Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories (Part 4)

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 512 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
Boomerang
Victor

• EOLB
    Topics:

She did get in at SAG..

Which was voted by more people.

I know there isn’t much Emmy and BAFTA overlap, but I hope Amazon Prime uses Chaske’s historic BAFTA nomination for his Emmy campaign.

marcus_emn
    Topics:

Do we know if Rye Lane is submitting to the Emmys or is it going for the Oscars? Just realized it’s premiering next Friday on Hulu (and here in Brazil on Star+). It got great reviews at Sundance so could be a contender

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Daniel
    Topics:

Great Expectations reviews are coming out. Collider (100) and The Telegraph (60) are already on Metacritic.

There are two other positive reviews Culture Whisper (5/5) and Primetimer and a really bad one by Standart UK (0,5/5) 💀

Variety (40) “Hans an electric Olivia Colman,but not enough else”

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m going to do another Limited Ballot poll tomorrow, any preference on category (i.e series, actor, actress, supporting actress or actor?)

(if you just want series at this stage please like this post)

wolfali
    Topics:

I’m going to do another Limited Ballot poll tomorrow, any preference on category (i.e series, actor, actress, supporting actress or actor?) (if you just want series at this stage please like this post)

Both supporting categories? I feel like actor and actress would be very boring as I imagine in the latter category in particular Blunt, Caplan, Chastain, Fishback and Keough would just all be checked off.

Solidarity with the striking writers. Pay them the wages they are owed for bringing us the content we are all on here because of!

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Both supporting categories? I feel like actor and actress would be very boring as I imagine in the latter category in particular Blunt, Caplan, Chastain, Fishback and Keough would just all be checked off.[/quote

Please like Wolfali’s comment if you agree.

nkb325
    Topics:

Time to take Emily Blunt out of my predictions unfortunately since she couldn’t even get in at BAFTA

The BAFTA TV side tends to ignore British stars once they become American movie stars, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Just look at the difference between Olivia Colman’s BAFTA TV track record before (6 nominations, 3 wins) and after (0 nominations) The Favourite. Or Helen Mirren’s before (6 nominations, 3 wins) and after (0 nominations) The Queen. Almost feels like they see them as sellouts or something.

wolfali
    Topics:

I’m always much more interested with BAFTA every year as to who gets nominated rather than who gets snubbed (see Tobias Menzies getting a surprise nod before going on to win at the Emmys or Fiona Shaw getting in and winning before getting nominated at the Emmys). It usually speaks to the passion a performance has whilst there usually is a whole range of factors that leads to a performer’s snub there that doesn’t neccessarily relate to passion itself.

The one I was the most surprised by this year was Taron Egerton. He’s a young white male Hollywood actor who isn’t neccessarily that highly regarded as a thespian in the UK (at least compared to some of the film actors we’ve seen nominated in the past) and whilst a talented actor has essentially gotten by as a stud. Richard Madden was snubbed for Bodyguard and that was a homegrown production and his performance was much more acclaimed. Between his nomination here and the surprise Elliot win at SAG potentially suggesting him and Hauser vote-split there, perhaps we’re underestimating just how much passion he has?

Solidarity with the striking writers. Pay them the wages they are owed for bringing us the content we are all on here because of!

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The BAFTA TV side tends to ignore British stars once they become American movie stars, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Just look at the difference between Olivia Colman’s BAFTA TV track record before (6 nominations, 3 wins) and after (0 nominations) The Favourite. Or Helen Mirren’s before (6 nominations, 3 wins) and after (0 nominations) The Queen. Almost feels like they see them as sellouts or something.

Thanks for this insight. It does seem a strange pattern…but then you have Kate Winslet nominated it still feels disappointing

FYC 2023:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Shayda (Best Actress)
    Helen Mirren - Golda (Best Actress)
    Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt - Oppenheimer (Best Actor/Actress)

Victor
    Topics:

Thanks for this insight. It does seem a strange pattern…but then you have Kate Winslet nominated it still feels disappointing

SAG has members of the TV Academy on it so I would trust them more than the juried BAFTA.
    Ofc she’s not a lock, they might as well go crazy with the nominees since no one’s landing, but I think she’s in.

He lives in you, he lives in me, he watches over everything we see.
    Into the water, into the truth, in your reflection, he lives in you.

Topics:

Victor
    Topics:

I just can’t still get over Olivia Colman missing last year for Landscapers.

Landscapers as a whole was so robbed, David Thewlis! The directing! The Cinematography! One of the best shows of 2021.

He lives in you, he lives in me, he watches over everything we see.
    Into the water, into the truth, in your reflection, he lives in you.

Topics:

EOLB
    Topics:

The SAG nominating committee is made of 2500 people.

https://www.sagawards.org/awards/campaigns/guidelines

The BAFTA jury is nine people according to Wikipedia? Correct me if I’m mistaken.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.