Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• ejaru1810
    Topics:
    L@br@dor wrote:

how in hell was Melanie Lynskey the one singled out as lead and people even considered her to be win competitive ??? In my opinion, Tawny Cypress is leagues better with a more compelling story arc.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They can submit wherever they wish because it’s a Netflix original production and multiple shows have recently shifted from international to prime-time (both This Way Up and Back to Life are Hulu and Showtime UK co-productions that dipped in at the former but were on the ballot for the latter this year, with the latter even getting an International Emmy nomination for its first season).

Ah, interesting. I am kind of unclear on what they’ll focus on. I have a suspicion outside of The Crown, Netflix will probably need to go a bit hodge-podge with their submissions in drama. Sy does feel more feasible at this stage than most of their other non-Crown options.

wolfali
    Topics:

Ah, interesting. I am kind of unclear on what they’ll focus on. I have a suspicion outside of The Crown, Netflix will probably need to go a bit hodge-podge with their submissions in drama. Sy does feel more feasible at this stage than most of their other non-Crown options.

I really do think 1899 could be a contender in waiting but it really feels hard to predict something like it sight unseen. Especially in a field as competitive as this one.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

L@br@dor
    Topics:

She wasn’t submitted as a sole lead – they submitted Lynskey, Cypress, Ricci and Lewis in lead initially, and Ricci requested to be run in supporting (which was ultimately a very good decision). The younger actresses were also run in supporting.

i didn’t mean she was the only one submitted, I meant how could she have been the standout ? To the point of being ahead of Laura Linney ? It seems the perceived notion of “narrative” has a huge impact, thankfully this time around it didn’t prevail. I’m glad the “supporting actress” in the best actress lineup that had more to do dramatically ended up winning.

Chunky Dory
    Topics:

I hope Starz campaigns and they push J. Alphonse Nicholson for Supporting Actor in P Valley.

Mare Sheehan
    Topics:

Emmy and Academy Award Winner - Kate Winslet

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The race for Supporting Actress will be a bloodbath, won’t it? Just to recap some of the top contenders (and assuming Succession and Yellowjackets return in time):

1. Ann Dowd (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    2. Madeline Brewer (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    3. Samira Wiley (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    4. Yvonne Strahovski (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    5. Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul)
    6. Sarah Snook (Succession)
    7. J. Smith-Cameron (Succession)
    8. Christina Ricci (Yellowjackets)
    9. Thandiwe Newton (Westworld)
    10. Lesley Manville (The Crown)
    11. Olivia Williams (The Crown)
    12. Olivia Cooke (House of the Dragon)
    13. Emma D’Arcy (House of the Dragon)
    14. Milly Alcock (House of the Dragon)
    15. Tessa Thompson (Westworld)

Maybe McKenna Grace too if she appears in more than four episodes this season of The Handmaid’s Tale.

Someone else?

Gajo
    Topics:

Juliette Lewis was my favorite from the three Yellowjackets leads but all of them did amazingly nuanced work. All were much better than our actual winner. Laura Linney would have my vote though since she was robbed the last time as well.

Shame the academy still doesn’t have the guts to award complicated characters like Wendy Byrde and Shiv Roy. Someday maybe.

wolfali
    Topics:

Someone else?

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor
    Topics:

Shame the academy still doesn’t have the guts to award complicated characters like Wendy Byrde and Shiv Roy. Someday maybe.

Wendy Byrde and Shiv Roy are just recent examples

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Miossid
    Topics:

Someone else?

Maybe Jasmin Savoy Brown from Yellowjackets? She is the standout from the young cast. Also Jennifer Coolidge and the rest of the female cast, if The White Lotus goes drama.

wolfali
    Topics:

Wendy Byrde and Shiv Roy are just recent examples

Me whenever anyone reminds me that Hendricks never won an Emmy for Mad Men:

Miossid
    Topics:

I know she has 0% chance, but I would love Karen Fukuhara from The Boys nominated in Supporting Actress. She is great as Kimiko and a nomination would be 100% deserved.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

wolfali
    Topics:

‘Anne Rice’s Interview With The Vampire’ Renewed For Season 2 By AMC Ahead of Premiere

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.