Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• wolfali
    Topics:

Me to Emmy voters when they snub Christine Baranski and Alan Cumming after their performances in this week’s episode of The Good Fight:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

estrelas
    Topics:

succession and crown both going down

And both will still outperform your fav. 👏🏼

methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s kind of surprising how buzzless THT is this year compared to last.. I feel like no one is talking about it.

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I love it though. This time last year Yellowjackets wasn’t on our radar and half the forum was all-in on The Gilded Age and I don’t think we’d even clocked that Squid Game could be an Emmy contender, it was like two weeks old. (To our credit we had an inkling on Severance).

And amazing it still managed a win despite whimpering out

wolfali
    Topics:

It’s kind of surprising how buzzless THT is this year compared to last.. I feel like no one is talking about it.

The season 4 premiere had 1 billion minutes streamed when it was released and was 2nd on the Nielsen charts. We won’t get stats on this season’s premiere for another two weeks but I would be stunned if it matches that…

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Reis
    Topics:

The season 4 premiere had 1 billion minutes streamed when it was released

1 billion minutes streamed it’s for all seasons plus the premiere of season 4 (3 episodes)

wolfali
    Topics:

1 billion minutes streamed it’s for all seasons plus the premiere of season 4 (3 episodes)

It didn’t chart at all the preceding week though so a bulk of the billion minutes that were streamed were probably for the three episodes of season 4 that were released.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It didn’t chart at all the preceding week though so a bulk of the billion minutes that were streamed were probably for the three episodes of season 4 that were released.

That said, in Australia………maybe it’s just one of those shows that goes quiet once its audience has solidified (28 day rolling streaming)  image

fvg627
    Topics:

I don’t understand the narrative about Succession going down… It won every single primetime award that it didn’t have a vote split for, and managed a triple vote split win. It could easily add directing and Snook next year with Squid Game and Garner out of the picture. (Assuming the Crown also has multiple directing nominees)

Couverture
    Topics:

I don’t see a reason for Succession to go down even if the quality drops a little and it’s still HBO number 1 priority because if they thought any other show could win them drama series they wouldn’t rush succession for this emmy cicle

Who says they are rushing it?

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

Thiago
    Topics:

Succession was more of a critics thing for it’s first season,
    but, once the industry caught up wit it, the series became a everyones thing. It literally just won every industry award out there.

Even when they went head to head, The Crown couldn’t win anything over Sucession at the Emmys and other industry awards, except for SAG, which clearly hadn’t caught up with Succession yet.

Also I don’t see the queen’s death drawing votes for the series, since, in general, the royals are not painted on a good light in it and that probably won’t change, especially this upcoming season, with they focusing on the whole Diana mess, leading up to her death.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

And both will still outperform your fav. 👏🏼

replace male with white and looks like you could get your dream come true. go you.

OhDearKarma
    Topics:

I might be in the wrong here but I think both Mily Alcock & Emma D’arcy should be submitted in lead and everyone else in supporting including Paddy & Matt, at least for this season. For next season Emma, Olivia & Matt in lead makes sense.

Also I hope Christine Baranski & Audra MccDonald get their overdue nominations for The Good Fight this year

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

replace male with white and looks like you could get your dream come true. go you.

While the crown is based on a true story and Succession is about a family of narcissists and racists and sexists and homophobics  , I think an all white cast works perfectly for both of them .

I don’t understand what you could possibly achieve by trying to cancel shows with great content because of the lack of diversity in their casts .

Jaket1991
    Topics:

Industry is the best show on tv and it being overlooked is criminal

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.