Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 459 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
22 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Victor

• adriandecker770
    Topics:

Possibly, it got a lot of buzz from critics and the audience so I think that will carry it, but the fact that it’s right at the start of the nomination period is certainly hurting it. I think this will manifest as it probably not winning any of its nominations; I can see something similar to Severance where it picks up a lot of noms and wins nothing.

ReplyCopy URL

Reis
    Topics:

Part of me thinks we are overestimating The Bear a bit, i don’t know why.

in drama they could do very wel, but comedy? not wanting to start a “new” conversation about it but The Bear don’t have any comedy element imo

ReplyCopy URL

Benjamonster86
    Topics:

. in drama they could do very wel, but comedy? not wanting to start a “new” conversation about it but The Bear don’t have any comedy element imo

Agreed. I think The Bear is a bigger category fraud than Dead to Me or Barry or Russian Doll or The Flight Attendant. All of those have clearly comedic moments even if there’s a ton of drama too. The Bear was a straight drama, just in half hour form. Not only is it more serious than any comedy contender, it’s more serious than some drama contenders like Succession and (for next year) The White Lotus.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

of those have clearly comedic moments even if there’s a ton of drama too. The Bear was a straight drama, just in half hour form.

Everything else even if I don’t find it funny I inherently understand how other people might. The Bear is great, but it’s not funny and I struggle to find an argument to suggest why it should be a comedy outside of it being a half hour.

ReplyCopy URL

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m in middle of a Bear rewatch and I have to agree with everyone. It being 30 mins is the only justification for it being Comedy. If it was an hour long show I have to imagine it would be moved to Drama as quickly as OITNB was.

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m in middle of a Bear rewatch and I have to agree with everyone. It being 30 mins is the only justification for it being Comedy. If it was an hour long show I have to imagine it would be moved to Drama as quickly as OITNB was.

I can see the actors branch not really caring, but I do think writing might. I will say to me most of the buzz feels quite centered around Jeremy Allen White and Ayo Edebiri and I can see a situation at years end where it’s whittled back to acting noms.

Additionally, I think a lot of it is…….it’s a HIT, but it’s not SO much of a hit it’s undeniable/unquestionable.

ReplyCopy URL

Victor
    Topics:

I think The Bear eps 4-6 were quite comical, but yeah, overall it’s a drama.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL

cobrakaifan
    Topics:

William  Zabka for lead actor! Hope this happens!

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Bad Sisters has moved from comedy to drama in the Globes and SAG predictions centre. Oh well.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

TVFan365
    Topics:

Hiam Abbass deserves Emmy recognition for her work in season 3 of Ramy. She was freaking incredible!

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Hiam Abbass is so great in both Ramy and Succession, I’m glad she’s still getting a large role in Ramy after mostly vanishing for Succession Season 3. I haven’t seen the new Ramy season but she was fantastic in her standalone episode in Season 2.

ReplyCopy URL

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Minx has started filming Season 2: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjWCCGwv9NW/

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Not surprised it didn’t get any nominations but I was pleasantly surprised by Minx Season 1, I’m looking forward to it.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

This week’s episode of Abbott– she’s coming!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Jaket1991
    Topics:

Minx season 1 was one of the most consistently great debut shows. Season 2 needs a bigger presence and push

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.