Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs

• kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I gotta say I do not understand the extreme delay on The White House Plumbers. The show wrapped like eleven months ago and it’s a 2023 release, and it seems like such an obvious pairing given Headey with House of The Dragon.

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

I gotta say I do not understand the extreme delay on The White House Plumbers. The show wrapped like eleven months ago and it’s a 2023 release, and it seems like such an obvious pairing given Headey with House of The Dragon.

It’s HBO strategy to own Sundays like HOTD debuted the sunday after Westworld’s last episode and the white lotus 2 airing the sunday after HOTD last episode . I expect the Idol to start late November pairing with TWL to bring audience to it before it continues on it’s own . Then I’d say either love and death or the white house plumbers will debut .

Just a theory .

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

liz
    Topics:

I can definitely see Evan Peters being nominated for his acting but what I don’t see is Dahmer competing for limited series.

Netflix marathon-like style this early on in the competition may hurt their chances and the show might as well be forgotten, also, it doesn’t seem like they’ll campaign for it because most of the promo around the show seems to be word of mouth, which is not necessarily bad but Netflix isn’t even trying to promote it.

Black Bird is the definite frontrunner right now but I’m also afraid that if we put together the early release + Apple releasing more limited projects next year, it will also be forgotten.

I don’t think that we have any locks in this category, as of now.

Victor
    Topics:

I would say you’re right but after they got Inventing Anna in i will never doubt the power of Netflix again.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

liz
    Topics:

I would say you’re right but after they got Inventing Anna in i will never doubt the power of Netflix again.

Onion
    Topics:

Netflix and Murphy were so smart for not sending screeners. If they had send them, everyone would be talking about the bad reviews when they came out and no one would care about the show, but they allowed everyone to watch first and form their own opinions and now people are actually talking about the show. I hope more shows adopt that strategy.

Topics:

forwardswill
    Topics:

Netflix and Murphy were so smart for not sending screeners. If they had send them, everyone would be talking about the bad reviews when they came out and no one would care about the show, but they allowed everyone to watch first and form their own opinions and now people are actually talking about the show. I hope more shows adopt that strategy.

I expect we will see the same with all of Murphy’s going forward.

Victor
    Topics:

Does Netflix even have another Limited Series outside of the two by Murphy (is The Watcher limited?)? I can see them going all in with them so i wouldn’t discount a series nod.
    Twitter backlash from the families involved aren’t going to kill this show either, remember Pam & Tommy?
    Critics can push a show to stardom (Yellowjackets, Girls5Eva, etc) but they rarely matters when it comes to the Emmys, just remember that the only Limited show with a 80+ on MC this past season was White Lotus.

If multiple shows fail again i can definitely see Dahmer pulling an Inventing Anna. Only thing holding them back is the early release.

Let’s see how it does at the Winter Awards.

Topics:

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Does Netflix even have another Limited Series outside of the two by Murphy (is The Watcher limited?)? I can see them going all in with them so i wouldn’t discount a series nod. Twitter backlash from the families involved aren’t going to kill this show either, remember Pam & Tommy? Critics can push a show to stardom (Yellowjackets, Girls5Eva, etc) but they rarely matters when it comes to the Emmys, just remember that the only Limited show with a 80+ on MC this past season was White Lotus. If multiple shows fail again i can definitely see Dahmer pulling an Inventing Anna. Only thing holding them back is the early release. Let’s see how it does at the Winter Awards.

They have Painkiller , A man in full , Griselda and All the light we cannot see .

Victor
    Topics:

All the light we cannot see

Lol, i forgot this was theirs
    Forget everything I said, it’s over for Dahmer, this one will be the one.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Just finished Dahmer, so here goes my presentation lol

The show as a whole is average, like most of Murphy shows for Netflix. Episode 6, “Silenced”, was a terrific piece and one of the most emotional episodes of the show and the one that saved the mess the first half was, those first 5 episodes were pretty slow and sometimes boring but the last half, that’s were magic happened.

“Silenced” marked the start of Peters’ Dahmer as a supporting. That 2nd half keeps him that way till the end and I liked it. Focusing on how other people lived those crimes made it more efective, I think the show should have been told that way since the beginning or maybe telling the story by using Dahmer confessing his crimes and then going to the past to show it would have been a better choice for me.

Acting wise, Peters was great, he was solid, loved that he played such a subtle character for once because Murphy always gives him loud characters. His strongest episodes are 3-5 but while he didn’t strike me as a winning performance, he should be safe for a nomination and it’s the frontrunner for GG and SAG.

Jenkins was the MVP for me, what an exquisite performance, you feel everything the character was going through and how Lionel tried everything to save his son, his unconditional love for him made you feel sorry for him as a father. What a great actor he is.

Nash was great, she truly shined in the last 4 episodes but if someone stopped watching before “Cassandra”, she didn’t have any material and was mostly a cameo and thay could affect her awards prospects.

Now, about it’s awards chances, the acting is the strongest part of Dahmer and just like Inventing Anna and Pam & Tommy, actors are the ones who could give Dahmer a random Limited Series nod. I’d feel more confident if the show has been released closer to the voting and I don’t feel it’d be strong enough to keep momentum for a whole year, also the reception has been pretty bad from critics, but we still have a long way to go. We need to see how the show performs during winter season outside of acting to see if it’s a contender or not. Netflix also has other contenders that will make things difficult for Dahmer to be a priority, they did zero promo for it and basically just dropped it.

As of now, I feel the Emmy nomination threshold is Peters, Jenkins and Nash. Seriously doubt anyone else makes it. “Silenced” is the best choice for a Directing/Writing nomination, and unlike other shows like Hollywood or Halson, Dahmer wasn’t a show that relied strongly on it’s craft which is why I’m not counting on a lot of craft support.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

not really. people will watch a show if they’re interested; most people care 0% about reviews.

inventing anna was very big with mediocre reviews. or emily in paris.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories’ is closed to new replies.