Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs

• antony
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2022/11/scarlett-johansson-star-just-cause-limited-series-amazon-prime-video-christy-hall-1235182774/embed/#?secret=dWBmFcJcc0#?secret=Hsv7hTjVRk Imagine if we get her and Sandra Oh in the same year and she wins lol.

sir dont bring this energy into the universe

Jays
    Topics:

Jesse Eisenberg should be sweeping instead of the inevitable boring Evan Peters sweep we’ll get. He’s way better.

I’m only 3 episodes in to Fleishman and Eisenberg is already so much better. I did think Dahmer was bad and Peters unremarkable though, so his performance isn’t hard to top for me lol. Danes is also great too, but I think the character is too unlikeable and buzz too muted (for now) for her to factor into the conversation.

Egerton in Black Bird is also miles ahead of whatever Peters was doing.

wolfali
    Topics:

I’m very curious to see whether the industry has been watching The Patient. I’m not entirely sure how widely seen it is and I myself haven’t seen it but I’ve noticed it popping up in quite a number of year end lists which I don’t think I’ve seen of any other limited series from this cycle yet even though it doesn’t seem to have garnered as much overall buzz as The White Lotus : Sicily, Black Bird, The English and Dahmer have.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

I’d just like to say that if Emily Blunt and Chaske spencer sweep they’d really deserve it .

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

2021-2010, longform lead actor:
    Hulu (based loosely on a true story)
    Netflix (based on a true story)
    HBO
    FX (based on a true story)
    HBO
    HBO
    PBS
    HBO (based on a true story)
    History (based on a true story)
    Reelz (based on a true story)

Definitely a lot of bio domination.

2023: AMC (based loosely on real events)

Onion
    Topics:

With Amanda Seyfried joining in, i thought of asking how would you all rank the last 10 Best Actress winners on this category?

1. Frances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge
    2. Regina King, Watchmen
    3. Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
    4. Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown
    5. Sarah Paulson, The People vs. OJ Simpson
    6. Jessica Lange, Coven
    7. Regina King, Seven Seconds

8. Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout

I haven’t watched Fosse/Verdon (a crime, I know, but it was a busy year and then I lost interest, but maybe someday!) and The Big C: Hereafter, but this one probably wouldn’t change the ranking a lot.

Victor
    Topics:

George & Tammy with a 67 MC Score. Chastain and Shannon getting raves tho.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

wolfali
    Topics:

The shade…

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Jays
    Topics:

I’m very curious to see whether the industry has been watching The Patient. I’m not entirely sure how widely seen it is and I myself haven’t seen it but I’ve noticed it popping up in quite a number of year end lists which I don’t think I’ve seen of any other limited series from this cycle yet even though it doesn’t seem to have garnered as much overall buzz as The White Lotus : Sicily, Black Bird, The English and Dahmer have.

The way you sneaked in The English lol

estrelas
    Topics:

2023: AMC (based loosely on real events)

Best miniseries of the season, so far. Should be sweeping the winter awards.

wolfali
    Topics:

The way you sneaked in The English lol

Strange of you to call a show you seem to be predicting for limited series and actress Golden Globe nominations (as recently as last week) a sneak.

Victor
    Topics:

We have Whishaw, Egerton, Eisenberg, Spencer, Carell, Gleeson and i didn’t watch it but I’m sure Nanjiani is great as well and we’ll have to see Peters sweep.

I hope I’m surprised (i know SAG is 99% his to lose but I need the Globes to have taste)

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

“Evan Peters has been so underrated so long, he deserves a big lead showcase vehicle”

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

2021-2010, longform lead actor:

Hulu (based loosely on a true story)

HBO

HBO

HBO

PBS

History (based on a true story)

Reelz (based on a true story)

Definitely a lot of bio domination.

Nuts how HBO and Sherlock Holmes are the only times a fictional character has managed to win in a decade plus.

wolfali
    Topics:

I always used to eyeroll whenever I’d read anything about Genius but honestly I’m so excited for this.

‘Genius: MLK/X’ Adds Ron Cephas Jones, Gary Carr, Hubert Point-Du Jour In Lead Roles, 5 More Cast

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories’ is closed to new replies.