Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Only one can win anyway, I think HBO will be pretty fine with having 3 Series nominees with all of them only helping them max out in overall nominations.

fair enough, i just feel sad for the last of us might losing everything for sucession.

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

fair enough, i just feel sad for the last of us might losing everything for sucession.

The creators already expressed that they’re planning for multiple seasons , that they might do as much as eight and it’s definitely going to be watched and therefore renewed by HBO .

So the show will surely have other chances at the Emmys and losing isn’t bad as long it’s for Succession.

Couverture
    Topics:

Doubt Succession is going to be that dominant, even if it does repeat in series. We already saw this at the Emmys. And the two categories that The Last of Us looks to have the best shot at (Lead Actor and Directing) were already lost by Succession this year.

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

Victor
    Topics:

The Rings of Power Is No. 1 in Debut Atop Nielsen Top 10 Streaming Chart

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

alittle03
    Topics:

Yeah, I don’t think Succession will ever win Lead Actor again if I’m being frank, besides perhaps on its final season. I imagine Strong and Cox will just keep vote-splitting. There’s an overflow of hype for Pascal and his performance following the release of the The Last of Us trailer, so I’m thinking the win for the category is between himself and Bob Odenkirk, who’s contending with a final season narrative and will most likely do well at the winter awards. As much as I like Succession, I don’t know if I see it racking up wins this cycle.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

As much as I like Succession, I don’t know if I see it racking up wins this cycle.

I love Succession too but I also think the likelihood it has a little bit of turn against it hype wise for 4 is quite likely. That’s not a knock on Succession, it happens to everything.

wolfali
    Topics:

With regards to Yellowjackets

Nevins also underscored the network’s confidence in the show’s upcoming sophomore season, indicating that it would premiere sometime in early 2023.

(X)

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

I love Succession too but I also think the likelihood it has a little bit of turn against it hype wise for 4 is quite likely. That’s not a knock on Succession, it happens to everything.

succession and crown both going down

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Rings of Power Is No. 1 in Debut Atop Nielsen Top 10 Streaming Chart

For what it’s worth TRoP does still look stronger at this stage than The Boys.

I wrote a big breakdown but at the end of the day: unlikely to meet GoT. Probably 4th of the 4 genre shows that release at the same time.(aka Prime, Netflix, Disney, HBO).

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

I don’t see a reason for Succession to go down even if the quality drops a little and it’s still HBO number 1 priority because if they thought any other show could win them drama series they wouldn’t rush succession for this emmy cicle .

As for the crown , I thought it was lucky for season 4 being in a weak year but with all what’s going on I could see season 5 performing well in nominations and most likely taking lead actress home.

AMG
    Topics:

Game. Of. Thrones.

Critical reaction dipped but it still reigned victorious.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

forwardswill
    Topics:

The Crown has the benefit of always having been liked more by the industry than the critics so any drop if it did happen would likely not affect it if audiences were still hooked. Succession is a different story but saying that I think critics will hold their obsession there until it finishes.

wolfali
    Topics:

It would be retrospectively hilarious if after all of these debates over which of The Crown and Succession will win if something else comes out of nowhere and beats them to the punch lol.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It would be hilarious if after all of these debates over which of The Crown and Succession will win if something else comes out of nowhere and beats them to the punch lol.

I love it though. This time last year Yellowjackets wasn’t on our radar and half the forum was all-in on The Gilded Age and I don’t think we’d even clocked that Squid Game could be an Emmy contender, it was like two weeks old.

(To our credit we had an inkling on Severance).

Victor
    Topics:

Succession is a different story but saying that I think critics will hold their obsession there until it finishes.

As they should

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.