Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• Brayfers
    Topics:

House of the Dragon 2023:

• Drama Series
    • Drama Supporting Actor: Matt Smith
    • Drama Supporting Actor: Paddy Considine
    • Drama Supporting Actress: Olivia Cooke
    • Drama Supporting Actress: Milly Alcock
    • Drama Writing: Driftmark
    • Drama Directing: Driftmark

Creative Arts:

• Casting
    • Cinematography
    • Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
    • Hairstyling
    • Main Title Design
    • Makeup
    • Music Composition
    • Production Design
    • Prosthetic Makeup
    • Picture Editing
    • Picture Editing
    • Sound Editing
    • Sound Mixing
    • Special Visual Effects
    • Stunt Coordination

TOTAL: 22

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

OhDearKarma
    Topics:

Drama Series
    (Assuming The White Lotus Sicily stays in Limited)

Succession
    The Crown
    House Of The Dragons
    The Boys
    Better Call Saul
    The Last Of Us
    Yellowjackets

Drama Lead Actress

Imelda Staunton, The Crown
    Elizabeth Debicki, The Crown
    Emma D’Arcy, House Of The Dragons
    Elizabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Bella Ramsay, The Last Of Us
    Melanie Lynskey, Yellowjackets

Drama Lead Actor

Dominic West, The Crown
    Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    Antony Starr, The Boys
    Pedro Pascal, The Last Of Us
    Brian Cox, Succession
    Jeremy Strong, Succession

Drama Supp Actress

Yvonne Stravoski, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Ann Dowd, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Olivia Cooke, House Of The Dragons
    Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets
    Olivia Williams, The Crown
    Sarah Snook, Succession
    J Smith Cameron, Succession
    Samira Wiley, The Handmaids Tale

Drama Supp Actor

Matthew MacFayden, Succession
    Kieran Culkin, Succession
    O-T Fagbenle, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Bradley Whitford, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Jonathan Pryce, The Crown
    Paddy Considine, House Of The Dragons
    Matt Smith, House Of The Dragons
    Nicholas Braun, Succession

Upsets

The Handmaids Tale, The Mandelorian im Series

Christine Baranski, Diego Luna, Mily Alcock in lead

Lesley Manville, Audra McDonald, Nick Offerman, Rhys Ifans in Supporting

DeweyFinn
    Topics:

This year is an embarrasment of riches in this category, espeically for genre entertainement. That one can make a prediction with 4 genre shows on it and still miss The Mandalorian, Andor & Rings of Power shows how competitive this year truely is.

I kind of feel bad for Andor, it seems to be a show everyone who sees it really likes and a show that has amazing acting performances from everyone (Andor could probably just fill up the entire guest actor categories, and we’re only at episode 4) and is technically really well crafted, yet will probably be entirely ignored. It’s weird how there is no awards buzz for it despite it being very highly rated (on many sites almost equal or higher than HOTD). Strange. Atleast to me (Someone who very much enjoys the show).

wolfali
    Topics:

It’s Peacock but jesus that is one hell of a cast.

In addition to Lyonne, the trio join previously announced cast Adrien Brody, Angel Desai, Audrey Corsa, Benjamin Bratt, Brandon Michael Hall, Charles Melton, Cherry Jones, Chloë Sevigny, Clea DuVall, Colton Ryan, Danielle MacDonald, Dascha Polanco, Ellen Barkin, Hong Chau, Jasmine Aiyana Garvin, Jameela Jamil, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Judith Light, Leslie Silva, Lil Rel Howery, Luis Guzmán, Megan Suri, Niall Cunningham, Nicholas Cirillo, Nick Nolte, Reed Birney, Ron Perlman, S. Epatha Merkerson, Shane Paul McGhie, Simon Helberg, Stephanie Hsu, Tim Blake Nelson and Tim Meadows.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

adriandecker770
    Topics:

And Rian Johnson for showrunner? I’m pretty sure he’s been gone from TV for a while. I’ll be looking forward to this, Peacock has really been struggling but they are occasionally able to come up with some interesting stuff. Wonder if the huge cast will enable them to finally break into the Emmys.

Onion
    Topics:

I feel like Peacock is not giving up anytime soon so I hope someday they are able to get some serious recognition to avenge the girls5eva snubs.

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Girls5eva really burns, there’s no reason I can think of it couldn’t pick up some nominations beyond “it’s on peacock and we don’t like peacock.” I’m sure it doesn’t have a chance but I also really liked The Resort and would like to see it get some recognition.

(btw love the Steven Universe pfp)

MichelleReign
    Topics:

Stephanie Hsu

helv606
    Topics:

And Rian Johnson for showrunner? I’m pretty sure he’s been gone from TV for a while. I’ll be looking forward to this, Peacock has really been struggling but they are occasionally able to come up with some interesting stuff. Wonder if the huge cast will enable them to finally break into the Emmys.

Poker Face is being called an “anthology like series” aka a fancy way of referring to a procedural, expect the majority of the cast members to be in a single episode. If Rian Johnson and Natasha Lyonne are in fact doing a 2022 take on Columbo, Lyonne for Best Actress and ten possible Guest Acting nominees if Poker Face follows the Columbo template.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Girls5eva really burns, there’s no reason I can think of it couldn’t pick up some nominations beyond “it’s on peacock and we don’t like peacock.” I’m sure it doesn’t have a chance but I also really liked The Resort and would like to see it get some recognition.

I don’t necessarily think they hate Peacock (Girls5Eva did get a writing nomination ATL for S1), I just think the majority of stuff on Peacock is not well seen. The only really clear bias I can see is against Starz, and probably Paramount+ although they’ve only really upped their subscribers in the last twelve months.

wolfali
    Topics:

If Rian Johnson and Natasha Lyonne are in fact doing a 2022 take on Columbo

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I don’t necessarily think they hate Peacock (Girls5Eva did get a writing nomination ATL for S1), I just think the majority of stuff on Peacock is not well seen. The only really clear bias I can see is against Starz, and probably Paramount+ although they’ve only really upped their subscribers in the last twelve months.

Me crying because the Frasers can’t get their due:

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Me crying because the Frasers can’t get their due:

In all seriousness (not necessarily relating to Outlander) what is their issue with Starz? I’m too many thousand kilometres away to know if there is a particular reason for their disaffection with the network?

wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think there’s any bias towards Paramount+ or Starz. I just think it’s more that it’s impossible for any working actor to watch shows on every streaming service or cable network never mind be subscribed to all of them. I mean if TV lovers like ourselves can’t watch every show and can’t afford to subscribe to every streaming service why would members of the Television Academy be able to?

I love television more than most people but I wouldn’t choose to subscribe to a new streaming service to watch a show that I probably wouldn’t be able to talk about or recommend to anyone else irl over paying my heating and electricity bills.

Tjuz
    Topics:

I feel like Peacock is not giving up anytime soon so I hope someday they are able to get some serious recognition to avenge the girls5eva snubs.

Peacock does have some really interesting stuff in the pipeline. Mrs. Davis, Based on a True Story and Hysteria! all sound like very promising projects to me. Definitely a glow-up from whatever this second half of 2022 was for them. Last Light? Friend of the Family? Bumper in Berlin? What lmfao

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.