Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 2)

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hello Tomorrow! with Billy Crudup is coming February 17, and although it was initially described as a comedy, it now seems to be listed by Apple as a drama (https://tv.apple.com/us/show/hello-tomorrow/umc.cmc.6lknbhv5dcfx8lfe8ghqmy4ma) – I wonder how long the episodes are.

Shrinking feels like a more obvious comedy play.

Victor
    Topics:

Kindred debuts with a 76 MC Scores

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/kindred/season-1

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

wolfali
    Topics:

The Nielsen ratings for The Crown‘s debut week are out:

2.127 billion is a sharp drop from the 3.36 billion minutes from season 4’s debut in the middle of the pandemic although the THR article from the time notes that a third of the minutes streamed then were for season 1.

The Handmaid’s Tale and Andor remained around the same range in previous weeks of their respective seasons with the former amassing 520 million minutes based on 56 episodes and the latter amassing 420 million based on 10.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

2.127 billion is a sharp drop from the 3.36 billion minutes from season 4’s debut in the middle of the pandemic although the THR article from the time notes that a third of the minutes streamed then were for season 1.

I think in terms of The Crown you can make the argument it’s just long-tailing and maybe people burnt themselves out on royal content when the Queen died.

Despite the Lower hours it’s still going to end up being on the Netflix US chart for five weeks (it’s sitting at 10 now) and it could easily go six or seven in the UK because it’s still number 3.

If that Harry and Meghan special that just debuted can’t knock Wednesday off (which is now into week 3) at least in the UK on FlixPatrol on debut that would also probably support a theory that there’s reduced immediacy.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

I don’t necessarily think it matters (Julia Garner has won three Emmys with a pretty small IG following an actress her age) but I will say I do think one of the problems might be that they’re all rather close in age and it’s not necessarily clear the one or the other has grabbed a particular demo.

yeah, garner was obviously the pick from her show. and hotd given the much bigger hit got as a parent, has a franchise history of 0 non-peter-dinklage wins.

Onion
    Topics:

Kindred debuts with a 76 MC Scores

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/kindred/season-1

I thought this was going to be a limited series

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I thought this was going to be a limited series

Nope. The marketing is really terrible for a drama.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.