as hell. I was thinking Zendaya not even thinking genre. Damn that’s funny

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    2. The Fabelmans
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

After becoming the most-watched new comedy of the season when it debuted last year, “Ghosts” is back with an even bigger audience.

CBS’ hit single-cam brought in 6.15 million total viewers with Season 2 premiere “Spies” when it aired at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday night. Its main competition during that timeslot was “Law & Order: Organized Crime” on NBC, and “Ghosts” outdid it — “Organized Crime” posted 41% fewer viewers, coming in at 4.33 million.

Last night’s “Ghosts” viewership also marks an 11% increase from its series premiere in 2021, which was viewed by 5.55 million, and a 2.5% increase from its Season 1 finale in April, which reached 6 million viewers. In terms of key demo ratings, “Ghosts” posted a 0.5 among adults 18-49, keeping on par with the Season 1 finale and down just slightly from the Season 1 premiere’s 0.6.

(X)

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

(X)

It’s popular with both critics and audiences and is a Critics Choice nominee and two-time TCA nominee; I feel like it really could become an Emmy contender. The question is Abbott. Will Abbott’s success help it in a “Look! Network sitcoms are still good and we need to make room to recognize that!” or hurt it in a “We already have a network sitcom in the mix; we don’t need another.”? I do wonder…

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    2. The Fabelmans
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

Mare Sheehan
    Topics:

Ramy (Season 3) debuts with a score of 80 on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/ramy/season-3

Emmy and Academy Award Winner - Kate Winslet

ReplyCopy URL

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Ramy (Season 3) debuts with a score of 80 on Metacritic. https://www.metacritic.com/tv/ramy/season-3

Lower than I anticipated… If that’s accurate, there goes any chance it had for greater awards success

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    2. The Fabelmans
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s popular with both critics and audiences and is a Critics Choice nominee and two-time TCA nominee; I feel like it really could become an Emmy contender. The question is Abbott. Will Abbott’s success help it in a “Look! Network sitcoms are still good and we need to make room to recognize that!” or hurt it in a “We already have a network sitcom in the mix; we don’t need another.”? I do wonder…

To me the fact it’s pre-existing IP combined with the fact the cast whilst great have no history with the TV Academy (see also: Cobra Kai). She Hulk and Wednesday would need to be completely undeniable to get in and those are shows with cast the TV Academy has either nominated or awarded under this system.

ReplyCopy URL

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

To me the fact it’s pre-existing IP combined with the fact the cast whilst great have no history with the TV Academy (see also: Cobra Kai). She Hulk and Wednesday would need to be completely undeniable to get in and those are shows with cast the TV Academy has either nominated or awarded under this system.

I think the IP and cast arguments are really good, and that’s why I’m not predicting it currently. But if it were to get in, it would be because of the critical reception and passion overwhelming those two things

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    2. The Fabelmans
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think the IP and cast arguments are really good, and that’s why I’m not predicting it currently. But if it were to get in, it would be because of the critical reception and passion overwhelming those two things

I think it helps if the show can get big enough that it’s hard to ignore in the context of a particular field – for instance, Cobra Kai doesn’t currently seem like a contender but it was a completely logical choice when it was nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 473 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.