Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories (Part 2)

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
Victor
wolfali

• alittle03
    Topics:

Actually have Olsen winning until further notice. Or I guess Keough if her show factors in.

wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah as someone who predicted Chastain for a SAG nomination I’m also puzzled by why George and Tammy is so high in the odds for series. It feels very much like the type of Showtime show we get every year that gets acting nominations at the Globes and SAG but then gets nothing on nominations day because hardly anyone has seen it.

At least The Patient and The English have some sort of critical passion to keep them going and writers and directors with Emmy recognised pedigree who could slip into those respective categories if the field remains weak.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I feel like people actually watched The English though. I haven’t seen a single thing about George and Tammy online lol.

Apparently the ratings are solid but if you look at the breakdown the average viewer is about 70. The average Emmy voters is probably more like 45. You can tell SAG voters are older and more geographically diverse

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

At least The Patient and The English have some sort of critical passion to keep them going and writers and directors with Emmy recognised pedigree who could slip into those respective categories if the field remains weak.

The Patient is being underrated. It’s short, it’s Carell, they doubled down on Hulu last year, Gleeson and Carell both have precursors, and it’s ended up having quite a long tail.

Victor
    Topics:

Actually have Olsen winning until further notice. Or I guess Keough if her show factors in.

Wtf you just made me realize I didn’t slot anyone from Love & Death
    They for sure weren’t on predictions center when it first opened or I would have them.

FYC:
    The HBO darlings everywhere (The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, Perry Mason, White House Plumbers, Love & Death);
    The Apple gang (Bad Sisters, Slow Horses, Shrinking, Ted Lasso, Black Bird);
    Poker Face, The Great, The Bear, Evil (especially Katja Herbers) and The Good Fight.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Victor
    Topics:

Lol they are not in the predictions center at all
    Is it missing eligibility yet again?

FYC:
    The HBO darlings everywhere (The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, Perry Mason, White House Plumbers, Love & Death);
    Poker Face, The Great, The Bear, Evil (especially Katja Herbers) and The Good Fight.

Jays
    Topics:

Lol they are not in the predictions center at all Is it missing eligibility yet again?

Love & Death is supposed to be coming out in March. It’s premiering at SXSW.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Love & Death is supposed to be coming out in March. It’s premiering at SXSW.

Has HBO dated it? They don’t always debut straight away from festivals.

Victor
    Topics:

That was my take too, Scenes from a Marriage premiered on TV a few days after Venice, but that might not be the case for Love & Death. Chris has to know something by not putting in the predictions center right?

FYC:

Onion
    Topics:

I remember Irma Vep premiered earlier somewhere and it only ended up going for a Summer release. I hope that’s not the same case with Love and Death because we need some serious competition for this current season.

Reis
    Topics:

They usually announce HBO MAX originals’s release date few weeks before the premiere, so there is hope.

wolfali
    Topics:

I remember Irma Vep premiered earlier somewhere and it only ended up going for a Summer release. I hope that’s not the same case with Love and Death because we need some serious competition for this current season.

It premiered at Cannes (which was in May) and then aired on HBO on the first week of June.

TV shows tend to usually air quickly after they premiere at festivals because unlike with films they have distribution deals and networks and streamers only usually preview them there to get some word of mouth buzz in so I presume Love and Death is coming out in this cycle if HBO are taking it to SXSW, even if it is an April or May release. If I’m not mistaken the costume designer working on the show also tweeted a while back too that it was coming out in March.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Jays
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken the costume designer working on the show also tweeted a while back too that it was coming out in March.

I thought I saw March in one of HBO’s teasers for this year but that’s probably where I got it from lol.

That show wrapped filming a while ago though, so I’d be shocked if it wasn’t released in the Spring. It’s HBO Max too, so it’s not like they need to squeeze it into a Sunday or Monday night slot. I wouldn’t read into it not being in the predictions center. I imagine there’s a bunch of shows — comedy and drama too — that aren’t there that’ll be out in the Spring.

EOLB
    Topics:

Shannon also being top 3 is weird. George & Tammy has no buzz and she got namechecked at SAG, maybe that’s also the case for Blunt but The English and Chaske Spencer aren’t along for the ride in the actual predictions center.

While it is true SAG has become very kind to Emily these last few years, I don’t think she was namechecked there. She happened without a month of visibility brought by a Golden Globe nomination (unlike Jessica) and the difference between the number of IMDB ratings for both shows I posted a few days before the SAG nominations were announced made it clear ‘The English’ had way more eyeballs on it than ‘George and Tammy’.

And she managed to get in at the expense of Lily, an Emmy and Golden Globe nominee.

And we should point out too ‘The English’ is without a doubt Emily’s least populist SAG nomination.

methaddiction
    Topics:

The way I’m not even going to be shocked at what gets nominated in these categories this year when Inventing Anna and Pam & Tommy got series noms over Station Eleven and Maid.. (both of these shows were absolutely robbed in the acting categories too) not to mention numerous others like Under the Banner of Heaven. 

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.