Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• alittle03
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2022/09/anne-rices-interview-with-the-vampire-renewed-season-2-1235128986/embed/#?secret=vkaAyySgZZ#?secret=znzrJw4G6u

LOL that was fast! This makes me even more confident in its quality.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

wolfali
    Topics:

LOL that was fast! This makes me even more confident in its quality.

They must have a lot of confidence in it being some sort of commercial hit for them too. AMC rarely renew shows off the bat never mind before they’ve even premiered.

Interesting tidbit at the end of the article:

Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches, starring Alexandra Daddario, Jack Huston, Tongayi Chirisa and Harry Hamlin and executive produced by Johnson, Showrunner Esta Spalding (Masters of Sex), Writer Michelle Ashford (Masters of Sex), Director Michael Uppendahl and Jeff Freilich, is set to debut in January.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

nkb325
    Topics:

Hm yea the last time they did something like this was with Killing Eve (technically that was BBC America ofc, but same parent company) and we all saw how that turned out. I still think the show is a little too genre, even if it is a critical and audience hit, to get much traction at the emmy’s, but if it becomes a real monster hit like the past AMC emmy’s successes, rather than just a hit by AMC standards, then who knows.

fvg627
    Topics:

Does anyone think it’s possible that Emma d’arcy and Olivia Cooke could go lead? I mean possible, not correct. I know it would be pretty strange since they’re only in half of the episodes, but if the last episode was any indication, they really feel like the true leads at this point, whereas the younger versions always seemed supporting. It would still be fraud of course, but since lead actress seems thin and Succession has no leads, HBO might consider it?

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

They also renewed Beacon 23 starring Lena Heady and the first season is still in post-production .

Victor
    Topics:

Does anyone think it’s possible that Emma d’arcy and Olivia Cooke could go lead? I mean possible, not correct. I know it would be pretty strange since they’re only in half of the episodes, but if the last episode was any indication, they really feel like the true leads at this point, whereas the younger versions always seemed supporting. It would still be fraud of course, but since lead actress seems thin and Succession has no leads, HBO might consider it?

They should just bump Snook to lead, she’s no less of a lead than Jeremy Strong is. I don’t think they’re frauding her with the Supporting placement but her arcs have become way more dominant in the show than ever.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Possibly, but I don’t know. Cooke makes sense but D’Arcy is a virtual unknown and they tend to not do very well in lead actress (see also Britt Lower). I think I’d want to wait til the end of the season to see if one performance surges ahead. They’ll also likely need to submit Best.

nkb325
    Topics:

Golden Globes officially add new supporting categories! There will now be separate drama/comedy/musical and limited series/movie supporting acting categories, still broken up by gender. Interesting to see how this will affect emmy campaigning with now double the chances for a nomination/win

https://variety.com/2022/awards/awards/golden-globes-supporting-tv-categories-awards-calendar-1235386871/

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They should just bump Snook to lead, she’s no less of a lead than Jeremy Strong is. I don’t think they’re frauding her with the Supporting placement but her arcs have become way more dominant in the show than ever.

I think she would probably get nominated either way (and still not win unfortunately).

wolfali
    Topics:

HBO already have Bella Ramsey in lead. I don’t think they’ll even think about moving D’Arcy or Cooke up if The Last of Us ends up being a contender for them.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Miossid
    Topics:

That should have been done a long time ago.

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

She’ll have a better chance in supporting for a win .

smarter person
    Topics:

Taking this all with a grain of salt given the source, but I did find the omission of the show from this promotional trailer (it starts at the 2:09 mark) HBO released for their 50th Anniversary campaign last week during the section where they highlighted upcoming releases veeeery suspicious and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this is the case.

Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

HBO already have Bella Ramsey in lead. I don’t think they’ll even think about moving D’Arcy or Cooke up if The Last of Us ends up being a contender for them.

my question is: will they let house of dragon, sucession and the last of us competing together? Imo it’s a shot in the leg once they are all strong contenders who might cancel each other out. the last of us should be released for next emmy cycle.

Onion
    Topics:

my question is: will they let house of dragon, sucession and the last of us competing together? Imo it’s a shot in the leg once they are all strong contenders who might cancel each other out. the last of us should be released for next emmy cycle.

Only one can win anyway, I think HBO will be pretty fine with having 3 Series nominees with all of them only helping them max out in overall nominations.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.