Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• alittle03
    Topics:

Snook said it’s time for the Academy to get serious and give her the Emmy.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Victor
    Topics:

The score, THE SCORE is UNBEATABLE. THIS FUCKING SHOW HAS ME ON THE PALM OF THEIR HAND AND THEY KNOW IT

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s her time.

marty
    Topics:

Brian Cox is coming for blood I fear

ejaru1810
    Topics:

The teasers giving us a lot of Logan are giving me life. I need Brian to win once before the show is over. Sarah’s face in the end makes me hopeful her material will be terrific and make her the frontrunner once the show drops.

Succession is coming strong as the incumbent winner while The Crown pulled off an historic sweep the last time it was elegible. This is gonna be a battle for the ages.

To all the other contenders, thank you for participating.

Reis
    Topics:

HBO having House of the Dragon, White Lotus, His Dark Materials, The Last of Us, Succession, Barry, Hacks back to back its insane we love our it girl

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Now that the first season of House of the Dragon has come to an end, if I had to make a guess, and assuming the entire cast will be submitted as Supporting (Chris said he will confirm this week), I think the show will (probably) be nominated in:

– Drama Series

– Supporting Actor (Paddy Considine, Matt Smith)

– Supporting Actress (Olivia Cooke)

– Directing (Miguel Sapochnik, “The Heirs of the Dragon”)

– Writing (Ryan Condal, “The Black Queen”)

As for Supporting Actress, I know Emma D’Arcy and Milly Alcock are great and would be deserved too, but with the fierce competition we’ll have (The Crown, Succession, The Handmaids Tale, Westworld, maybe Yellowjackets), I can’t imagine more than one actress from House of the Dragon being nominated in this category, unless the industry really loved the series (we’ll find out at the winter awards). At the moment, I bet on Cooke because it seems to me the most likely option. In Supporting Actor, I can imagine Considine and Smith being nominated together because the former received unanimous acclaim while the latter benefits from already being nominated for The Crown.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

The teasers giving us a lot of Logan are giving me life. I need Brian to win once before the show is over. Sarah’s face in the end makes me hopeful her material will be terrific and make her the frontrunner once the show drops. Succession is coming strong as the incumbent winner while The Crown pulled off an historic sweep the last time it was elegible. This is gonna be a battle for the ages. To all the other contenders, thank you for participating.

and then both rich white families lose, whew.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

, I can’t imagine more than one actress from House of the Dragon being nominated in this category, unless the industry really loved the series (we’ll find out at the winter awards).

I find that really hard to tell. It’s clear it’s a hit, but for such a big hit I don’t necessarily feel like there’s significant visible levels of industry interest.

antony
    Topics:

soltseven
    Topics:

They should put Considine in Lead to guarantee a nod for Smith in Supporting.

I preferred Alcock’s performance over D’Arcy and Cooke’s  but I’m not sure about where I’d place all of them.

Is Alcock eligible for Guest? They could try to make D’arcy happen in Lead and Cooke in Supporting.

sick, married and might be dying

ejaru1810
    Topics:

If I’m not wrong, and someone please correct me in case I am because i haven’t finished the show, D’Arcy, Alcock and Carey are elegible for Supporting, all of them were in 5/10 episodes. Cooke was in only 4, which makes her Guest elegible.

Ryan
    Topics:

Even if certain actors are eligible for guest, if they’re someone who had such a prominent role like Cooke or D’Arcy – would you even want them to go guest?

Personally, I wouldn’t. I’m not looking down on the guest categories by any means but it sort of diminishes how grand a presence both Cooke and D’Arcy were on screen even when they weren’t the focus – in every episode they appeared in.

At the end of the day they just don’t feel like guests to me and submitting them in that category, even if they are eligible, seems off.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Even if certain actors are eligible for guest, if they’re someone who had such a prominent role like Cooke or D’Arcy – would you even want them to go guest? Personally, I wouldn’t. I’m not looking down on the guest categories by any means but it sort of diminishes how grand a presence both Cooke and D’Arcy were on screen even when they weren’t the focus – in every episode they appeared in. At the end of the day they just don’t feel like guests to me and submitting them in that category, even if they are eligible, seems off.

Yeah I really have a problem with star-billed series regulars submitting as guests. I sure hope Cooke doesn’t (I don’t think she will).

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Banshees of Inisherin
    3. The Fabelmans
    4. Avatar: The Way of Water
    5. All Quiet on the Western Front
    6. The Batman
    7. TÁR
    8. Top Gun: Maverick
    9. Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
    10. Women Talking

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Even if certain actors are eligible for guest, if they’re someone who had such a prominent role like Cooke or D’Arcy – would you even want them to go guest?

I suppose the argument is she’s win competitive in guest?

I think they should wait and see how she goes at winter. SAG or Globes weren’t friendly to GoT women, but Clarke, Headey and Christie all got in at CCA over the years, so if she’s competitive, that should be realistic.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.