Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

It pains me to say it, but if our two fantasy series continue the way they’ve been going, I hope they don’t make it

Which shows are you referring to ?

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Before anyone jumps at me, I love The Crown but I have this feeling that critics may turn on it this season.

I have a funny feeling if the critics don’t, the press will.

I also think people need to keep in mind that age-up and cast will very likely mean that it’s not going to blow up social like S4 did so it really needs to be exceptional. 

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

I have a funny feeling if the critics don’t, the press will. I also think people need to keep in mind that age-up and cast will very likely mean that it’s not going to blow up social like S4 did so it really needs to be exceptional.

I have a feeling that Debicki will have a bigger role this season than Staunton .

DeweyFinn
    Topics:

With a lot of people praising the acting in Andor, how big are the chances for that show to get a lot of nominations above the line? Can Diego Luna break into the Best Actor category if he keeps it up, or is that just very unlikely? What about people like Skarsgard, Soller & Arjona in Supporting? It seems likely that the show could garner a lot of awards attention from it’s quality, but it isn’t really so far. Are there reason for it?

Couverture
    Topics:

The draw for the twitter crowd has always been Diana so I don’t think S5 is at any disadvantage here. It’s her 90s era that’s the most well known, evident by no other show getting this much attention over simple set pics. The renewed interest in the monarchy helps as well.

The rest of the cast itself has never been a major factor and Debicki looks like someone that these people will eat up. She is very charismatic after all and has a movie star vibe that’s hard to come across these days. Hopefully this proves to be a major breakthrough for her. She has been on the verge of having one for quite some time now.

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

With a lot of people praising the acting in Andor, how big are the chances for that show to get a lot of nominations above the line? Can Diego Luna break into the Best Actor category if he keeps it up, or is that just very unlikely? What about people like Skarsgard, Soller & Arjona in Supporting? It seems likely that the show could garner a lot of awards attention from it’s quality, but it isn’t really so far. Are there reason for it?

Hmmm. There’s almost certainly a finite number of spots for genre shows (at a stretch, maybe three of eight spots) It’s fairly unlikely two Star Wars shows would happen and voters are lazy so there would need to be a compelling reason to switch.

If Luna can get in somewhere at Winter and Andor is the clear Disney preference BTL that’s plausible , but it would need a lot of things to go right, including The Mandalorian severely underdelivering.  Under the current system supporting contenders would probably need to be win-competitive to get in without a lead performance so everyone else is dependent on Diego.

Luna has been nominated for CCA before (for Narcos: Mexico) and there is a chance the Globes (whose new list has a lot of Latin American voters) go for him, so it’s not impossible, but the show is not as broad as The Mandalorian so it will be a challenge.

If the voting body categorically deny TRoP like they did The Wheel of Time then that opens up more spots in techs which will help the show overall.

Jays
    Topics:

is it just me or was the show operating on succession level greatness in the last 3 episodes?

Yes, I said this too! The finale, in particular, felt very much like a Succession finale. It was so good.

Herrold and Abela really deserve to happen in lead and supporting even though they won’t. I just hope HBO renews it for a third season. If they don’t, I’m going to need Herrold and Abela to nab some big roles in TV and film. They’re both so talented. Hopefully Abela does that Amy Winehouse biopic she’s rumored to be the first choice for.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hopefully Abela does that Amy Winehouse biopic she’s rumored to be the first choice for.

How did I miss that? That’s really cool.

Jays
    Topics:

How did I miss that? That’s really cool.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/industry-marisa-abela-amy-winehouse-studiocanal-back-in-black-1235080001/amp/

I have biopic fatigue but I really hope it happens for her because she’s a star

Victor
    Topics:

It pains me to say it, but if our two fantasy series continue the way they’ve been going, I hope they don’t make it

Yeah I’m very underwhelmed by both, House of the Dragon is the better one tho.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah I’m very underwhelmed by both, House of the Dragon is the better one tho.

I think HoTD is going to get in but be kind of weak. It feels more a big commercial success than something the industry is falling over themselves for?

AMG
    Topics:

Personal nominees so far

Drama Series
    Bad Sisters
    For All Mankind
    House of the Dragon
    The Rings of Power

Lead Actress
    Morfydd Clark – The Rings of Power
    Anne-Marie Duff – Bad Sisters
    Sharon Horgan – Bad Sisters
    Shantel VanSanten – For All Mankind

Lead Actor
    Paddy Considine – House of the Dragon
    Joel Kinnaman – For All Mankind

Supporting Actress
    Cynthia Addai-Robinson – The Rings of Power
    Milly Alcock – House of the Dragon
    Jodi Balfour – For All Mankind
    Eva Birthistle – Bad Sisters
    Ayo Edebiri – The Bear
    Sarah Greene – Bad Sisters
    Krys Marshall – For All Mankind
    Wrenn Schmidt – For All Mankind

Supporting Actor
    Claes Bang – Bad Sisters
    Nate Corddry – For All Mankind
    Ismael Cruz Cordova – The Rings of Power
    Edi Gathegi – For All Mankind
    Casey W Johnson – For All Mankind
    Daryl McCormack – Bad Sisters
    Matt Smith – House of the Dragon
    Charlie Vickers – The Rings of Power

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ejaru1810
    Topics:

House of Dragon is giving me Mandalorian S1 vibes, tons of tech support and Drama Series being it’s only atl nomination.

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

House of Dragon is giving me Mandalorian S1 vibes, tons of tech support and Drama Series being it’s only atl nomination.

I think they can score a directing nom and at least one for acting.

Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I think that TWL the new Fargo and ACS/AHS is!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.