Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs

• kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Fleishman is in Trouble is so good!!!! It’s a way more interesting look at modern marriage and divorce than Marriage Story and Scenes From a Marriage (2021) are. Eisenberg and Danes are killing it. Though I don’t see any buzz for the show.

It has 488 votes on IMDB, which given 3 of the 8 episodes have aired would suggest it needs more promo pretty desperately.

wolfali
    Topics:

I think it’s too early to comment on Fleishman is in Trouble. It could be another Station Eleven just as easily as it could be another Irma Vep/Five Days at a Memorial and just come and go. Not everything is an instantaneous hit.

I’m very curious to see how long The English manages to sustain its buzz because it has started off really well compared to other Amazon limited series. It has been two weeks since it was released and it is already at 7.5k votes on IMDB (which is more than The Underground Railroad has gotten in a year and a half) with 3k US votes (which is almost as many votes as A Very English Scandal has gotten in 4 years since it aired). It’s also no.8 on IMDB this week in a year in which only 6 other limited series have managed to chart in the top 10 on there (four of which are from this Emmy cycle and only one of which, The White Lotus, is not a true crime series).

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor
    Topics:

Fleishman is in Trouble is so good!!!! It’s a way more interesting look at modern marriage and divorce than Marriage Story and Scenes From a Marriage (2021) are. Eisenberg and Danes are killing it. Though I don’t see any buzz for the show.

We will be campaigning for it, let’s hope the industry is secretly watching it.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

It’s a little frustrating that Werewolf by Night and Guardians of the Galaxy: The Holiday Special can’t be eligible in TV Movie because of the runtime rule, especially considering that this category has had fewer submissions each year.

wolfali
    Topics:

I mean it’s the TV Movie category so who cares but I really hope voters don’t nominate Hocus Pocus 2 and Disenchanted because they are woeful. The latter in particular just takes away all the magic of the first movie (outside of Adams’ performance) which was one of, if not the best, live action film in Disney’s catalogue. Somebody save Amy Adams!

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor
    Topics:

Werewolf by Night would be a deserving winner but even Marvel calls it and the Guardians thing “Specials” and not movies so why should the Emmys

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Whilst we are on the subject of TV Movie, I am missing any more 2023 eligible films/specials etc from 2022?

Disenchanted (Disney+)
    Entergalatic (Netflix)
    Father of the Bride (HBO Max)
    Fire Island (Hulu)
    Girl in Room 13 (Lifetime)
    Hocus Pocus 2 (Disney+)
    Meet Cute (Peacock)
    Out of Office (Comedy Central)
    Reno 911: Its a Wonderful Heist (Comedy Central)
    Samaritan (Prime Video)
    South Park: The Streaming Wars (Paramount+)
    They/Them (Peacock)
    Weird: The Al Yankovich Story (The Roku Channel)

Victor
    Topics:

Idk how Roku’s team work but they have a real shot of even winning an Emmy for Radcliffe if they play their cards right.

wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst we are on the subject of TV Movie, I am missing any more 2023 eligible films/specials etc from 2022?

Disenchanted (Disney+)
    Entergalatic (Netflix)
    Fire Island (Hulu)
    Hocus Pocus 2 (Disney+)
    Meet Cute (Peacock)
    Samaritan (Prime Video)
    They/Them (Peacock)

I’m not sure if it will get a straight to streaming release or if it will have a theatrical run but Netflix have just announced that the Luther movie is going to premiere in March.

rlk
    Topics:

Disenchanted (Disney+)
    Entergalatic (Netflix)
    Fire Island (Hulu)
    Hocus Pocus 2 (Disney+)
    Meet Cute (Peacock)
    Samaritan (Prime Video)
    They/Them (Peacock)

Prey (Hulu)?

jjjmoss
    Topics:

Werewolf by Night would be a deserving winner but even Marvel calls it and the Guardians thing “Specials” and not movies so why should the Emmys

what can they even compete as then? like…variety special even though they’re not really variety?

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

what can they even compete as then? like…variety special even though they’re not really variety?

I’m not sure they can even do that.

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Whilst we are on the subject of TV Movie, I am missing any more 2023 eligible films/specials etc from 2022? – Disenchanted (Disney+) – Entergalatic (Netflix) – Father of the Bride (HBO Max) – Fire Island (Hulu) – Girl in Room 13 (Lifetime) – Hocus Pocus 2 (Disney+) – Meet Cute (Peacock) – Out of Office (Comedy Central) – Reno 911: Its a Wonderful Heist (Comedy Central) – Samaritan (Prime Video) – South Park: The Streaming Wars (Paramount+) – They/Them (Peacock) – Weird: The Al Yankovich Story (The Roku Channel)

Theoretically, the most recent Doctor Who special could qualify as a TV Movie as it is 90 minutes long. But the BBC apparently didn’t even submit the last season at the Emmys, so I don’t know what will happen.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Theoretically, the most recent Doctor Who special could qualify as a TV Movie as it is 90 minutes long. But the BBC apparently didn’t even submit the last season at the Emmys, so I don’t know what will happen.

Who would actually submit it? Will the rights have moved over to Disney+ by Emmys? I can see them having a vested interest in doing so.

Onion
    Topics:

Nice to read about this because this is one of the shows that I am most excited to watch. I hope it gains more traction and people start watching it too.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories’ is closed to new replies.