Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 496 through 505 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• Jays
    Topics:

I need Emma D’Arcy to be nominated and win. They are so underrated here and I find them better than Cooke and Alcock. Also their episode is the finale, possibly the writing submission and the most baity episode for an actor out of everyone (Considine’s episode 8 comes second place). Their character suffers loss in a lot of ways, betrayal and gets crowned in a very emotional scene. They cry, they yell, they get choked and have the craziest birth scene I’ve ever seen on television. They also play the lead character (now for the rest of the show) much more beloved by fans than Cooke’s character. Underestimate them at your own peril.

Yeah, I thought D’Arcy was the best too. For me, it’s D’Arcy > Alcock > Cooke > Carey for the Rhaenyras and Alicents.

I’m sure HOTD will pick up a few acting nominations but I don’t see anyone being win competitive. Especially since The Crown and Succession will be competing in the same categories.

wolfali
    Topics:

I think Considine stands a solid chance depending on what the make up of the field is in the end. There seems to be a lot of passion for his performance and he feels like the type of overdue character actor this category has been gravitating towards under this system. Admittedly though the same could have been said about John Turturro this year and he still lost to Macfadyen so I guess we’ll just have to see whether Matthew’s still strong enough to overcome a vote-split or if Pryce has enough passion to win.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Industry renewed for 3rd season .

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

That didn’t feel like a sure thing so that’s good news.

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Holy shirtballs.

Was mentally preparing for a cancellation since S2 didn’t really break out for either HBO or BBC.

Victor
    Topics:

HBO (the network, not the streaming) barely cancel anything without a proper ending.
    You have to be a real flop like The Time Travelers Wife.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

wolfali
    Topics:

HBO (the network, not the streaming) barely cancel anything without a proper ending.

If only they did this with Gentleman Jack instead of cancelling it 😭😭😭.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Industry’s linear ratings were 1/3 of The Time Travelers Wife though.

It must have been doing better on Max.

Victor
    Topics:

Industry’s linear ratings were 1/3 of The Time Travelers Wife though.

It must have been doing better on Max.

Industry is critical acclaimed tho, and HBO loves it’s smaller acclaimed shows
    The Time Travelers was not only a flop but a bomb critically.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst it’s no Succession by any means Industry broke through in quite a significant way in online chatter this year (compared to last season where it felt like no one outside of a site like this was talking about it) and I think its renewal news reflects that. I also imagine it’s also generating quite a strong international revenue stream for HBO and the BBC even if it’s not necessarily setting the US and UK on fire which is something that sometimes impacts renewal decisions like this (although the same could be said for quite a few of the show’s HBO cancelled in the past few months post the Discovery merger so Industry probably really did just dodge a bullet).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 496 through 505 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.