Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs

• Sir Shaw
    Topics:

George & Tammy, starring Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon, premiered Sunday with 3.3 million Live+Same Day linear viewers across Showtime, Paramount Network and CMT. Originally produced for Spectrum Originals with a second window on Paramount Network and Paramount+, the music drama was recently picked up by Showtime after Spectrum pulled away from original series.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/george-and-tammy-premiere-raytings-showtime-simulcast-1235190446/

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just wanted to check in on the Hulu series which feel pretty underseen still? Is The White Lotus just drowning them out?

Tjuz
    Topics:

Just wanted to check in on the Hulu series which feel pretty underseen still? Is The White Lotus just drowning them out?

It’s insane how Hulu miniseries continue to just fly completely under the radar. I suppose The Patient is their most widely watched this season so far, but even then that really didn’t catch on and wasn’t widely discussed at any point. Mike, Fleishman in Trouble and Welcome to Chippendales I have heard pretty much nothing about since they premiered, and the last one was supposed to be a pretty hot ticket! Feels like it’s their 2022 slate all over again but just without a Dopesick so far to cling onto. I guess we’ll see if Kindred has better luck but considering the lack of buzz around it just a few days out, I’m not convinced.

Tjuz
    Topics:

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Forgive my ignorance, but has This is Going to Hurt already been eligible for the 2022 Emmys or will it be eligible for the 2023 Emmys?

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Forgive my ignorance, but has This is Going to Hurt already been eligible for the 2022 Emmys or will it be eligible for the 2023 Emmys?

2023, it came out in like week 1 of the cycle in the US I believe.

Victor
    Topics:

‘The Palace’: HBO Brings Back Hugh Grant For Role In Limited Series

2024 slate looking fine

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Victor
    Topics:

The penultimate episode, which aired on Sunday, once again hit a series-high viewership with an audience of 2.8M across HBO Max and linear telecasts, according to HBO. That’s a 23% jump from the record set just one week prior with Episode 5’s 2.3M viewers.

Viewership for the penultimate episode is also up 85% from the Season 2 premiere, which debuted in October to 1.5M viewers.

The Season 2 premiere episode is now tracking at 10.4M total viewers, and each episode of the second season is averaging about 9.5M — which is 60% ahead of Season 1 at this point in time.

‘The White Lotus’ Season 2 Penultimate Episode Surpasses Previous Series Viewership Record

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Couverture
    Topics:

This is Going to Hurt is doing unexpectedly well so far despite the AMC+ of it all. Whishaw won at Gotham, has additional buzz because of Women Talking which makes him a guaranteed presence on the awards circuit and is now extremely well positioned to win at CC + potentially the Globes if nominated. The show is also the only limited series to be on the Metacritic critics aggregate and is the only one from the current cycle to get a nom in the main category at CC. When the other shows are barely making a mark anywhere (critically, commercially or awards wise), maybe even this level of support is enough.

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

Manav
    Topics:
    liz
    Topics:

I just watched the last The White Lotus episode and guys….. I’m afraid that if it goes limited it will sweep again, S2 is even more enjoyable than S1 😭

Good luck to everyone that’s going to campaign for a supporting slot, they’re seriously gonna need it.

liz
    Topics:

I was the biggest TWL hater even though I liked the 1st season because I didn’t think that it was fair for them to announce a 2nd season after deciding to go limited, but I can’t help it when the series is just too good

They’re gonna need to expand the slot to 10 nominees otherwise all of them will be filled by TWL actors 😭 Mike White had a vision with this cast, they’re fantastic

LittleLucky
    Topics:

I was the biggest TWL hater even though I liked the 1st season because I didn’t think that it was fair for them to announce a 2nd season after deciding to go limited, but I can’t help it when the series is just too good They’re gonna need to expand the slot to 10 nominees otherwise all of them will be filled by TWL actors 😭 Mike White had a vision with this cast, they’re fantastic

I’ve been having trouble pinpointing a specific standout in either category (especially supporting actress, I switched from Fahy to Plaza to Impacciatore in one episode), did the last episode make it clear who the MVP was for you or is it really just a free-for-all?

liz
    Topics:

I’ve been having trouble pinpointing a specific standout in either category (especially supporting actress, I switched from Fahy to Plaza to Impacciatore in one episode), did the last episode make it clear who the MVP was for you or is it really just a free-for-all?

I still think that Plaza is taking it but it really feels like a free-for-all! everyone has their own tape, this last one was Impacciatore’s, the 3th one was Fahy’s and Plaza has a few options that I can’t even choose 😭

Can I also mention how amazing Coolidge was this episode? She was amazing. And the Italian girls surprise me episode by episode, I think they deserve some love but I don’t know if HBO is gonna go that hard over them, they’re so much better than Sweeney, but at least Sweeney had Euphoria to help her get that limited supporting slot this year, they don’t have anything so I don’t think it’s happening 😭

liz
    Topics:

Some options for TWL

Best Limited Supporting Actress: 

1. Aubrey Plaza

2. Jennifer Coolidge

3. Meghann Fahy

4. Sabrina Impacciatore

5. Simona Tabasco

6. Beatrice Grannò

Best Limited Supporting Actor: 

1. F. Murray Abraham

2. Theo James

3. Tom Hollander

4. Michael Imperioli

5. Will Sharpe

6. Adam DiMarco

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories’ is closed to new replies.